PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Krazie
06-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

greenarrowfilms
04-01-2010, 09:57 PM
im hoping this will have good achievements like 3 did i hope it has multiplayer achievements those were so fun and rewarding when i got them for doing something cool in multiplayer

balance13
04-13-2010, 09:19 PM
I hope they have an achievement for killing a certain amount of grunts. Usually I hate those achievements, but that would be so much fun especially with firefight added.

brushy platypus
04-14-2010, 12:09 AM
Is Reach even going to have firefight, i havent heard anything about it. I hope they do, that was the best thing about ODST.

Vivek13
04-16-2010, 05:00 AM
lol yea but firefight was like the only thing in odst, im hoping good things from this game, playing mw2 everyday does get boring, i also got all the achievments on Halo3 and Halo ODST. And anyone have any information if reach is going to get any map packs?

balance13
04-20-2010, 04:38 PM
Is Reach even going to have firefight, i havent heard anything about it. I hope they do, that was the best thing about ODST.

Thought I read somewhere that they would put it in. I also thought ODST was just a test run for firefight.

troppen
04-25-2010, 09:04 AM
As long as they don't put in another 2 for 1 achievement, this is gona be fun!

SandGambler
04-25-2010, 04:47 PM
I hope they have skulls like in Halo 3 and ODST :woop:

LFC Alevop
04-25-2010, 05:19 PM
Im hoping for multiplayer achievements but only if you can get them in any playlist and not just i ranked free for all like halo 3 as that sucked

ReaLiStiiC
04-26-2010, 10:32 PM
If the achievements are anything like Halo 3, or ODST, I am fine with it.
Maybe some unique ones like getting kills while using your load out.

Hard as Rock - 25G
Get a double kill while using Armour Lock (Obviously I made this up, but it would be funny to see someone using Armour Lock and seeing a guy with a passenger on a mongoose and killing them both by them crashing into the Armour Lock guy :P

balance13
04-26-2010, 10:37 PM
I want Vidmasters that can win you Avatar awards as well. But make them a bit harder than the ODST ones were.

legodewy
04-27-2010, 03:03 AM
Well since we already have the 7 vidmasters, i wonder if they'll have any other 7 related achievements like the 7 vidapperntices or kill 7 grunts with 7 bullets in under 7 seconds. 7G lol

ghost10221987
04-27-2010, 10:18 PM
Well since we already have the 7 vidmasters, i wonder if they'll have any other 7 related achievements like the 7 vidapperntices or kill 7 grunts with 7 bullets in under 7 seconds. 7G lol

Oh God, they better not have any odd numbered achievements. I'd hate to get stuck and my GS be like 42,007. That just looks so... dirty.

Pieville
05-02-2010, 09:06 AM
I'm just hoping the multiplayer achievements are for all playlists or at least in ones you can boost, I hated Halo 3 with the ranked match achievements.

Hot Juicy Pie
05-02-2010, 10:51 AM
I want Vidmasters that can win you Avatar awards as well. But make them a bit harder than the ODST ones were. Honestly, I thought the vidmasters in ODST were harder than the ones in H3.

Endure was a bitch...

PureCarnage
05-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I'm just hoping the multiplayer achievements are for all playlists or at least in ones you can boost, I hated Halo 3 with the ranked match achievements.

You hated Halo 3

Boosting is actually quite easy for this game. If you missed how to do it you can add me on xbox live. I want to finish up ODST firefight and Halo 3 matchmaking cheevos before reach officially comes out. About the kill "x" number of "x" idea. In games like GoW (seriously...) those acheivments wouldn't be fun. With Halo 3 firefight it would be awsume.

GT: XXPuR3CaRnAgeXX

NomoreNiceGuy
05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
30 single player achiv's and 14 online achiv's

Gman2
05-16-2010, 10:03 PM
I can't wait to see the achievements but I'd rather wait until the game comes out and not look at leaked achievements and I hope they have firefight achievements aswell. And maybe DLC achievements.

II CATO II
05-17-2010, 01:42 AM
The only achievement type I am a little worried about would be the 'Make it to the Onyx Division' I don't think I have the time or the chops to play at that level.

