PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
06-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

Cameron Speirs
08-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Creative pictures but Descriptions only half match most of the titles Ie Thrashers trophy is dumb, why not have score 50 goals with kovalchuk

Geddlo
08-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Yeah. The Rangers one is kinda dumb. The Canucks is neat. These all look pretty easy, just time consuming.
I'll probably get all these except the online one as usual, heh.

HighlightReel
08-13-2009, 02:42 AM
They all look easy but time consuming..

njdevils17
09-08-2009, 03:42 PM
The Edmonton and LA trophies are going to take a while.

But overall, it looks like a good list and maybe I'll actually be able to get 1000 on this for the first time since 2K6.

v SnOwMaN v
09-15-2009, 08:15 AM
Im guessing the rank can't be boosted.

INSANExITALIAN
09-15-2009, 10:30 PM
For the Red Wings trophies I am just gonna choose the best team, edit all the players, and sim to the stanley cup finals.

vithzeral
09-16-2009, 08:33 PM
Confirmed that all the ones specific to Season/Franchise mode can be 100% simmed. This includes 17 wins in a row even though the wording sort of implies that you have to play the games.

Confirmed that the two playoff mode achievements can be 100% simmed ( only 4 teams needed for NHL playoff; remember to switch to International teams for the Intl. tournament and replace all the good teams by Kazhakstan and the like :p).

Simming does not count for the win in front of a sell out, so I went back to my franchise and played the last home game of Stanley Cup figuring that was bound to be a sellout.

Kaabik
09-18-2009, 05:15 AM
does anyone know how to upload a franchise?

XxChiCubs32xX
09-18-2009, 01:00 PM
does anyone know how to upload a franchise?
After you play or sim a game press "a" button on that calendar day and there should be something that says "blog" or "2ksports blog". Click that and after it uploads, about 10 seconds, achievement unlocked

Pedle Zelnip
09-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Confirmed that the two playoff mode achievements can be 100% simmed ( only 4 teams needed for NHL playoff; remember to switch to International teams for the Intl. tournament and replace all the good teams by Kazhakstan and the like :p).

Actually you don't even have to do that, you can make all 4 teams in the playoff human controlled, then sim all games and still get the achievement. :)

v SnOwMaN v
09-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Can the rank be boosted on this game or no.

ceramicus
09-21-2009, 09:21 PM
where the heck is wrigley field? this is an achievement.

ceramicus
09-21-2009, 09:23 PM
if interested in boosting the online achievements for nhl 2k10, please send me a message.

KILLAU87
09-21-2009, 11:07 PM
where the heck is wrigley field? this is an achievement.

when your picking teams to play a game press Y, when the options come up just go down to arena and select wrigley field, as soon as you finish the game the achievement unlocks

Pedle Zelnip
09-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Can the rank be boosted on this game or no.

From what I can tell, no. If you pick "ranked" in the game setup, then it picks an opponent for you.

You can quit without penalty before the puck drop, so presumably you could repeat this matchmaking procedure hoping to get matched up with your boosting buddy, but I haven't been able to test this.

TrishTheDish
09-22-2009, 11:45 AM
It's been a week. Has ANY internet genius figured out a way to speed up the pure hell of playing 50 games?

I've tried shootout mode hoping for a reprieve of 2K7 where it counted as a game, but alas, t'was not to be. I of course do one minute quarters, but with load times and whatnot that's still five minutes a game.

Five minutes times 500 games is 2,500 minutes, and I am sure not enamored at grinding another four hundred games of this pure hell.

Gnasher13
09-23-2009, 03:56 AM
Is there any online achievements? I'm not seeing any that look like they are online.

TrishTheDish
09-23-2009, 09:44 AM
Is there any online achievements? I'm not seeing any that look like they are online.

Check the list again, there are two.

FiLtHy FoWl
09-23-2009, 08:18 PM
How can you check your user profile?

norcalsniper
09-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Does anyone know if the Achievement where you have to sweep the Stanley Cup has to be done with the Islanders? I did it with the Sharks twice and no Achievement!

jlavaia
09-24-2009, 04:22 AM
Does anyone know if the Achievement where you have to sweep the Stanley Cup has to be done with the Islanders? I did it with the Sharks twice and no Achievement!

if you did it in franchise mode, it should unlock once you continue into the next season. it doesnt unlock right after the game, its as you go into the next game like the Penguins achievement.

ProjectSix
09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
I remember last year for all the goals/points achievements I would use 2 controllers and pull the goalie on the 2nd controller. There was a way of doing it quickly with the controller like Dpad then RB or something like that, I don't remember exactly. I can't find any way of doing that this year though, just going into the menu and doing it which is a pain. Anyone know how to do it while in game?

TrishTheDish
09-24-2009, 08:44 PM
I remember last year for all the goals/points achievements I would use 2 controllers and pull the goalie on the 2nd controller. There was a way of doing it quickly with the controller like Dpad then RB or something like that, I don't remember exactly. I can't find any way of doing that this year though, just going into the menu and doing it which is a pain. Anyone know how to do it while in game?

