PDA

View Full Version : Help please, my screen is weird (pics of problem included)

Retained
06-06-2009, 03:45 AM
I don't know whats wrong with my xbox as I have never had a problem with it before, but the picture isn't working anymore. I am getting weird boxes popping up on my TV, which are messing with my vision.

Here are the pics;
http://i41.tinypic.com/2s7vy2p.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2irw8wk.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/2mwctgk.jpg

Retained
06-06-2009, 03:48 AM
whoa, nevermind...

It just resolved itself... Not doing it anymore..... Which is rather odd.

but once again it happened again.

Snowman
06-06-2009, 03:49 AM
check the red,yellow,white cables (i forgot which ones the vision one) and see if one is bent or broken

Retained
06-06-2009, 03:52 AM
check the red,yellow,white cables (i forgot which ones the vision one) and see if one is bent or broken

They're all fine. It only seems to be doing this on my HD channels and settings.

I don't want to play normal quality :/

Retained
06-06-2009, 03:55 AM
And now I just got the E74 system error.

Oh great.

Freakin xbox.

This just popped up out of nowhere.

EnterTheFray
06-06-2009, 03:55 AM
mine did the same last night .. ended up getting E74 error :( lets just hope yours doesnt happen.

Retained
06-06-2009, 03:56 AM
mine did the same last night .. ended up getting E74 error :( lets just hope yours doesnt happen.

It just so happened to do that.

Tenacious
06-06-2009, 04:03 AM
Yeah I was about to say it's gonna break really soon, but it already did.

My first xbox died of E74 so just send it in..

Retained
06-06-2009, 04:07 AM
Making a repair request right now. What aggravates me, is that is happened so fast. I played it an hour ago and it was fine. I just played a setlist of Rock Band, earned 2280 dollars, and went to buy something. Didn't have enough for what I wanted, so I clicked back.

Right when I clicked back, this problem occurred.

Just a quick question,

Do I pack EVERYTHING the xbox came with? Or just the system itself?

(please tell me everything I need to send in)

Th33Troop33r
06-06-2009, 04:10 AM
that happened to mine to the screen got fucked up then i turned my xbox off and restarted it and bam E74 error lol

Oh yeah you have to send it in bud sorry

Th33Troop33r
06-06-2009, 04:11 AM
Making a repair request right now. What aggravates me, is that is happened so fast. I played it an hour ago and it was fine. I just played a setlist of Rock Band, earned 2280 dollars, and went to buy something. Didn't have enough for what I wanted, so I clicked back.

Right when I clicked back, this problem occurred.

Just a quick question,

Do I pack EVERYTHING the xbox came with? Or just the system itself?

(please tell me everything I need to send in)
Sorry for double post

But i think you just pack the system, and the cords (thats what i did) lol

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-06-2009, 04:13 AM
you have red rings coming on, call microsoft and get them to send you the box to send to them, play till you get red rings for sure and send it off then you don't have to wait for box to come so you can send it to them.

Retained
06-06-2009, 04:13 AM
I keep my hard drive right?

Cause, I'll still be able to play on some weekends at my cousins house if I keep that.

Glowin Smurff
06-06-2009, 04:15 AM
just the system. keep your cords.

Retained
06-06-2009, 04:16 AM
Do I really need to call for a box?

Can't I just send it in with the box it came in? Cause I still have it

http://i41.tinypic.com/30u7bqf.jpg

Retained
06-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Whoa, it just started working again.

And died again right as I said that.

Glowin Smurff
06-06-2009, 04:49 AM
not recommended using the sales box, as it'd more then likely get stolen in transit, or delivery, just run out and pick up a cheap box or something...u could wrap that box in like a paper bag maybe, but you won't get the box back.

just call for one of their boxes, they're pretty decent.

you system will repeat this process of working not working until it fries out completely, it probably won't be enough to get a decent session of gaming out of though.

they'll send you a label w/ the box. (or just email u the label to print out)

all you need to send is the system (if i remember right, but it should tell you on the repair request form, and if u call for a box, it's on a paper in the box...it tells you what needs to be sent in, where to put the 'seal tape') it's been a while since i sent one back, just call 18004myxbox

ApochWeiss
06-06-2009, 05:12 AM
Damn E74 error. At least your error comes with a warranty, mine is disc drive oriented and has been since they repaired it for the red rings. It doesn't qualify for repairs. My replacement red ringed and I'm so pissed at them. They may have actually LOST my 360, they called asking if I mailed it, which I did a while back. Thank god for back up consoles and being an adult/having an income...

