PDA

View Full Version : New digital games availible in august !!!

my_box_72
06-05-2009, 10:22 PM
Sweet deal but there is the issue with hardrive ..are they any availible bigger then my 120g
this will be intresting so basically purchase the game finish and deleted of your hardrive .

What happened to online storage (or was that a rumour I heard somewhere) I think
microsoft releasing all the goodness coming but there more needed space issue :eek:

jason86586
06-05-2009, 10:25 PM
hard drive space may be a problem but i dont think that it will be online storage

gamerguy69
06-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Even if you deleted it due to space constraints, don't you still retain the right to download it anytime afterwards to the same profile you originally DL'd it to in the first place??? It's not like you're throwing it out and wasting money.

CyanideBreathMint
06-06-2009, 02:58 AM
Even if you deleted it due to space constraints, don't you still retain the right to download it anytime afterwards to the same profile you originally DL'd it to in the first place??? It's not like you're throwing it out and wasting money.
Short answer: Yes, of course.

You can purchase any XBLA game now (always could actually), delete and re-download it again for free and all those are digital downloads. The same would apply with full 360 retail games too.

Glowin Smurff
06-06-2009, 04:24 AM
and you can kiss video game rental places goodbye if this becomes mainstream.

i think this is a bad idea.

can't borrow your buddies disc, can't go rent a game.....bleh.

and 120 is the biggest HDD for Xbox360

ZinDarr
06-06-2009, 04:32 AM
Personally, I have no plans on buying any full games from the marketplace, for reasons already mentioned. My best friend and I love trading games back and forth, and I don't think I have enough space on my harddrive to even hold 1 full game right now.

jimi_stephen
06-06-2009, 04:35 AM
I don't have a hard drive, so I wont be doing this.

JRFNelson
06-06-2009, 11:00 AM
There are certain games that you might end up downloading if you cant find them anywhere to buy or they are older rare games, And of course it is possible that they will make them cheaper to buy direct but that seems very unlikely.

Still it could have the opposite effect of making all the games in the shops cheaper to compete which would be better for us gamers.

Still i guess we will have to see what happens in the Autumn?

Anyone know what date they have in mind for the Fall Update?

khamelion
06-06-2009, 12:29 PM
i'll only use this if it is cheaper than getting preowned games and i'm sure i want it. can't return a download if it isn't what you expected.

Mister Buds
06-06-2009, 02:48 PM
i won't be using this. i see no need in having full games downloaded on to my hard drive. it would just take up space, i only have a 60gb and i'm not going to upgrade for this. i like actually having copies of the game, don't know why. i probably wouldn't be able to anyway, unless you buy copies with microsoft points, since i don't have a credit card.

SuperNova X2X
06-06-2009, 02:58 PM
I can't see this being a huge hit. It will never replace the disc, that's for sure. I mean installing a game normally takes up about 6 GB, so it would take an awful long time to download.

dakrkplayer2
06-06-2009, 07:12 PM
Something like this is not ready for us to used. becoues we need a bigger HDD to stoer the game. In the same time save game on it. Aswell of download add-on. It will not work on the XBOX 360. But this might work for XBOX 1440 for suer.

radar616
06-06-2009, 11:32 PM
I hate any sort of DD with a passion. I havent bought anything from Steam and never intend to. I like my game collection is be physical, something I can actually see and touch. Unless MS reduce the price of the 120gb HDD which is still over 100 in places or give us the option of using our own HDDs. I can get a 500Gb HDD for a pc for less that 50!

Ben Sharpe
06-06-2009, 11:44 PM
I hate any sort of DD with a passion. I havent bought anything from Steam and never intend to. I like my game collection is be physical, something I can actually see and touch. Unless MS reduce the price of the 120gb HDD which is still over 100 in places or give us the option of using our own HDDs. I can get a 500Gb HDD for a pc for less that 50!

You can get the 120GB HDD for 59.99 on play.com, I was considering it last week.

CyanideBreathMint
06-07-2009, 04:28 AM
Something like this is not ready for us to used. becoues we need a bigger HDD to stoer the game. In the same time save game on it. Aswell of download add-on. It will not work on the XBOX 360. But this might work for XBOX 1440 for suer.
If you only have a 20gb hdd it wouldn't be practical, no. If you have a 120gb hdd like myself, it's completely feasible.

No clue why you're thinking it wouldn't work for the 360 of this generation.