PDA

View Full Version : Why did my Gamerscore get erased!! Help!

username1199
06-06-2009, 01:10 AM
First i didnt cheat, so I know thats not the answer.

I have been playing Call of Duty: WAW, and have gotten quite a few acheivements.

My cousin wanted me to help him beat terminator:Salvation on his Xbox, and get acheivements, so I downloaded my gamertag onto his system and hard drive.

We beat the game, got the acheivements, and i re-downloaded my gamertag back onto my system and harddrive.

I put in COD, and I have 0 achevements? Wtf?!

My save is still there, and when I go to choose a mission, i can only select the first and last (zombies) mission.

Can anyone explain what happened?

Wii187
06-06-2009, 01:13 AM
Were you playing CoD: WaW offline? Did you notice the 0GS for the game at your cousins house?

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Could be one of those rare glitches in the system. I had a friend that had two of the same achievement. Stuff like this happens from time to time.

KingSlitherOne
06-06-2009, 01:15 AM
Not sure what happended. Never heard about something like that... except when a friend of mine lost about 600g on the game Fracture. The lost gs came back within in a few hours.

So just wait and I'm sure it will return.

username1199
06-06-2009, 01:17 AM
Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say just my COD acheivements got erased.

And yes, i was origianally was playing offline. I logged into live this morning.

PMILL69
06-06-2009, 01:20 AM
when you have a internet cord in and your not playing live it tends to not save your achievements happen to me many times

jukkakhan
06-06-2009, 01:21 AM
If you were offline when you gained them and didn't connect to Live before you recovered your gamertag, those will get lost. When you recover your gamertag, it downloads the last "version" of your gamertag that was seen on Live. Since those achievements weren't updated to Live, they got overwriten. I'm pretty sure it warns you about this when you recover your tag.

Wii187
06-06-2009, 01:21 AM
Sorry for the confusion, I meant to say just my COD acheivements got erased.

And yes, i was origianally was playing offline. I logged into live this morning.

Yah, it'll only register your score when you connect to Live. When you downloaded it back to your 360, it overwritten your COD:WaW score.

Dz06lt
06-06-2009, 01:27 AM
hmm thats pretty terrible hope it gets sorted out, did you send a message to MS support?

username1199
06-06-2009, 02:01 AM
My cousin said it happened cause i didnt log into live before downloading my gamertag, so live didnt recognize my acheivements.

Any ideas?

username1199
06-06-2009, 02:08 AM
If you were offline when you gained them and didn't connect to Live before you recovered your gamertag, those will get lost. When you recover your gamertag, it downloads the last "version" of your gamertag that was seen on Live. Since those achievements weren't updated to Live, they got overwriten. I'm pretty sure it warns you about this when you recover your tag.

Yea i think your right. Damn i wish i knew before. I guess i was warned by MS, when you click accept before you recover your gamertag, but who the hell has actually read that thing before?

Anyways, lesson learned.

Thanks for the help guys!

Wii187
06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
My cousin said it happened cause i didnt log into live before downloading my gamertag, so live didnt recognize my acheivements.

Any ideas?

You transferred your tag back to your 360, right? Your CoD score is gone :(

True I Skill
06-06-2009, 02:19 AM
So if i was to play offline then turn my xbox off without logging back into xboxlive to get the acheivments my saves messed up? :S Or have i skipped reading too many posts in this thread?

Dragon's Heart
06-06-2009, 02:20 AM

This is why I keep my gamertag on a memory card to use on other consoles rather than recovering gamertag...

Wii187
06-06-2009, 02:31 AM
So if i was to play offline then turn my xbox off without logging back into xboxlive to get the acheivments my saves messed up? :S Or have i skipped reading too many posts in this thread?
As long as you log back onto Live to update your stats on the "Master Live Gamertag Database (MLGD)". I just made that up. Don't know what it's called.

This is why I keep my gamertag on a memory card to use on other consoles rather than recovering gamertag...
^This. Transferring tags from the MLGD is spooky.

username1199
06-06-2009, 02:34 AM
Ok, just to make sure for the future:

If i download my gamertag to another hard drive and get achievements,
and if your playing offline, I should log onto live to let the acheivements
update, THEN recover my gamertag to my system.

Right?

Dragon's Heart
06-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Ok, just to make sure for the future:

If i download my gamertag to another hard drive and get achievements,
and if your playing offline, I should log onto live to let the acheivements
update, THEN recover my gamertag to my system.

Right?

Yep. But I'd still recommend the memory card...Less hastle especially since you may come across somebody's console that has no live connection and then all your work would've been for nothing...

username1199
06-06-2009, 02:41 AM
Thanks for the help again, but i just realized something:

I understand why I lost my gamerscore acheivemnts for the game,

but what about my save file? When i got to mission select, i have to start over.

How come i cant pick the levels I already beat?

