PDA

View Full Version : Lack of games

phatspade
12-29-2006, 02:50 PM
I'm starting to feel there's not that many games that i'm hooked on. I know the 360 is fairly new, but i remember the days when systems launched there were plenty of great games to go with it. I'm a big fan of turn based RPG's and FPS's but I'm not happy with the fact that i'm finding myself running back to playing halo 2 after beating a game. I gave FFXI 4 months of my time and it was fun but took too much of my life away. BF2 was the only game that i was hooked on for months on end, but once i went back to that it just wasn't the same. I'm hoping there will be far more RPG's coming out for the 360 then there was for the xbox, but what is there to fill the void i'm feeling? Does anyone else feel this way since the launch of the 360?

IMportdreams95
12-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I with you, i would beat a game then go back to Splinter Cell : Chaos Theory. for the last 3 weeks i've been playing some PC games i got hooked on. So with playing the 360 and switching to the PC it gives me a variety of games to play.

RadicalSniper99
12-29-2006, 03:08 PM
I've had the same problem every so often. But for me it was going back to simpler games. For instance, rather than playing the full games, I continually go and play an Arcade game that I will probably never beat. There are few that I was hooked on for weeks, but nothing recently:

Chromehounds
Oblivion

I played them for hours everyday at any point during the day. I wouldn't care what else was out or what I just bought, I played them all the time.

Crash
12-29-2006, 03:36 PM
It's all a matter of preference of games I guess. I could see how some people would be bored with the games out there, but I am the opposite. I find it hard to decide what I want to play sometimes because there are plenty of games I enjoy and some are newer releases.

KMB 316
12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
theres too many gmaes for me too play! i still have to beat ping pong, cod2(all achievements), and GoW!

i dont have much time for gaming no more :(

PerpetualHeaven
12-29-2006, 04:21 PM
I kind of feel that way about RPGs. Oblivion is amazing, but I love JRPGs and Enchanted Arms and Phantasy Star Universe doesn't cut it for me.
But next year they're coming out with a whole bunch of games. Right now i'm just an achievement getter so I really don't mind most of the games out there. So far RB6, Lost Planet, Dead Rising, PGR3, Forza 2, Splinter Cell: DA, Call of Duty 3 are on my list to buy soon or right now.
So I can't personally agree with you but Microsoft has been known for shooters and a lot less about RPGs. But you aren't alone, i've seen a lot of people who own a 360 feel a little empty.

Skillet
12-29-2006, 07:18 PM
I think the biggest problem is that games are getting more expensive to make...and since they won't charge 100 bucks to buy a single game like Prey, they make them shorter.

Since they are shorter, they don't grab your attention like they used to.

TheMollywhopper
12-29-2006, 07:53 PM
I was off the grid for about 2 months, and while I was gone I missed quite a few games. Naturally, when I got back I went and bought them all: Gears of War, Rainbow Six Vegas, Splinter Cell D.A., Viva Pinata, F.E.A.R., Marvel: UA,and Phantasy Star Universe. The last 3 on the list I haven't even opened yet due the the fact that the other 4 kick so much ass I can't stop playing them (and the plethora of arcade games I've bought). Lost Planet will be the next decent game coming out and will be the the last until probably March. IMO, there's a lot to keep us busy in the meantime!

SLYTHE U UP
12-29-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm with most of you i lovecall of duty games but the online, i just can't get on it and, that makes my gaming hype go down, I play Tony Hawks project 8, beat a few challenges, and thats, it, I haven't tried oblivion yet but I might just get that to keep me busy.

Webb
12-29-2006, 08:17 PM
I think the biggest problem is that games are getting more expensive to make...and since they won't charge 100 bucks to buy a single game like Prey, they make them shorter.

Since they are shorter, they don't grab your attention like they used to.

You wait for Mass Effect man, then you might not be saying that :p

I personally think we are just on a slow period, as always at this time of year. Also people must remember that we have only just in to the second year of this generation and people are only just coming to grips with development software.

It's actually not getting that more expensive either as most engines like Unreal are streamlined and improved every year. The foundations are there to start with so the real hardwork is done.

Tron
12-29-2006, 08:25 PM
funny thing about this thread was that all day i was trying to figure out what game i was going to play when i get home... theres viva pinata, tony hawk and of course Rainbow six...right now i have three great games and have no idea how im going to split the time...
i think all three of these games are phenominal and anyone that hasnt played them should check them out...

ImmortalLeoman
12-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Gears of War and Rainbow Six should hopefull hold us over for a while

magictroll
12-30-2006, 11:22 PM
I'm extremely happy with my 360 games. I just wish I had more time to play them. I want every achievement in Dead Rising and am not even half way there! That's gonna take forever. The game itself is alot of fun I find! And there are at least a douzain more games I feel strongly about (both current and future)

Im a Manatee
12-31-2006, 12:35 AM
TC, your standards might be too high. Looking at your gamercard, you seem to like action games. There are tons of great actioners out there right now. You've completed THAW... go get project 8. This time of year has been dominated by sequels.

Fonkey Monkey
12-31-2006, 01:14 AM
Im the exact opposite. I have waay to many options right now... I'm not very far on F.E.A.R, or R6, or Just Cause, or godfather, saints row, cod3. i could keep going on...

phatspade
12-31-2006, 02:43 PM
TC, your standards might be too high. Looking at your gamercard, you seem to like action games. There are tons of great actioners out there right now. You've completed THAW... go get project 8. This time of year has been dominated by sequels.

what you say is true. I wouldn't mind project 8, but with all tony hawk games i'm not a fan of the multiplayer. only time i used it was to make a montage or to help others with the gap list. I just don't know what it is about the halo series that got me hooked. Like i stated in my post FFXI was my first MMO game and i liked it, but takes too much of my life away. BF2 really was the only game that pulled me off halo and yet no other game has had that feel to me. CoD is an awsome series but its playback value to me is very low.