PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Pages : 1 [2]

RamHawk
11-22-2010, 09:55 PM
On the 6th mission, "Long Night of Solace", I absolutely get raped when I drop down into the Corvette. No matter what method I try. I pick up the Plasma gun from the Elite that pops up at the start. It seems pointless. Even if I do get into the ship and start shooting with the plasma gun, then quickly switch to the DMR, I generally die. There are just too many (3 or 4) on me at one time. They hunt me down quick and shoot constantly.

I've tried, drop in and kill then jump back out. Either I don't get my 4~6 headshots in to kill them b/c they move/hide, or they lower my shields and health so low that the next attempt is pointless and I die too quick. I'll even be aimed and zoomed before I jump down.

I've tried jumping to the hiding spot, then jump down to the upper platform. I'll survive but then get gang raped by 4~5 Elites. I've even switched to the Drop Shield to help with my health situation. It lets me live a little longer... but not much.

Stupid thing is, I got past this a while back. I got all the way into the control room and was making my way back when I got a checkpoint immediately before an Elite stuck me. I reloaded that checkpoint and tried 50+ ways of getting out of that situation. I just about cried when I had to restart from the start of that mission rally point. Got frustrated hours later and just ran though the mission on easy so I could continue through the rest of the campaign.

Now I only have 1 mission left before the end but I want to get the 6th mission finished first. Any suggestions?

I've watched some videos on youtube but I don't think they are on Legendary.... or I must suck really, really bad.

johnteshfan
11-27-2010, 02:12 AM
The new map achievements are horrible.

kaoss
11-29-2010, 09:56 PM
On the 6th mission, "Long Night of Solace", I absolutely get raped when I drop down into the Corvette. No matter what method I try. I pick up the Plasma gun from the Elite that pops up at the start. It seems pointless. Even if I do get into the ship and start shooting with the plasma gun, then quickly switch to the DMR, I generally die. There are just too many (3 or 4) on me at one time. They hunt me down quick and shoot constantly.

I've tried, drop in and kill then jump back out. Either I don't get my 4~6 headshots in to kill them b/c they move/hide, or they lower my shields and health so low that the next attempt is pointless and I die too quick. I'll even be aimed and zoomed before I jump down.

I've tried jumping to the hiding spot, then jump down to the upper platform. I'll survive but then get gang raped by 4~5 Elites. I've even switched to the Drop Shield to help with my health situation. It lets me live a little longer... but not much.

Stupid thing is, I got past this a while back. I got all the way into the control room and was making my way back when I got a checkpoint immediately before an Elite stuck me. I reloaded that checkpoint and tried 50+ ways of getting out of that situation. I just about cried when I had to restart from the start of that mission rally point. Got frustrated hours later and just ran though the mission on easy so I could continue through the rest of the campaign.

Now I only have 1 mission left before the end but I want to get the 6th mission finished first. Any suggestions?

I've watched some videos on youtube but I don't think they are on Legendary.... or I must suck really, really bad.

That part sucks.

There is a little "walkway" of sorts that runs about half way out from the center to one part of the map. You can jump on this, and shoot the elites through a tiny sliver of space because this part is lower than the surrounding area. Once you feel like you have enough of them down, and you need a weapon, you can jump down, grab something and get back up there. There are some weapon canisters in this area.

You can see the walk way in this pic.
http://www.bungie.net/images/reachstats/maps/med/mp_zealot.jpg

ToolsOfConquest
12-01-2010, 06:46 PM
I had the same problem on Long Night of Solace. If you start the mission from the beginning, there is an Energy Sword in the launch facility. You can find it after you enter the base, but before you get on the Sabre.

What I did was get the Energy Sword from that area and a DMR, get on the Sabre and go through the space part, and then land on the zero-G part. The sword makes the first part a lot easier. Hope that helps.

XoNiNjAlEoNoX
12-02-2010, 06:45 PM
did anyone notice that from the release day of Halo Reach (14th September) to the Noble Map Pack release (30th November) 77 days went by!
Maybe the next Map pack will be release on 15th February?

