Who thinks this game is sweet?

Shiftykris

I absolutely love this game! It has got everything I like..open world, offroad vehicles, day/night cycle, a bit of customization, long career, different types of races, not that difficult, lots of little things to discover, I can go on and on! This game is one of the best racers ever and I don't understand how it could be getting such bad ratings! It makes no sense at all. Every game has issues of course but this one doesnt have nearly enough to deserve a "5" average rating! I give this game a solid 8/10. If they give it an nice update to fix the few issues I will totally give this a 9/10!!!

BTW: The graphics are fantastic, especially for such a large game! It uses the same graphics engine as "DIRT", which is not the same as "GRID". The "EGO" engine which was used for "GRID" will also be used for "DIRT 2"

:woop:

BTW: The graphics are fantastic, especially for such a large game! It uses the same graphics engine as "DIRT", which is not the same as "GRID". The "EGO" engine which was used for "GRID" will also be used for "DIRT 2"

:woop:

if i'm not mistaken the EGO engine is used in DiRT and GRID but not fuel

Asobo studios made a whole new engine from the ground up to incorperate this masive game.

trust me there's a huge difference between th fuel engine and the EGO engine. and EGO is far far superior

Asobo studios made a whole new engine from the ground up to incorperate this masive game.

trust me there's a huge difference between th fuel engine and the EGO engine. and EGO is far far superior

I agree. There's a lot more object popping in Fuel. Just driving at 90mph makes plants and trees pop up from nowhere in front of you.

Actually you may be right about Asobo studios making a whole new engine for the game, but DIRT does not use the "EGO" engine. The "EGO" engine will be used for DIRT 2 and therefore the graphics for DIRT 2 will be on par with "GRID"! "DIRT" uses the "NEON" engine!

Edited by InWaiting

Actually you may be right about Asobo studios making a whole new engine for the game, but DIRT does not use the "EGO" engine. The "EGO" engine will be used for DIRT 2 and therefore the graphics for DIRT 2 will be on par with "GRID"!

Personally I think "GRID" is almost a perfect racing game in everyway way. The only thing is that I find it a very difficult game and I am unable to play it for that reason. But the graphics are absolutely the best!!!:)

Is GRID good? I've heard a lot of things about it but I've never actually seen the game.

Grid is awesome mate. and i saw it in my local blockbusters pre-owned for £7.99 you should definitely pick a copy up.

but back on subject fuel is great some of the races are abit annoying when there in the same car but get like 200-odd meters in front of you lol. but yeah its great.

I love this game also, I hear alot of people talkin about the graphics and how they aren't perfect, but to be honest you could have a game with the best ever graphics and absolute shit gameplay and a game like this with good graphics(but not perfect) and amazing gameplay and fun to play and which 1 would you want? I know which game id go for. Graphics dont make a game, the gameplay does.

Oh and GRID is awesome, quite easy 1000 aswell.

I didnt like this game much when i first played it. The more time I spend with it the more I like it. It is way more fun with a friend as well.

me too, it was a bit annoying at first, but once you get used to the handling and style, its great fun. i love this game to bits now, and the more i play it just gets better :)

me too, it was a bit annoying at first, but once you get used to the handling and style, its great fun. i love this game to bits now, and the more i play it just gets better :)

Thats exactly what i thought.

Also its great value. It will take weeks to finish off everything.

So far, after playing for about 2hrs, this game is just a "meh" for me. Not regretting buying it yet, but I have a feeling, with the TERRIBLE rubber banding issues of the AI, I may not finish many races, and just free roam forever. The controls land somewhere between GRiD and DiRT for me. Not quite the arcade controls of DiRT (which I love), and not quite as "simmy" as GRiD (which I just think is okay... not a sim guy). I don't know, it's hit and miss really. Look forward to exploring, but as for races... I'll do as many as I need to I think.

I have to be honest and say that the game is actually better than I expected!!! The best way to describe this game to anyone who does not yet have it is Mad Max v's Test Drive Unlimited.

If you don't like Test Drive you won't like this!!!

Yes there are some minor issues (loading times!!) with the game, but blasting across the landscape in a variety of vehicles takes some beating!! I have already some really memorable gaming moments.

Having read the various on-line reviews I was sceptical (and a little concerned) about by pre-order, but it is well worth the £30. Its probably not everyones cup of tea, but as someone who plays a lot of racing games (look at my profile!!!) it gets a big thumbs up from me!!!

Rooster

OMG! This game totally sucks! AVATAR IS BETTER! HANNAH MONTANA IS BETTER!! Worst game ever! Bad job Codemasters, Bad job :(
Ok Felix First you post a thread how bad this game is then you post a reply in here dude go bash this game somewere else The topic starter said hmm i think NO HATERS go troll some where else how about you go play your hannah montana fuckstick:mad:

OMG! This game totally sucks! AVATAR IS BETTER! HANNAH MONTANA IS BETTER!! Worst game ever! Bad job Codemasters, Bad job :(

Why the hell do you feel like you need to spread you ignorant opinions all over the place? No one cares. Everyone in the FUEL forum actually enjoys the game, that's why we come here in the first place. Stop using your lack of skills to try to wreck the experience for the rest of us.