And how come I can pick only the first and last mission? (the zombie one)??

Jethrow
06-06-2009, 02:42 AM
are you able to get achievements now? you never played online, even with a silver membership with your gamertag?

username1199
06-06-2009, 02:47 AM
are you able to get achievements now? you never played online, even with a silver membership with your gamertag?

I am going to start over for acheivements tonite, and I have a gold account, I just didnt have my adapter to play wirelessly untill today.

Still dont understand why my save (sort of) got erased, sort of.

Dragon's Heart
06-06-2009, 02:58 AM
I am going to start over for acheivements tonite, and I have a gold account, I just didnt have my adapter to play wirelessly untill today.

Still dont understand why my save (sort of) got erased, sort of.

It coulda just been a coincidence and the game save happened to corrupt at the same time as the gamerscore problems...I've had this happen with guitar hero II...My save shows that the songs in career are only partially unlocked, when they all should be unlocked, and everything that I bought is missing now...I have the ach for beating the career on medium, but I go to load the game and it only shows the 1st 2 venues available which means I have to go through the entire career again to get the 5 stars on medium ach...Sucks, I was pissed, I even checked all 4 of our hard drives and the memory card just to make sure I didn't have another copy of the game, sadly, I didn't find one...:(

StephenG70
06-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Wow, that sucks

ThitherBoot
06-07-2009, 11:28 PM
wow you completely screwed yourself over by not noticing the warning carefully. that should show any notices or warning in the future must be examined carefully before advancing further. unlucky though.

GrindPantera95
06-08-2009, 03:06 AM
When you transfer your gamertag, any achievements you got while offline have a chance to erased

Cheezbrgr
06-08-2009, 03:17 AM
You have to sign into xbox live to update your achievements. Say, for exmaple, Im at a friends house, get 1000gamerscore on avatar (and he doesnt have xbox live), and then recover my gamertag back at my house, i wont have it unless i make him sign into live with my profile!

Or, do as I do, use a memory unit

Nightbeam
06-08-2009, 04:41 AM
Your story doesn't go along with the answers above though.

You said you got achievements for Terminator: Salvation and beat it, correct? But you were offline. Therefore when you retrieved your gamertag you shouldn't of gotten those achievements, but yet you lost your Call Of Duty WAW achievements. Doesn't really make sense.

ToXiCRalN
06-08-2009, 04:52 AM
WOW that pretty sucks. You still have your rank?

SynysterMonkey
06-08-2009, 04:58 AM
You need to connect to Live before you recover your tag. If you didn't, it doesn't keep track of any achievements you earned offline.

KillTheft_Echo
06-08-2009, 06:28 AM
As long as you log back onto Live to update your stats on the "Master Live Gamertag Database (MLGD)". I just made that up. Don't know what it's called.

Bahahahahaahah. Wowwww. That seriously made me rofl. XD

TheVoidRose
06-08-2009, 06:37 AM

I do the same thing Phoenix, this happened to me for halo 3 before it came out. I got a bit pissed, but the next day I went out and bought a memory card. Never had that problem again.

Profiles on Memory Cards FTW

I almost woke everyone up from laughing so hard, chill out with the being awesome Wii187

Incubus21212
06-08-2009, 02:00 PM
I would call MS. This happend to my sons account when we were doing Timeshift on my console. We put his gt back on his console only to be greeted with a 0 score on Timeshift for him. I ended up having to delete his gt off of his xbox and then recover. His score came back.

gamerguy69
06-08-2009, 02:21 PM
Your HDD is essentially a big memory card. Next time just detach that and connect it to your friend's console. NO RECOVER GAMERTAG NECESSARY. When you sign-in on the active internet connection, any gamescore you have achieved since your console was last online will be updated to the LIVE servers.

YouTube Freak
06-08-2009, 02:45 PM
this shit happened to me too, but in Battlefield 2

Mr Burgerz
06-08-2009, 08:51 PM
Glitch in the matrix? It's always the glitch.

Hollowedout
06-29-2009, 05:29 PM
the same thing happened to me and i lost like 6000 gs... i went to my memory and seen that my games were still there but instead of having my gamertag on my save file it that it was an unknown and i tried to play one of the games that was missing and it would not let me use the save file so i went back to the dashboard and deleted the cache and loaded the game back up and it let use the save file and when it loaded up it unlocked the missing achievements it worked for 3 of the 4 games that i still had.

Blue Radium
06-29-2009, 07:52 PM
Were the achievements time stamped? I am pretty sure that the system will leave behind undated achievements in an account transfer if you don't go online with your account before you transfer it. The achievements that you gained offline will be gone.

|oneyedNewb|
06-29-2009, 09:56 PM
Ile tell ya why smity! You probably played the game offline and recovered your account without updating your card first without doing that and you already having recovered your tag, you'll never get those achievements back unless you go and unlock them again.