MrOleg
12-05-2010, 12:19 PM
I had the same problem on Long Night of Solace. If you start the mission from the beginning, there is an Energy Sword in the launch facility. You can find it after you enter the base, but before you get on the Sabre.

What I did was get the Energy Sword from that area and a DMR, get on the Sabre and go through the space part, and then land on the zero-G part. The sword makes the first part a lot easier. Hope that helps.
thats exactly what i was going to say.
but sadly this isnt even the hardest part of the mission (for me anyways)
another hint is kill everything you can...
theres a part when you go into a larger room for one of the checkpoints if you dont kill the x number elites on the outside once you finish the checkpoint theyll be waiting on top of the extra that spawned.

did anyone notice that from the release day of Halo Reach (14th September) to the Noble Map Pack release (30th November) 77 days went by!
Maybe the next Map pack will be release on 15th February?
Maybe..

Dee Rizla
12-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Anyone give tips on how to boost double kill from grave? its giving me and my group a problem

Africa has aids
12-06-2010, 02:40 AM
i got it in multiteam trying to get rocket race on most the objective game modes its really easy elite slayer is also pretty easy (i had trouble with medals also)

ABARK KILLA
12-06-2010, 05:42 AM
To Get the Its Totally Worth It! Achievement, it's easier to boost it, but remember, the player who wants to get the achievement must be dead before the plasma explodes or sitcks, if not it doesn't count from the grave.

I did the achievement legit, what I did was I hijacked a wraith, so I stood there BUT NOT PLANT THE NADE before you get shoot, in the instant you start getting shoot, put the nade and hopefully they will kill you and then the nade explodes, there done.

Azurewraith18
12-07-2010, 05:54 AM
Just got cross mapping achievement on slayer dmr at powerhouse. Basically had to be on the vents and shoot someone on the entire other side of the map to click just a heads up, because I went like 7 different maps to find one that worked

JCDRANZER
12-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Just got cross mapping achievement on slayer dmr at powerhouse. Basically had to be on the vents and shoot someone on the entire other side of the map to click just a heads up, because I went like 7 different maps to find one that worked

I just got back from Uni and started playing Reach for a little bit yesterday and bought the Noble Map Pack as well. Only got one of the 7 new achievements, the Invasion one but thats great to hear that you can get the new achievements on the other maps and not just the noble maps.:woop:

oh its on
12-25-2010, 09:47 AM
Hey there,

I'm not sure if this has been answered before but I'll ask anyways.

Does anyone know if I restart a level, then go to the main menu and restart that level from a rally point, will I still get the achievement for finishing the level? I was kind of hoping I would as you need to complete the level up to the stage of getting a rally point in the first place...

any help appreciated :-P

DannyJaxxon
01-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this (searched and couldn't find anything) but when the picture that bungie leaked that had the new achievements on it, it said 59/59 achievements for 1250 points. Does this mean we may get 3 Vidmaster achievements? :D

Headshot Zeetie
01-04-2011, 11:09 PM
Not sure if anyone's mentioned this (searched and couldn't find anything) but when the picture that bungie leaked that had the new achievements on it, it said 59/59 achievements for 1250 points. Does this mean we may get 3 Vidmaster achievements? :D
3 presumably difficult achievements for a grand total of 0g? Dear god i hope not.

Aqua18
01-27-2011, 09:07 PM
What achievement ideas for upcoming map packs does anyone have I kinda am hoping for some rank ones even though ill hate them but I think it would be pretty cool like One for maybe Mythic, Nova, and Inheritor.. If you already are the rank then it would unlock when you bought the map pack.. maybe 75% Armory and 75% Commendations..

Achievement Ideas:
Thank me later: 25G Showstopper Medal in Multiplayer Matchmaking
No Big Deal 50G: Earn a Hero Medal in FF Matchmaking
Thats not Fair 25G: Earn an Assist Spree in Multiplayer Matchmaking
Time to go Outside 100G: Reach the Rank of Inheritor
I'm King of the Hill 50G: Earn a Hail to the King Medal in Multiplayer Matchmaking
Exterminator 25G: Earn a Hells Jerome Medal in Multiplayer Matchmaking
Game Over 50G: Earn a Skullamanjaro in Multiplayer Matchmaking

Anyone else have any idea post them!