But it would definately be a challenge. ;)

CIF
05-21-2010, 07:50 AM
If there are FF achievements, they need to either have dedicated servers for it, greatly lower the amount of points needed or tweak it so that Normal is easier. Those of us with not-so-good connections shouldn't have to play 3 hours just for 10 G.

ZanKioH
05-21-2010, 09:00 AM
PLEASE PLEASE a really hard multiplayer achievement so I can finally be one of those guys at Trueachievements.com with a mammoth achievement :)

Cable Player
05-24-2010, 01:10 PM
I am very scepticle about the achievements for this game.
They have an epic campaign on its way. Amazing multi-player, AND firefight, all to fit into 1000G (No doubt they will release more content).

I really think they should go for as many achievements as Microsoft should allow them, but make them really good ones. No redicuous high-pointers for a small action, for example 50 :gsicon: for getting three assasinations in a ranked or social game. It was a little excessive for what it was.

I really think that this game has the potential to be a huge cock-up if the achievement list is not good. Even for those who couldn't care less about achievements, I think you would agree to a certain extent.

If there are FF achievements, they need to either have dedicated servers for it, greatly lower the amount of points needed or tweak it so that Normal is easier. Those of us with not-so-good connections shouldn't have to play 3 hours just for 10 G.

You hit the jackpot there buddy! Even us with good connection get effected. I was on the last round of Endure, and the Frames Per Second (FPS) dropped. We were lagging around space invaders style whilst trying to fight off hunters and grav-hammer dudes!
I think bungie would be silly not to change the way the game is played online, especially with how it gets with lag and FPS.

MkPrd
05-24-2010, 03:45 PM
It should have like 2,000 or 3,000 in achievements lol. I realle don't care about the count, as long as it's fun like halo 3 and ODST to make them, some easy achievements and some ridicously hard i'll be happy.

I'll became crazy with another achievement like "Two for one", i don't think my mind could handle it again. A headshot related should be fun due to the new weapons, i agree with the "kill grunts" one, that should be fun.

I won't like any "finish X on 4 player on x-box live on heroic/legendary", it should be "finich x on co-op on x-box live on heroic/legendary" ones, specially if doesn't have a search mode like firefight, i ussually play with just one friend in those and, having to find two more friends is sometimes a pain in the ass

Finnisher
05-27-2010, 05:36 PM
I really have no idea what the achievements will be, but i hope the make a mixture of the achievements from Halo3 & ODST. But games had really great achievements but also some bad ones. Really hope the leave out the online achievements wich you can only get in the ranked free for all playlist. Don't mind that it has to be in a ranked game, but then give them free so they can be obtained in all ranked online games.

And if you ask me thay can also leave out an achievements for: completing the game on Normal, or leave it in but with 0:gsicon:. So only give :gsicon: for completing the game on Heroic or Legendary.

But for now i will just have to wait and see what Bungie will use for there achievements. Hope the awards will be great as well...

kennyubasterd00
06-10-2010, 09:58 PM
I'd lmao if Reach is the first game with 1000 1G achievements. By the sound of what you guys are saying they will almost have too. XD

My favorite achievement by far was the Tank Dropper in Halo 3, I hope they come up with something like that but only more complex like "Survive going through a death ball." Now that would take some thinking power since there isnt a bubble shield equipt anymore.

Other thoughts:
~No ranked Ffa achieves, ranked modes r enough
~firefight is gonna need a goofy one, not a survival x points or rounds (assuming there is FF, fingers crossed!)
~skull treasure hunting on mp maps like with sandbox would be awesome, hard ones = fun ones ;D
~No score x points on x level in campaign
~"kill a moderator in matchmaking" gotta gun 1 down at least once XD
~get air assassinated, after air assassinating someone else.
~tea bag 1,000,000 dead bodies (lol jk, tea baggers are annoying as hell)

SuperSkyline89
06-11-2010, 03:48 AM
I hope they don't have many multiplayer achievements like in Halo 3. ODST was fine but I didn't like the ones for Halo 3.

Extreme Washing Machine
06-19-2010, 08:21 PM
I hope they don't have many multiplayer achievements like in Halo 3. ODST was fine but I didn't like the ones for Halo 3.
agreed. the online achievements were pissy.
I hope they do similar offline achievements to halo 3. They were so enjoyable...:drunk

SoupBriefs
06-27-2010, 09:05 PM
I hope they turn down the firefight difficulty. I usually don't like to wine about things being to hard, but i could not get that vidmaster achievement for ff. Maybe i just need some friends who don't suck at the game.

