PDA

View Full Version : Note: Franchise Achievements

FRANKSnBEANS
06-05-2009, 10:23 PM
You MUST ACTUALLY PLAY 20 GAMES in order for them to unlock.

I played my first 20 on 3 innings, then simmed all the way through to the last game, played it, and afterwards all of the franchise achievements unlocked.

Do the same for the world series achievement. (You must actually play the last game).

I've seen a lot of people complaining that simming to the last game and playing it results in nothing popping. This has to be because they aren't actually playing through 20 games.

Also, going to the season schedule lets you know how many games you yourself have actually played. (There is a user icon on the bottom left side with a number).

SnowPlowMan01
06-05-2009, 11:10 PM
How do u get them? by dooing a season?

FRANKSnBEANS
06-05-2009, 11:48 PM
Franchise Mode. There are 6 total.

SnowPlowMan01
06-05-2009, 11:56 PM
ok thanks!

El Diablo 8
06-07-2009, 09:05 PM
did you personally do everything for the 6 achievements or did the computer do most of them but you still got them?

WhiteShadow8953
06-08-2009, 12:00 PM
you don't have to do them all, just as long as one player has each one at the end

for the 40 saves, i would suggest:
play the first 20 games and try go work on homeruns, rbis, k's, and turn pitcher fatigue off and use the same starter every game to get the 20 wins early

than save your season

sim to the day before the trade deadline

trade for the closer with the most saves

sim to the 4th or 5th to last game of the season

check your closer to see if you can get the save achievement, even if you have to play the last 4 or 5 games

FRANKSnBEANS
06-09-2009, 08:40 PM
Start a 162 game franchise. You only need to play the first 20 games, as well as the very last regular season game. After the 20, sim to the last game and play it. (Achievements will unlock as game results are displayed.)

Once the post season starts, you can again sim up to the world series game, but you must play it in order to get the achievement.

After my first 20 games, (I used the White Sox) I was 6/6 for saves with Bobby Jenks. I then used a stacked lineup and terrible pitching rotation, except for Jenks as my closer. I simmed until about a week and a half remaining, he had around 35-36 saves. I then played the last few games keeping it close on purpose in order to get him to 40.

Chrispy Ware
06-11-2009, 12:07 AM
So you have to play 21 games to get the season achievements? I played 20 games, the last game of the season was my 20th. I then played the World Series game and got the achievement for winning the W.S. but not for any of my season achievements even tho I met all the objectives (besides 40 saves). But from how people are wording it, i'm being led to believe you must play 20 regular season games AND the last game of the season to get these achievements, right?

Update: Ok, now I'm really upset. I reloaded my franchise, played 20 games regular season plus the last game of the season (so 21 all together), no achievement. So I play the World Series and win it. No achievement still. What am I doing wrong here or am I seriously getting glitched???

Mike5540
06-12-2009, 04:06 AM
I got world series one but i didnt get any regular season ones... I played first 20, then last 2 of the regular season... any ideas? I still got the world series one.

dty2g
06-12-2009, 05:42 PM
Hmm... I got 20 wins with my starter and played 20 games, but no achievement. The next game I used him as a pinch hitter and the achievement unlocked after the game. Weird.

LachyFTW
06-12-2009, 07:57 PM
I played 40 games and the final game of the season, got nothing. Also tried to play the last game of the world series and nothing either. This achievement is pissing me off.

mctennisd
06-16-2009, 11:34 PM
played 20 and then last game, and then last game of series. and only world series achievement

Fielders Choice
06-22-2009, 02:50 PM
I got all but the saves done so far in the season using the Jays . I'm into the mid of august in the season. I've played 23 games so far. The 20 wins unlocked when Doc Holiday got win #21 on the season along with 200K's (he's at 201). Rios has 140 RBI's it unlocked after user game played #21. The homers unlocked right at 40. My advice is make sure you play 10-15 in April then sim till trade deadline. trade for the closer with the most saves like everyone else has said. I traded for Joe Nathan he's at 33 saves so far. Play 10-15 more in mid august to make sure your stats are done. If need be fire up the 2nd controller and run the score up a few games to make sure you reach the totals. Sim till the last weekof the season and play the last few games if you havent already got all the unlocks

Incognito
07-01-2009, 06:24 PM
This game fucked me on the franchise achievements. I played no less than 30 games during the season and had everything but 40 saves and I got nothing.... Not a single one.

What a colossal Piece Of Shit this game is

Elektrohazard
07-04-2009, 11:33 PM
Is this really that hard for people to understand? It's very simple and they are all easy go get, the only one I've had trouble with was getting 40 saves.

Incognito
07-05-2009, 03:07 PM
Is this really that hard for people to understand? It's very simple and they are all easy go get, the only one I've had trouble with was getting 40 saves.

No it's not hard to understand for me, but apparently it is for you. What part of "I did everything and still didn't get it" don't you understand?

If I played on a different difficulty or something else, I wouldn't bother complaining obviously. Followed the rules exactly and the achievements didn't unlock; that's not hard to understand either but you seem to be having trouble anyway.

ckleckner
07-06-2009, 09:04 PM
i play 20 games but did not play the last reg season game n after the season it keeps freezing so i had to go back before and played up to 20 and won the ws n still nothing but i used all 30 teams. do u only have to use 1 or can u use more then one?

baddawg12
07-06-2009, 10:54 PM
i play 20 games but did not play the last reg season game n after the season it keeps freezing so i had to go back before and played up to 20 and won the ws n still nothing but i used all 30 teams. do u only have to use 1 or can u use more then one?
You don't have to play the last regular season game. Just play 20 regular season games and then play the final (or clinching) game of the World Series. You only have to use one team.