GhostFalcon3
02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
The achievements Heat In The Pipe, can this be done with a guest instead of other online freinds, just want to make sure so i don't waste my time doing it for an hour plus.

EDIT: Nevermind I got it.

Lelupoliisi
02-09-2011, 05:04 PM
''Totally worh it'' is really a nuisance. But i got it on multiteam and king of the hill mode. King of the fill works for the best i think.

xxNIGHTWINGxxx
02-09-2011, 07:35 PM
What achievement ideas for upcoming map packs does anyone have I kinda am hoping for some rank ones even though ill hate them but I think it would be pretty cool like One for maybe Mythic, Nova, and Inheritor.. If you already are the rank then it would unlock when you bought the map pack.. maybe 75% Armory and 75% Commendations..

Achievement Ideas:
Thank me later: 25G Showstopper Medal in Multiplayer Matchmaking
No Big Deal 50G: Earn a Hero Medal in FF Matchmaking
Thats not Fair 25G: Earn an Assist Spree in Multiplayer Matchmaking
Time to go Outside 100G: Reach the Rank of Inheritor
I'm King of the Hill 50G: Earn a Hail to the King Medal in Multiplayer Matchmaking
Exterminator 25G: Earn a Hells Jerome Medal in Multiplayer Matchmaking
Game Over 50G: Earn a Skullamanjaro in Multiplayer Matchmaking

Anyone else have any idea post them!

I like these.

GhostFalcon3
02-22-2011, 08:34 AM
I don't know how I am ment to get the killionaire achievement, it shows that i've got it before on firefight but the achievement hasn't unlocked. Is there any special requirement I need to do to get this achievement.

EDIT: Nevermind, had to be done single player, and the achievement for completeing a set on legendary.

darthpat1977
03-05-2011, 11:12 PM
@ dee... 2 corpses 1 grave?...
i got this one on the sword base mission. there is a checkpoint when you get a weapon that calls in air strikes like on cod. as soon as you come out of the base you'll see a warthog get toasted by a wraith. from the right you'll see another wraith come into frame. what i did is set my target locater right on the destroyed warthog. then i jumped on the rock formation to the right so the wraiths would come in close. if your lucky both wraiths will be destroyed in the air raid. hope this helps

xxNIGHTWINGxxx
03-06-2011, 05:20 AM
@ dee... 2 corpses 1 grave?...
i got this one on the sword base mission. there is a checkpoint when you get a weapon that calls in air strikes like on cod. as soon as you come out of the base you'll see a warthog get toasted by a wraith. from the right you'll see another wraith come into frame. what i did is set my target locater right on the destroyed warthog. then i jumped on the rock formation to the right so the wraiths would come in close. if your lucky both wraiths will be destroyed in the air raid. hope this helps

This is how I got mine to pop, so I can confirm this works.

Zechs Merquise
03-09-2011, 03:10 AM
Is there a achievement guide and roadmap for the Noble map pack DLC?

DigiLuigi
03-10-2011, 04:12 AM
Another Stockpile acievement in the new map pack? This one sounds hard.

Headshot Zeetie
03-10-2011, 03:01 PM
Is there a achievement guide and roadmap for the Noble map pack DLC?

yes there is

SalmonMan84
03-10-2011, 11:04 PM
add me if you wanna boost Defiant Map Pack on March 15th in the morning... 6-11AM Central Standard Time. Add me as a friend now and send me a message!!! - SalmonMan84

A RuthlessGamer
03-13-2011, 10:52 PM
how do you get the cap all flags in stockpile? does that mean all of them or just in a round?

RBmaster9345
03-22-2011, 03:59 AM
how do you get the cap all flags in stockpile? does that mean all of them or just in a round?

Just has to be in one round. So one capture period you need all the flags in your score zone.