Zenith94x
07-14-2010, 01:09 PM
There is an achievement for beating the game on legendary by yourself...

Cable Player
07-14-2010, 09:57 PM
There is an achievement for beating the game on legendary by yourself...

Which will seperate us Legendary Players from the 8 year old players who get people from the Bungie website to help them!

True fact! haha

tj128
07-16-2010, 09:54 PM
there is definitely firefight in reach and looks 10x better than ODST

sonicboy793
07-17-2010, 09:37 PM
this game is complete trash

ZanKioH
07-18-2010, 12:00 AM
this game is complete trash

Yet it's not even out -_-

stuhp
07-18-2010, 08:08 PM
Yet it's not even out -_-

Do not feed the trolls, please. :D

Bigwig777
07-26-2010, 05:31 AM
i don't care about campaign achievement, just multi-player and multi-player and multi-player. I'm just gunna beat the campaign on normal and then concentrate on firefight and multiplayer. this is going to be awesome.

Bigwig777
07-26-2010, 05:39 AM
i do not agree, but I respect you're decision.

thats how you handle a troll

xAcID ZoNex
07-27-2010, 06:02 PM
There are 3 types of Skull!!!!

Up to three different custom skulls can be created.each skull can have traits that affect the player (shields, health, movement, appearance, etc.) or the actual enemy waves (damage done, damage resistance, grenade throwing, luckiness, immunity to headshots, etc.)

xAcID ZoNex
07-27-2010, 06:15 PM
Up to three different custom skulls can be created for a given match, and each skull can have traits that affect the player (shields, health, movement, appearance, etc.) or the actual enemy waves (damage done, damage resistance, grenade throwing, luckiness, immunity to headshots, etc.):woop:

xAcID ZoNex
07-27-2010, 06:22 PM
It's now possible for players to create and share their unique Firefight experiences for the first time in the "Halo" series with multiple layers of deep customisation options. Players can modify scores of variables, including game type, skulls, enemy wave composition, player traits, loadouts, match duration and much more.

With the robust set of customisation options available in the game, players can craft their own unique Firefight experiences and share them with the broader "Halo" community via their Xbox LIVE file share. Here is a sample of the new customisation options available in Firefight in "Halo: Reach":

Wave Properties: Which enemy types players will fight in each round of the wave, which skulls are active and what types of enemies they'll fight in the "boss wave"

Match Duration: Number of waves, rounds and sets the match will entail, all the way up to infinite as in "Halo 3: ODST"

Weapons: Presence of weapon drops or ammo crates in the match and which weapons players have access to within the game

Player Traits: Core player traits such as base shield and health, movement speed, jump height, weapon damage modifiers, armour ability usage, etc.

Generators: The number, location, spawn order and loss condition of generators in Generator Defence modes

Player Options: Respawn time, starting lives, bonus lives, available loadouts, etc.

Custom Skulls: Up to three different custom skulls can be created for a given match, and each skull can have traits that affect the player (shields, health, movement, appearance, etc.) or the actual enemy waves (damage done, damage resistance, grenade throwing, luckiness, immunity to headshots, etc.)

Brand New Game Types

"Halo: Reach" features a host of new Firefight game types that add depth, diversity and all-new gameplay possibilities. In addition, player-created game modes will allow the "Halo" community to design and share a nearly limitless number of game variants. A few examples from the vast selection of new and familiar modes in Firefight include:

Default Firefight Mode. The default variant in Firefight now lasts for one Set, and the Skull progression has been altered with the removal of Black Eye from the third round. This variant was designed to provide a very crafted experienced that ebbs and flows over a shorter period of time in contrast with the more open-ended experience in "Halo 3: ODST"

Firefight Classic. Players who want to experience the new Firefight maps with the same settings as "Halo 3: ODST" can enjoy Firefight Classic, which allows them to battle waves of Covenant enemies as long as they can hold out

Generator Defence. Originally revealed via the "Network Test1" mode in the "Halo: Reach" multiplayer beta, Generator Defence is a new Firefight game type that challenges players to protect a set of generators from waves of Covenant attackers. Players will team up against an army of Covenant who are hell bent on destroying the generators they're trying to protect

Rocketfight. Rocketfight is a chaotic new Firefight mode that allows players to face the Covenant assault with just their buddies, their armour abilities and unlimited Rocket Launchers. It's just one example of the nearly endless Firefight permutations that players can create and share with the community

Groundbreaking Technical Advancements

All-new engine technology combined with cutting-edge graphics and AI enable the most massive-scale and challenging Firefight matches ever on large, detailed maps with swarms of terrifying and cunning Covenant foes.