PMILL69
06-06-2009, 05:17 AM
why does xbox have stupid problems like that

Pure Efficiency
06-06-2009, 05:20 AM
Do I really need to call for a box?

Can't I just send it in with the box it came in? Cause I still have it

MS recommends a box without any logos or writing in general. I've sent a few xboxes to them and they highly recommend you do not use the original box.

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-06-2009, 05:25 AM
use the box they send you, its pretty easy comes with mail adress

cobratodd
06-06-2009, 05:45 AM
setting its to high for hdtv setting it was happening to me then changed it lower then it stopped happening

An Amish Woman
06-06-2009, 06:25 AM
I had this very same problem about 4 months ago. It would do it every so often then it would stop, it will get worse. I just resently bought a brand new tv, so I knew it wasnt that. So i check the AV Cables and they were fine, then i check the AV Port in the back of the box and it was loose and shoved back into it. So all u need to do is send it in to Microsoft and theyll replace it.

FourChan
06-06-2009, 06:47 AM
Sounds like the Video or Graphics went to heck. Least you get it fixed for free.

Retained
06-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Alright, made the repair request and sending it in Monday.

Jethrow
06-06-2009, 08:49 PM
i read as far as you getting the e74 error, videos gone, send r in. god these machines are garbage huh, every other thread lately is someone's machine going down.

jamieCR7
06-06-2009, 08:58 PM
And now I just got the E74 system error.

Oh great.

Freakin xbox.

This just popped up out of nowhere.
Same thing happened to me a while ago, it was if all the colour was just drained from the screen.

RickyMcG
06-06-2009, 09:15 PM
The OP certainly has my sympathy. My console was hit with "three little lights" early yesterday evening. It completely came out of the blue, I had been playing for a few hours with no problem at all. All of a sudden, I froze up with blue squares taking up my television screen. Considering I have had the RROD previously, I knew once I turned my console off it would not be able to function...How right I was too. Packed her up and she is awaiting pickup on Monday. Funny thing about it is that the 360 that has recently packed in on me was a newly refurbished console, after my first one had broke twice they decided to replace her. 2 RROD's and disc tray problem in a year and 6 months of owning a 360. Great job the repair service is speedy.

ghosty2478
06-06-2009, 11:01 PM
its most likely a problem with the telivision rather than the xbox, if its an old tv 5+ get a new one and if it new and still under guarentee take it back to where you got it

dakisbac
06-07-2009, 12:34 AM
I was thinking the same thing- it's a TV issue- yet you've now got E74. That's not a coincidence. Tough luck

Retained
06-07-2009, 03:19 AM
its most likely a problem with the telivision rather than the xbox, if its an old tv 5+ get a new one and if it new and still under guarentee take it back to where you got it

Nothing wrong with the TV. I got basically the same thing as the RROD just with 1 light, instead of 3.

dakrkplayer2
06-07-2009, 03:46 AM
Ok if you know someone eles has a XBOX 360. Put you hard drive on there ststem. And if the drive works. Then it must be your system. Or even you cable that connected to the TV. try some thoses things. And if replaceing cable that connected to TV does not work. Call Bill gates up. And send it in when you get the coffin.

Glowin Smurff
06-07-2009, 04:49 AM
it's not the TV, it's the videocard in the xbox.

master_shake_350
06-07-2009, 04:59 AM
why does xbox have stupid problems like that

So they can make money! Think about it, if a 360 lasted for ever and never encounter problems, MS would make as much money.

KACG Penguin
06-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Thank god I bought the resident evil system. With their new mother board supposedly there is no more RRoD. Hopefully its true because then I will never get it :)

Retained
06-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Thank god I bought the resident evil system. With their new mother board supposedly there is no more RRoD. Hopefully its true because then I will never get it :)

Same. I have one of the newer systems with a good motherboard with no RRoD. Mine was just with my video card.

Exhausted Dad
06-07-2009, 03:14 PM
Is the graveyard thread gone?

Mr Burgerz
06-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Stop buying x-boxes from the back of trucks! :D

But in all seriousness you're screwed.