FDHW R3L3NT
03-26-2011, 01:52 PM
i can't get the Long shot with the dmr achievement to unlock. I've tried everthing, and everytime i have tried i have been in team slayer

NuclearSlurpee
04-08-2011, 11:39 PM
"Totally Worth It" is very annoying because it is just about luck. I just need that and the Defiant achievos.

niko da bos
04-13-2011, 09:39 PM

stockpile achievement is absolutely rediculous. for the few times people select stockpile in objective, i never get close to having my team capture them all. arghh, i really dont like objective based games, and this new achievement list they came out with is filled with em.

any tips from players who got this relatively easy? playing objective all day is not an option :P. i actually got all the flags in a BTB with a buddy, but this was before i bought the DLC:mad::mad:. i thought maybe it would be easier to "shut out" a stockpile opponent in big team, but the gametype seldom gets chosen :(

Vitality gauge
04-15-2011, 03:22 AM
I got the you ate all the chips achievement today while playing stockpile on swordbase. It was 4 on 3 cause someone quit on their side. We won with 11 flags captured and the other team had 1.
Thought you had to capture all the flags and shut the other team out??
Maybe its glitched, who knows.

Steveinator
04-17-2011, 02:07 AM
Does anyone know the specific details for the Cross-Mappin' achievement?

Kaiyo
04-17-2011, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know the specific details for the Cross-Mappin' achievement?

I'm trying to get that too but its not working for me....

Donthedon8675
04-17-2011, 10:15 PM
I got the Cross Mappin' achievement on Spire. I stood on top of the Spire and shot at people on the ground. Try Big Team Slayer.

RBmaster9345
04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm trying to get that too but its not working for me....

Try Blood Gulch canyon wall to far cave. That's what unlocked for me

Kaiyo
05-19-2011, 07:40 PM
I got the "Totally Worth It" achievement off a Multi-team match when I tossed a grenade as 4 guys were fighting me and each other in the room with the health pack above the grenade launcher. 2 out of 4 died by my sticky while 1 other lived via armor lock and the other got shotted down before the grenade exploded.

May 20 update - I finally got my "You Ate All the Chips" achievement after trying it against a bunch of scrubs in a Stockpile match on the map Swordbase.

mjpartyboy
05-21-2011, 03:34 PM
I never thought I would get all the DLC Achvievements, but after some luck I am left with Crackin' Skulls (Defiant: Kill 3 players with the Oddball in a matchmade Oddball game). The thing is, I rarely get Oddball kills when I do finally get the Oddball, let alone trying to get three, but I just completed an Oddball match on Sword Base with three Oddball kills and it never unlocked. :( I've unlocked most of the DLC Achievements on non-DLC maps, so I don't know why this one didn't unlock.

3 Oddball kills & no Crackin' Skulls Achievement

Kaiyo
05-22-2011, 04:18 PM
I finally got my last achievement which is the "Make It Rain" achievement. For now I got all my Halo: Reach achievements until more DLC comes out.

Benjaminjaninja
06-08-2011, 02:51 PM
I just got 'Poppin' and Lockin' during a sword base match...this happened to anyone else?

driver777
06-14-2011, 10:13 PM
did they ever patch up the defiant map pack achievements? because i unlocked them in custom games, they were easy points

BlackRose Alpha
06-14-2011, 10:32 PM
did they ever patch up the defiant map pack achievements? because i unlocked them in custom games, they were easy points

Nope

I just got 'Poppin' and Lockin' during a sword base match...this happened to anyone else?

Achi is basicly kill anything with armor lock, although it states vech,

bryanrocks14
06-15-2011, 05:26 AM
anyone else having trouble with the get a kill at longrange with a DMR noble map pack achievment?, its really frustrating me cause its the one halo reach achievemnt i dont have!!

Vitamin269
06-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Ugh, they last level, last chapter alone on Legendary is hard. Why so hard? Worth the points though.

Mufasa 1337
06-24-2011, 10:43 AM
That's strange, I pretty much ONLY play Slayer and I don't have the Cross-Mappin' achievement. Pretty sure it's bugged.

BlackRose Alpha
06-24-2011, 08:49 PM
That's strange, I pretty much ONLY play Slayer and I don't have the Cross-Mappin' achievement. Pretty sure it's bugged.

