PDA

View Full Version : Installing to hard drive

Jethrow
06-05-2009, 08:55 PM
My cod4 game is cracked a bit and i now notice my 360 being loud only when playing this game. I want to play alot online tonight so i wanted to install it to my hdd. I have the cheap 20gb so i was wondering if anyone know how much space cod4 would take and how long does it take to install. thanks

laundryman
06-05-2009, 08:57 PM
6.7 Gigabytes

Here's a chart if you ever need to know this for another game: http://www.bingegamer.net/2008/so-how-much-time-are-you-saving-xbox-360-nxe-hard-drive-install-chart/

Jethrow
06-05-2009, 09:10 PM
6.7 Gigabytes

Here's a chart if you ever need to know this for another game: http://www.bingegamer.net/2008/so-how-much-time-are-you-saving-xbox-360-nxe-hard-drive-install-chart/

cool man thanks, that shows everything right there.

So does the disc still spin in the drive?
Can i take the disc out once the game starts?
I just don't want the machine to go all crazy like it has been, thanks for the tips guys.

JC
06-05-2009, 09:21 PM
cool man thanks, that shows everything right there.

So does the disc still spin in the drive?
Can i take the disc out once the game starts?
I just don't want the machine to go all crazy like it has been, thanks for the tips guys.
No, the disc does not spin in the drive...installing to the HDD stops all the negative effects of this (e.g: Noise).

And you must keep the disc in the drive whilst the game is playing, the disc needs to be in the drive for the game to work. :)

Jethrow
06-05-2009, 11:39 PM
cool, i've done it, just havent' played it yet but i'm glad it installed no problem especially since its cracked. thanks guys

CyanideBreathMint
06-06-2009, 12:32 AM
After installing the game to your hdd (which clearly the disc will spin during in the installation), the disc will spin for a few seconds each time you fire up the game so it can do its verification checks, but then it'll stop spinning after that.

Just clearing up that question about it spinning. Hope that made sense.

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 12:34 AM
My cod4 game is cracked a bit and i now notice my 360 being loud only when playing this game. I want to play alot online tonight so i wanted to install it to my hdd. I have the cheap 20gb so i was wondering if anyone know how much space cod4 would take and how long does it take to install. thanks
It takes about five minutes to install it on your harddrive.

IncensedCape
06-06-2009, 12:51 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. People say that installing games to the hard drive reduces wear and tear on the disk drive, which is fine and dandy. However, won't the disk in the hard drive just be taking the strain instead by spinning constantly, reducing its lifespan? Or am I just talking rubbish :)

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 01:20 AM
I was thinking about this the other day. People say that installing games to the hard drive reduces wear and tear on the disk drive, which is fine and dandy. However, won't the disk in the hard drive just be taking the strain instead by spinning constantly, reducing its lifespan? Or am I just talking rubbish :)
I'd say that's a pretty good point actually. Harddrives only last for a few years. I'm not sure if you'd have to worry about needing to replace your 360's drive any time soon though.