Rich New Sandbox

Repel the Covenant offensive with the full arsenal of new weapons, vehicles and armour abilities in "Halo: Reach." Fearsome new enemies and creatures with all-new skills and abilities will challenge players to use all the tools available to turn the tide of battle against the Covenant onslaught.

New weapons included at E3's Firefight debut include:

Name: Target Locator - "Paint" a hostile target that unleashes a devastating bombardment from the UNSC's orbital fleet

<li class="article_body">Name: Concussion Rifle - This Covenant weapon fires super heated, explosive plasma rounds that make short work of Spartan shields and anyone unlucky enough to be caught in the blast radius

Fuel Rod Gun - Favoured by "Heavy" classes of the Covenant army, this shoulder mounted weapon fires irradiated explosive projectiles that can annihilate armour and infantry with a single green-hued blast

New armour abilities included at E3's Firefight debut include:

Drop Shield - This deployable shield takes the place of a field medic by offering you and your fellow Spartans refuge and healing amidst the heat of battle

Firefight maps shown at E3 include:

Waterfront: Fight under the cover of darkness for control of a vital reservoir that fuels the USNC war effort

<li class="article_body">Beachhead: Defend a serene park on the pristine shores of New Alexandria from an imposing Covenant threat

Player Rewards and Challenges

Players can partake in special daily and weekly online Challenges while also earning Commendations and Credits to unlock a vast variety of armour permutations in the "Halo: Reach" Armoury. Players can customise their Spartan with a diverse selection of helmets, shoulder guards, chest plates and accessories and use your aesthetically unique character in any game mode, including Firefight.

ProdigyChildPwn
07-30-2010, 09:24 PM
All the achievements have been revealed and linked to their respective images in the most recent Bungie update:

Link (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_073010)

Falcon McSquare
07-31-2010, 11:34 AM
"If they came to hear me beg"
"Performed an Assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would've been fatal."

Umm..... wtf???
That's going to be difficult...

Will it be a case of flying really high on a jet pack, then dropping and assassinating an elite on the ground? In which case it won't be so bad

Jakez123
07-31-2010, 12:03 PM
its done in campaign so i guess it'll be pretty easy as there will probably be a scripted event or something.

For example: your on a cliff with your team (a really high cliff looking over an covenant base) and below you theres an elite jetpacking vertically up and down, and emiles like "try to soften your drop" and you can choose to assassinate the elite in air or something although you wont die from dropping that high

Stollykin
07-31-2010, 10:42 PM
The achievements seem extremely easy. I can't wait for Reach.

sl21wl22
08-01-2010, 06:30 PM
The beat the game alone on Legendary achievement is gonna be the tough one. Everything else looks simple. Maybe 1Mil might be tough in firefight since we don't know what the points system is like. The achievements are good, much better than ODST.

XProHunter
08-01-2010, 06:36 PM
1 Million in firefight, survive one set on legendary without dying?
thats sounds tough :)

anyway, did i read it right that firefight also has matchmaking?

Val
08-02-2010, 10:57 PM
The Achievements looks like the norm for a Halo game, but i'm surprised there isn't more MP achievements, aside from firefight, but those lean more towards co-op. Still, they look ok to me.

Cable Player
08-03-2010, 07:53 AM
The Achievements looks like the norm for a Halo game, but i'm surprised there isn't more MP achievements, aside from firefight, but those lean more towards co-op. Still, they look ok to me.

I'm sure there will be in future DLC for the game.
Im going to go for the 1000 straight away. This game will certainly be a respectable 1000 for a while, untill it becomes a stereotypical 'I got someone else to help me' game. =\

Buddhist Walrus
08-03-2010, 08:01 AM
The achievements dont look that difficult, other than 1,000,000 points in firefight and legendary campaign solo, but it seems like an easy 1000.