I boosted this and while doing it we figured that its not just the target that needs to not be red, its based on a distance further that that.
Kinda hard to get unless your crouched and know in advance where a enermy is likly to come and have enough time to get 5-8 DMR shots off. (assuming your on the other side of the map)

IceColdSkrilla
06-28-2011, 05:42 AM
does anyone know what playlist to find stockpile under? I've been looking for the past two hours and nothing

Aaron Legit
07-25-2011, 12:37 AM
took me while to get all of these achievements

Rick,$avage!
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
I think Stockpile is under MultiTeam, but i could be mistaken..

Vitality gauge
08-04-2011, 01:41 PM
I think Stockpile is under MultiTeam, but i could be mistaken..

only place i've seen it was under big team slayer, and of course nobody else voted for it. Sucks cause the last achiievement I need is the dlc stockpile one.

RBmaster9345
08-05-2011, 06:41 PM
This Stockpile one is really killin people. Exactly why I did it as soon as I could

BlackTitan666
09-27-2011, 06:25 PM
does anyone know if you can get You Blew It Up! without playing on Breakpoint since that update lets you get the other dlc achievements without having the dlc

Kaiyo
10-20-2011, 03:09 AM
Oh yes 343 has given out the new Halo: Reach achievements.

Top Shot
Get 3 headshot kills in a row in a matchmade game.
50 points

Emergency Room
Infect 3 players in a single round in a matchmade Infection game.
15 points

Stick it to the Man!
Stick and kill the flag carrier with a Plasma Grenade in a matchmade game.
20 points

Dive Bomber
Perform a Beat Down on an enemy player while using the Jetpack during a matchmade game.
50 points

License to Kill
Run over 5 people with a Ghost in a matchmade game.
15 points

Bounty Hunter
Capture 10 skulls at once in a matchmade Headhunter game.
75 points

From Hell's Heart
Kill an enemy player that sticks you with a Plasma Grenade with their own grenade in a matchmade game.
25 points

https://halo.xbox.com/en-us/news/headline/the-halo-bulletin-101911-/290604

RBmaster9345
10-20-2011, 04:06 AM
Yay....................MM cheivos................... -_-

(Boots up boosting thread)

The only one I'll need to do this for will be that damn headhunter one.

Ensign Hugh Man
10-20-2011, 05:00 AM
Note they all say matchmade, that's what the Defiant Map pack ones said and you could get them in custom games.

RBmaster9345
10-20-2011, 03:13 PM
Note they all say matchmade, that's what the Defiant Map pack ones said and you could get them in custom games.

(Crosses fingers)

That'd get the Headhunter outta my hair

Kaiyo
10-29-2011, 03:38 AM

If its all the same with the Defiant Map Pack then it could be done the same with the Anniversary maps.

UnbrokenDragar
11-03-2011, 06:05 PM
The 'If they came to hear me beg' achievement IS impossible i cannot do it and when i have done it i didnt get the achievement, if you jump of the cliff you die, but when i assassinate the elite, the achievement dosent show up...

Kaiyo
11-14-2011, 10:53 PM
Can't wait for the new Halo: Reach achievements as well as Halo: CE Anniversary and it's achievements.

Sneecher
11-30-2011, 08:17 AM
The 'If they came to hear me beg' achievement IS impossible i cannot do it and when i have done it i didnt get the achievement, if you jump of the cliff you die, but when i assassinate the elite, the achievement dosent show up...

That happened to me too a couple of times. But it eventually worked. I still don't really know why...nothing seemed different from the times I failed.

MJ FAME
12-03-2011, 03:30 AM
Looking for players to boost multikill medals for weekly challenge

Calv1n
01-21-2012, 04:52 AM
I was playing Oni: Sword Base and was trying to get the "shoot 2 wraiths" achievement. I shot between the wraiths with the target locator and before i saw the shots rain down, I was shot and killed by both wraiths. Right before I respawned, and i'm talking like an instant before I respawned, I got the achievement. How cool is that?:woop:Woo hoo!

Totally Dubbed
01-29-2012, 03:10 PM
Hey guys - I'm trying to get 4 achievements, and wondering if any of these were possible WITHOUT ANY DLC installed:

-Totally Worth It = 2x kill after dying
-Don't Touch That! = 1flag CTF one
-Paper Beats Rock = assassination out of armour lock
-All Alone = last man surviving in infection game

I have tried all alone already but got no achievement
I have also tried 1CTF one but no achievement

Is it because they have to be played on a defiant map?
As I said, I don't have any of the -any help would be appreciated (pointers etc)

I_Love_Ch33v0s
02-17-2012, 04:39 AM
somebody make a video guide for the newest defiant achievements please!