1. Start an exhibition game

2. Put as many controllers as you can on the other side (three is best, less AI players to get in your face while you're trying to score)

3. When the game starts, on one of the dummy controllers go into Options / Controller / Controller Setup. Put Goalie control to Manual, then for position changed it to Goalie Fixed. This means this controller will ALWAYS be the goalie

4. Now put a rubber band around the left analog stick of this controller so that the stick tilts to the right or left side.

5. Now unpause the game and begin playing. The rubber banded stick will always move the goalie away from the goal so you don't have to keep on pausing and pulling the goalie

6. Now score 894 goals and 2000 points and have fun dying of boredom

ProjectSix
09-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Thanks Trish. :)

Anyone have any tips for doing Flames Trophy or Predators Trophy? The ones that involve doing dekes past the defenseman or goalie to score. I've been messing with pro controls using LB for Ovie Deke but haven't had any luck.

norcalsniper
09-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks Trish. :)

Anyone have any tips for doing Flames Trophy or Predators Trophy? The ones that involve doing dekes past the defenseman or goalie to score. I've been messing with pro controls using LB for Ovie Deke but haven't had any luck.

I actually got those pretty fast, just keep trying. I changed the sliders and made the skaters faster and then pressed LB and pressed X at the same time and I got both within 10 minutes of each other...

norcalsniper
09-24-2009, 11:10 PM
if you did it in franchise mode, it should unlock once you continue into the next season. it doesnt unlock right after the game, its as you go into the next game like the Penguins achievement.

So I need to play the next game from the next season? That is just stupid!

ProjectSix
09-25-2009, 10:56 PM
I actually got those pretty fast, just keep trying. I changed the sliders and made the skaters faster and then pressed LB and pressed X at the same time and I got both within 10 minutes of each other...

I got the Predators one for goalie deke a while back but I can't seem to get the Flames one for dekeing a defenseman. I have been using standard controls and holding LB then trying all the buttons. Playing with two controllers, one on each team. Several times I've undressed a defenseman doing it then scored and still no achievement. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Disavowed Knowledge
09-26-2009, 12:42 AM
I got the Predators one for goalie deke a while back but I can't seem to get the Flames one for dekeing a defenseman. I have been using standard controls and holding LB then trying all the buttons. Playing with two controllers, one on each team. Several times I've undressed a defenseman doing it then scored and still no achievement. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I think they're just buggy. I've got the defense one, but not the goalie one. Best I can say is to keep trying it...eventually it'll unlock. 2K hockey titles are known for glitchy achievements, so just be patient.

ProjectSix
09-26-2009, 03:06 AM
I think they're just buggy. I've got the defense one, but not the goalie one. Best I can say is to keep trying it...eventually it'll unlock. 2K hockey titles are known for glitchy achievements, so just be patient.

Finally got it :) Used LB+Y with Malkin. Now just to score another 750 goals and play 450 more games..

KILLAU87
09-26-2009, 08:26 PM
for the goalie deke you can use 2 controllers and pull the goalie on the other team, just do a deke on the empty net and score, it should pop up right away

Fajterzysko
09-27-2009, 08:45 AM
for the goalie deke you can use 2 controllers and pull the goalie on the other team, just do a deke on the empty net and score, it should pop up right away
What is "deke"? I mean, how u make it?

KILLAU87
09-27-2009, 01:59 PM
What is "deke"? I mean, how u make it?

i used the classic controls and for that its LB, you will spin around and as soon as you do shoot it and it should unlock

AshhBashh
09-27-2009, 05:10 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Coyotes Trophy?
'Average an A teamate grade'

I just dont understand that at all, Thanks (:

TrishTheDish
09-27-2009, 11:29 PM
Does anyone know how to get the Coyotes Trophy?
'Average an A teamate grade'

I just dont understand that at all, Thanks (:
When playing online in team games, you just have to make enough good plays to get rated an A grade.

The problem is you need at least four people to start a Team Game online. I'm desparately trying to get four together to get this stupid achievement, let me know if you're interested or have any friends that can help us fill up the four slots.

Disavowed Knowledge
09-29-2009, 08:51 AM
When playing online in team games, you just have to make enough good plays to get rated an A grade.

The problem is you need at least four people to start a Team Game online. I'm desparately trying to get four together to get this stupid achievement, let me know if you're interested or have any friends that can help us fill up the four slots.

Shoot me a message and I'll join up. My skill is decidedly weak, but I'm not completely useless. ;)

FiLtHy FoWl
09-29-2009, 10:37 AM

I joined your team and is always ready to play. The best time is around 6PM Eastern Time. GT: CitySlickaJoben

j69plus1
10-05-2009, 01:54 AM
i JUST GOT THE GAME i DONT KNOW WHAT CHEEVO UR TALKN BOUT BUT MESSAGE ME AND ILL JOIN

J_Bumb55
10-07-2009, 03:53 AM
I'm down with the on line play. Shoot me a message.