I cant wait for this game! It's going to be awesome!

Ninja of XBox
08-03-2010, 03:35 PM
i agree the achievements seem very easy right now (with the exception of the one where you beat campaign on legendary by yourself and scoring over a million points on firefight). im probably going to beat campaig on legendary with my bro (split screen) and play alot of matchmaking and firefight. dont care too much for forge but it will propbably be fun too

Extreme Washing Machine
08-04-2010, 08:37 PM
this game looks amazing. cant wait.
i wish they put some sort of forge achievement in

DominationQ
08-05-2010, 07:16 PM
I like the achievement list as it is now, but I still wanna know their values! If they're anything like h3 and h2pc, it'll be split 900 campaign and 100 multiplayer.

NomoreNiceGuy
08-07-2010, 01:25 AM
top 5 achievements
5.Cool file, Bro, Recommended a file to someone.
4.Heat in the pipe, Scored 1,000,000 points in a Firefight game.
3.An elegant weapon, Killed 10 enemies in a Firefight or Campaign session with the DMR.
2.Lucky me, Earned a Triple Kill while Jetpacking in Campaign, Firefight or Matchmaking
1.A momument to all your sins, Completed every mission in Halo: Reach alone, on Legendary.

x0Shinydemon0x
08-07-2010, 09:06 PM
Pretty bad list overall...At least most of them look easy.

Flex Gabz Flex
08-07-2010, 10:14 PM
Pretty bad list overall...At least most of them look easy.

Coming from a kid who doesn't collect achievements. Complete 1 game first before calling a list bad bk

luffy
08-07-2010, 10:36 PM
OMG, the only thing im worried about is the vidmaster challenges.

hope it will be similar to the ODST ones.

eMp Annihilator
08-08-2010, 11:10 AM
i loved the halo 3 achievements list but i am disappointed with the reach ones because i don't like firefight and the are only a couple of online achievements when there should be more because it is mainly an online game.

MixMaker1
08-08-2010, 01:24 PM
They seemed to balance the achievements in a way where they wouldn't encourage boosting and whatnot. I like the list, I think the game will be a challenge, for sure yet pretty simple to get the 1000! I'm looking forward to it!

NewSparta
08-09-2010, 07:52 PM
OMG, the only thing im worried about is the vidmaster challenges.

hope it will be similar to the ODST ones.

Same :D, but also excited because im sure there will be a big goodie for getting every vidmaster from every halo :D

Aciidsneaker
08-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Sorry didn't see this before, here are the pics
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d30/Aciidsneaker/achievements.jpg

[Source] (http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_073010)

Enigmatics
08-10-2010, 07:40 AM
Online achievements were good for Halo 3, just not ones that required you to do something on a particular map. If you can do it here, you can do it there. It's just a waiting game at that point.

Anyway, online achievements are fun because it takes the monotony out of matchmaking and campaign. And yes, Vidmaster's should continue. Anything you can unlock as a result of a pain-to-get achievement is generally something we want.
Unlockables = good. It's a wearable/equipable achievement!

SnowSHOWERS
08-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Okay i may be wrong but based on the wording and how much you can alter the settings of skulls to your favor, surviving a legendary set of firefight may not be too hard. Because based on the wording at this moment it doesn't state that it has to be in a certain type of firefight so if you can start a custum game for this you can make the three skulls help you... Just a thought

deadmaninc22
08-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Oh God, they better not have any odd numbered achievements. I'd hate to get stuck and my GS be like 42,007. That just looks so... dirty.

dude i feel ya. my gamerscore has ended in a 3 for soooo long and i hate it. i blame some cheevo from farcry 2 that was worth 13G

Kaifory
08-21-2010, 10:29 PM
When are they going to add the icons to the list? I mean they came out at the same time.

GotThatFayce
08-23-2010, 05:27 PM
I am looking forward to this game but they really need to post some amounts for each cheevo

Fireball6554
08-24-2010, 04:43 AM
I am looking forward to this game but they really need to post some amounts for each cheevo

We don't know all the values.

When are they going to add the icons to the list? I mean they came out at the same time.

Pretty sure Webb can't because of the background on Bnet. He said he would update on release.