BenjistheGod
03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
do you have to have the defiant map pack to get the three new defiant achievements because you didn't have to last time...

DudeItsVolcom
04-24-2012, 10:32 PM
I'm looking for people to link up with for the Defiant maps achievements.
PLEASE hit me up. PLEASE. Use that inbox people.

Gamertag-DudeItsVolcom

Bacon MacAnus
04-27-2012, 07:08 PM
if you enable skulls on the campaign, will it still unlock the achievement for beating it on legendary?

Freefaller
04-28-2012, 10:40 AM
if you enable skulls on the campaign, will it still unlock the achievement for beating it on legendary?
Yup...as long as the difficulty is legendary, it doesn't matter which skulls you have on

vD Liquicity
06-16-2012, 11:12 PM
The DLC achievements are so annpoying how are you meant to get them when nobody will select the gamemodes such as stockpile so the only way around it is to boost then bungie credit bans you, it is a joke I mean at least let you select the correct game mode for the achievement

Jaska95
07-07-2012, 11:14 AM
Still need "One down, 51 to Go" and "Make it Rain". Got two of DLC achievements accidentally so my end Gs will end up being 1080 and not clean 1000.:mad:

Etaripdoog
08-02-2012, 02:08 AM
It makes no sense that 343 Industries would put in achievements for a map pack that Bungie released. All that does is indirectly promote boosting...

Etaripdoog
08-02-2012, 02:10 AM
does anyone know if you can get You Blew It Up! without playing on Breakpoint since that update lets you get the other dlc achievements without having the dlc
Unfortunately, no. In order to get any of the achievements, you must attempt them on a map from the specified map pack.

Au Asterix
08-03-2012, 04:50 AM
Still need "One down, 51 to Go" and "Make it Rain". Got two of DLC achievements accidentally so my end Gs will end up being 1080 and not clean 1000.:mad:

why dont you just make your Gs a nice 1700?

hiltunen99
05-19-2013, 11:47 AM
Which will seperate us Legendary Players from the 8 year old players who get people from the Bungie website to help them!

True fact! haha
seriously, why does those annoying little kids play halo and call of duty? i hate when they start speaking

Matrix Momo
10-13-2014, 07:04 AM
achievements are such a pain for me to get in this game.

Metapod
10-14-2014, 02:16 AM
feel free to add me for DLC MP achievements! I have a mic, and 3 spare controllers (so i can have a 4 person squad)

GT: Metapod

Send a msg saying you're from XA.com though cos i get lots of messages/requests due to my GT. Thanks in advance!

Manb3arSquirrel
11-11-2014, 08:54 PM
I really want to go back and get the last three I need soon. I did the requirements, but that was when I didn't have the maps. I have them redownloaded now, so I should be able to get them easily. Not too bad of a game for the original 1000:gsicon: either. :dance:

Halo CEA: 1000:gsicon:
Halo 3: 1750:gsicon:
Halo ODST: 1000:gsicon:
Halo Reach: 3 achievements left; going for them soon.
Halo 4: 1000:gsicon: Got the first DLC pack; might go for 1250 eventually.

iBuzz7S
01-12-2015, 10:57 AM
If you haven't got 'One Down, 51 to Go', now is the best time.

http://halo.bungie.net/stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=16959818&player=Doodler

Find that file in the game (I searched for 'weekly challage' under tags), sign in a guest with the second controller and ~30 minutes later, you will unlock the achievement and nab yourself 30,000 credits as well.

SPECTRELIGHT
04-11-2015, 07:29 PM
Playing MM in Reach I've noticed several users who have completed the Armory, yet have not completed ODST nor Halo 3 Legendary, which I thought were requisites to unlock the CQB armor via Waypoint.
Did they change this? I know they at one point changed the requirements to obtain the blue flame helmet, thus my inquiry...