GLOCKGLOCK
10-07-2009, 05:36 PM
I'd like to do the online Team play achievements too. If anyone has a club setup let me know and I'll join it. Also how do you do the ranked achievement? You have to win 10 games or ?

Dead Space Girl
10-08-2009, 02:37 PM

That's not correct, you only need TWO people to start a Team Game.

All you have to do is get a friend, invite them into the Quick Play lobby. As long as there's just the two of you (which it very likely will be, this game is a ghost town online) the match will start immediately and you can both go for the achievement. It doesn't matter who wins or loses, as long as you both finish the match with an A grade (pass the puck a TON, you'll be at A by the second period).

Vandel Buster
10-17-2009, 08:12 PM
For the dekes, as someone said, switch to Classic and mash the LB and the X Button. The defensive deke has to be done while in front of a defenseman. The goalie one needs to be done while you are on a break away and near the goalie.

The 10 ranked wins cannot be boosted. You must play and complete the games. You should be able to enter and then have the opponent quit out 9 times during gameplay or you quit for the win after a timer expires or something, but that last game will need to be played and completed as a win for the achievement to unlock.

For the games played and wins achievements...1 minute games with edited Difficulty and NHL Rules sliders. Edit your team as well so their stats are at 99. Only 'easy' way to do it. It will take a few days for you to complete.

Oh yeah, you should get most every other achievement while going for the 100 and 500 games played achievements. The penalty minutes, 2000 points, 50 and 200 wins, 1000 shots, 200 and 500 hits...most of them. It's a bit more beneficial and less boring to just play the 1 min games scoring a few goals with assists to slowly build them all while going for the wins and games played. Then your mind isn't turned to slush while staring at the screen. Suggestion really I suppose.

Dead Space Girl
10-17-2009, 09:51 PM
The 10 ranked wins cannot be boosted. You must play and complete the games. You should be able to enter and then have the opponent quit out 9 times during gameplay or you quit for the win after a timer expires or something, but that last game will need to be played and completed as a win for the achievement to unlock.
Yeah, that's what my friend and I did. Fortunately this game is super dead online, so early in the morning we just kept searching for each other in Ranked Quick Match and found each other fairly easy.

We alternated quitting out til each had nine wins, then each played the 10th game to get the achievements.

bs000
10-29-2009, 06:56 AM
Achievements don't unlock in pond game. I figured I'd go for a few of the other achievements while doing the pond game, but despite getting like 100+ shots on goal, and no penalties, I only got the achievement for winning a pond game.

sneauxboy
12-22-2009, 08:54 PM
How/ where do you unlock the zamboni achievement? The only zamboni I was able to ride was in a 2P challenge between periods but you win the challenge at 45%. How do you get 95%?

KILLAU87
12-24-2009, 04:09 PM
How/ where do you unlock the zamboni achievement? The only zamboni I was able to ride was in a 2P challenge between periods but you win the challenge at 45%. How do you get 95%?

you cant get the zamboni achievement with 2 controllers, you need to be playing against the computer, once the period is over then you can do it. Its pretty easy to get 95%, unlike 2k9 where you have to get 100%

dizzymagic
12-29-2009, 10:56 AM
zamboni isnt so bad. Keep trying, you'll get it.

xMidget_Furyx
01-04-2010, 04:51 PM
you can also play the zamboni mini-game through the same menu that has the mini-hockey and pond hockey.
took me 3 tries for the 95% i finished with 96.7% what i did was went straight turning before the back red line (where the no goalie zone is) and tried to do as much of the middle i'll try to post a picture. i know this looks like a jumbled mess but start with the black line i changed colors for each pass around the rink
http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x144/someguy6000/rink2.gif

fattytaft
04-18-2010, 08:33 PM
I still can't get Islanders trophy to unlock. I've swept the finals at least 10 times. I've gone on to the next season like was suggested earlier in the topic and it still didn't work.

I've tried it by manually playing all four games and by simming all four. I've tried it with autosave on and off, and I've also tried it by manually saving in between each game, but none of those methods have worked.

LordAutopsy
06-30-2010, 07:09 PM

I was able to do it while doing a spinning deke with a defenceman who just happened to be in between myself and the goalie and the achv unlocked.

EatMyChundy
05-26-2013, 03:28 AM
Are these achievements physically impossible to get now?

Panthers Trophy- 10G
Get your 10th leaderboard win in a ranked match

2k Blogger- 10G
Upload your franchise to 2KSports.com

NHL 2K10 Complete- 100G
Unlock all achievements?

If someone happens to stumble upon this thread just let me know. Am I missing others that are unobtainable? If I can't get these achievements then there's no way I will go for the 500 games achievement.