Skwishy FTW
08-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Can't wait to 100% this just like halo3 lol >:D

Cable Player
08-25-2010, 06:56 AM
We don't know all the values.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=250809 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=250809)

YouTube- Halo Reach Achievements leaked

Video is taken from the thread given above

It is possible to hack an Xbox system, but it is impossible to hack the LIVE servers to change achievement point values.

The only way this video could be fraudulent is if he very cleverly, and I mean top notch CID/FBI/Government freaking consipracy cleverly edited the video.

However, the video does look very legit and I have even used the achievement values for my own website.

Also, I am pretty sure the Admins said that they would update the list again on release with Point values and achievement pictures. Not what I would do, but at least it would be there for release day. :)

GDRDRDG
08-26-2010, 08:40 AM
If anybody doesn't already know how much each achievement is worth and wants to know message me on xbox live and i'll post'em up here for you.

Reaper Xan
08-26-2010, 05:47 PM
watch this for the achievements :woop:

http://kotaku.com/5601383/halo-reach-reveals-its-achievements

Reaper Xan
08-26-2010, 06:11 PM
these are wonderful!!! :biglaugh

http://readyuplive.com/showthread.php/4987-Fake-Halo-Reach-Achievements

Dan Rycroft
08-26-2010, 08:24 PM
^^^ lmfao !

FiReStOrM^
08-27-2010, 03:58 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=250809 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=250809)

YouTube- Halo Reach Achievements leaked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcPinbygpc&feature=player_embedded)

Video is taken from the thread given above

It is possible to hack an Xbox system, but it is impossible to hack the LIVE servers to change achievement point values.

The only way this video could be fraudulent is if he very cleverly, and I mean top notch CID/FBI/Government freaking consipracy cleverly edited the video.

However, the video does look very legit and I have even used the achievement values for my own website.

Also, I am pretty sure the Admins said that they would update the list again on release with Point values and achievement pictures. Not what I would do, but at least it would be there for release day. :)

Clearly it's a pirated copy and he has glitched it to 1K.

Hahahah! That's awesome :D

Cable Player
08-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Clearly it's a pirated copy and he has glitched it to 1K.

Yes, but my point is - as I clearly said.
And I quote...

linktriforce007
08-27-2010, 11:51 AM
Government freaking consipracy

I KNEW IT. The cellphone commercial; Halsey's ID being in Mass Production...it all makes sense....

Extreme Washing Machine
08-27-2010, 11:37 PM

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH FLMAO AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

XBLsFinest
08-27-2010, 11:51 PM

Weren't these posted before? Nonetheless they're fucking great.

II D0NUT II
08-28-2010, 01:13 AM
Im sure this has been posted somewhere but i couldn't find it here is the achievement break down for Reach from the Bungie site.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=BWU_082710

There are 49 achievements for a total of 1,000 gamerscore. They break down like this:

5 Doctor, Doctor
10 That's a Knife
10 I See You Favor a .45
10 An Elegant Weapon…
10 Swap Meet
10 A Spoonful of Blamite
50 Folks Need Heroes…
125 Gods Must Be Strong
25 The Soldier We Needed You To Be
150 A Monument to All Your Sins
10 We're Just Getting Started
10 Protocol Dictates Action
10 I Need a Weapon
10 To War
10 You Flew Pretty Good
10 Into the Howling Dark
10 Dust and Echoes
10 This is Not Your Grave…
10 Send Me Out…with a Bang
25 They've Always Been Faster
25 Two Corpses in One Grave
25 Banshees, Fast and Low
25 Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet
25 If They Came to Hear Me Beg
25 Wake Up, Buttercup
25 Tank Beats Everything
25 Lucky Me
5 KEEP IT CLEAN
10 I Didn't Train to Be a Pilot
5 Be My Wingman, Anytime
10 Yes, Sensei
10 Skunked!
5 What's a Killing Spree?
10 Crowd Control
5 Knife to a Gunfight
10 Score Attack
10 Firestarter
25 Blaze of Glory
75 Heat in the Pipe
25 Game, Set, Match
10 Make It Rain
15 The Start of Something
25 An Honor Serving
5 A Storage Solution
10 A New Challenger
10 Make it Drizzle
5 Cool File, Bro
10 Lemme Upgrade Ya
10 One Down, 51 to Go

Vaderwannabe
08-28-2010, 04:04 AM
posted on bunige.net today...
5 Doctor, Doctor
10 That's a Knife
10 I See You Favor a .45
10 An Elegant Weapon…
10 Swap Meet
10 A Spoonful of Blamite
50 Folks Need Heroes…
125 Gods Must Be Strong
25 The Soldier We Needed You To Be
150 A Monument to All Your Sins
10 We're Just Getting Started
10 Protocol Dictates Action
10 I Need a Weapon
10 To War
10 You Flew Pretty Good
10 Into the Howling Dark
10 Dust and Echoes
10 This is Not Your Grave…
10 Send Me Out…with a Bang
25 They've Always Been Faster
25 Two Corpses in One Grave
25 Banshees, Fast and Low
25 Your Heresy Will Stay Your Feet
25 If They Came to Hear Me Beg
25 Wake Up, Buttercup
25 Tank Beats Everything
25 Lucky Me
5 KEEP IT CLEAN
10 I Didn't Train to Be a Pilot
5 Be My Wingman, Anytime
10 Yes, Sensei
10 Skunked!
5 What's a Killing Spree?
10 Crowd Control
5 Knife to a Gunfight
10 Score Attack
10 Firestarter
25 Blaze of Glory
75 Heat in the Pipe
25 Game, Set, Match
10 Make It Rain
15 The Start of Something
25 An Honor Serving
5 A Storage Solution
10 A New Challenger
10 Make it Drizzle
5 Cool File, Bro
10 Lemme Upgrade Ya
10 One Down, 51 to Go

II D0NUT II
08-28-2010, 07:40 AM
Vader you posted the same thing i did...haha

MetalNutz
08-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Dunno about you guys but I'm really glad there is an achievement for beating the game solo on Legendary. I've beaten all the other Halo games on Legendary alone. Finally my hard work will pay off!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taboner
08-28-2010, 10:05 AM
One of the only games that I see myself completing within two weeks tops.

Cable Player
08-28-2010, 09:55 PM
I KNEW IT. The cellphone commercial; Halsey's ID being in Mass Production...it all makes sense....

Can you send me a YouTube link? Don't have a clue what you're on about lol

flinttown420
08-28-2010, 10:04 PM
please dont ask me where or how or when i got it. But just to let you all know the achievements are glitchy. Destroying two vehicles w/ the tracker will not unlock, nor will the "dont get into a driveable vehicle through the entire 2nd mission" wont unlock. Not to mention the hijacking a banshee.

linktriforce007
08-28-2010, 10:09 PM
Can you send me a YouTube link? Don't have a clue what you're on about lol

YouTube- Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S on Sprint TV Commercial

xAxDULLI3xAx
08-29-2010, 12:59 PM
they look simple except the one where u have to finish the campaign on legendary solo

Grimm Tim
08-29-2010, 04:11 PM
Pretty solid list. I have a feeling that one where you beat the campaign on legendary by yourself is gonna be a huge pain though

xxthegodofwarx
08-29-2010, 10:56 PM
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY ARE GONNA HAVE SKULLS LIKE THE OTHER HALO GAMES ???:drunk:drunk

Cable Player
08-29-2010, 11:00 PM
YouTube- Samsung Epic 4G Galaxy S on Sprint TV Commercial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgu1fQIKjEA&feature=player_embedded)

Ahh cool, lol I haven't seen that Ad.

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THEY ARE GONNA HAVE SKULLS LIKE THE OTHER HALO GAMES ???:drunk:drunk

I love it when somebody shouts at me.
Makes me feel loved. :grab

glitch12
08-31-2010, 03:15 AM
anyone know if we need to play on live for the ranks or if our points in campaign/firefight will get the promotions?

HeroOfYearZero
08-31-2010, 07:37 AM
The achiv that needs you to finish the whole campaign alone in Legendary is gonna be challenging to some degree, but I'm still getting it

CaptainSmilez
08-31-2010, 11:21 PM
I hated the multiplayer achievements on Halo 3, glad they are gone.:woop:
Also, quick question, what is the difference between Invasion mode and Firefight?

http://card.mygamercard.net/geothermal/I+SMiL3Z+I.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/I+SMiL3Z+I)

Jellybean468
08-31-2010, 11:38 PM

YES. YES THEY WILL! HOPE I ANSWERED YOUR QUESTION CORRECTLY.

Tee hee. :p

Fireball6554
09-01-2010, 12:16 AM
[/FONT]

Firefight, is as it was in ODST. 4 people being attacked by endless amount of Covenant. It's WAY more custimizable in Reach

Invasion is 6 v 6. (3 teams of 2 on each team.) It's Elites attack the base, while Spartans defend. (It could be vice-versa also, maybe.) The game is set in stages.

Reaper Xan
09-01-2010, 11:00 AM
:woop: I convinced my friend to buy Reach!!!!! :biglaugh

Cable Player
09-01-2010, 02:58 PM
:woop: I convinced my friend to buy Reach!!!!! :biglaugh

I'm getting £5+ worth of points on my GAME card as I pre-ordered it for my mate ;)

WhiteWolf
09-01-2010, 03:02 PM
I wish I could do the same. Almost all of my friends hate halo with a passion. I'm going to have to find some people here to play with.

Benny263
09-01-2010, 09:21 PM
So how many days will it take everyone to do the 'Monument of all your sins' Cheevo? :D

Fireball6554
09-01-2010, 09:28 PM
So how many days will it take everyone to do the 'Monument of all your sins' Cheevo? :D

1+ month(s). Going to be busy with FF and Forge.

Reaper Xan
09-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Reach, Reach, Reach, Reach, Reach, Reach, Reeeeaaaaaachh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biglaugh

deadmaninc22
09-02-2010, 11:29 PM
I can't wait to start doing solo legendary when this comes out.

JCDRANZER
09-03-2010, 12:31 AM
Which will seperate us Legendary Players from the 8 year old players who get people from the Bungie website to help them!

True fact! haha

Legendary was never really hard in the Halo games but perhaps Halo 2 was a little time-consuming. The difficulty, only raises the time you take to complete it because of the many aspects of making the "level harder". In a sense, the Legendary alone, wouldn't be much of a problem. Hence, the skill-level wouldn't be that much different imo. I've played against a 10 year old GENERAL (freaking 10 YEARS OLD) and he was sooooooo unforgiving and annoying.:uzi:

When I first looked at the achievement list, I thought they were really simple but when looking back at them, I think some of them could prove to be bitches like the "Tank Beats Everything (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-reach/achievement/42339-Tank-Beats-Everything.html)", I mean we can't be able to judge the difficulty of this achievement unless we get our hands on the campaign.;)

Cable Player
09-03-2010, 01:29 AM
When I first looked at the achievement list, I thought they were really simple but when looking back at them, I think some of them could prove to be bitches like the "Tank Beats Everything (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-reach/achievement/42339-Tank-Beats-Everything.html)", I mean we can't be able to judge the difficulty of this achievement unless we get our hands on the campaign.;)

Agreed,
I think the 1000 on Reach will be a very challenging, but respectfull 1000.
It will be brilliant to hit the 1000 though! I wander what in-game wonders they have set up for us for hitting the 1000!

ReverendSID
09-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Invasion is 6 v 6. (3 teams of 2 on each team.) It's Elites attack the base, while Spartans defend. (It could be vice-versa also, maybe.) The game is set in stages. I'm pretty sure Invasion can be set up for 2 teams of 16, but I know it can be set for 2 teams of 8 cause I've seen a video of it set that way.

deadmaninc22
09-03-2010, 03:55 AM
I wish I could do the same. Almost all of my friends hate halo with a passion. I'm going to have to find some people here to play with.

you got nothin to worry about, everyone here will be playing REACH.

Reaper Xan
09-03-2010, 04:25 PM
:Bounce::Bounce::Bounce: i can't waaaaiiiiiiitt!!!!!!! :Bounce::Bounce::Bounce:

LickableLemons7
09-03-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm wondering about the achievement "I'll Be Your Wingman Anytime" How do you let someone spawn on you? I couldn't play the Reach beta, so idk.:( I'm just glad there aren't that many multiplayer achievements. I would've liked to see some forge achievements, but oh well.:p Some of them seem to be a challenge, at least. And one more thing about the "Skunked" achievement. Could someone explain the phases in invasion for me? Thanks in advance. Can't wait for Reach!:Bounce:

Fireball6554
09-04-2010, 04:06 AM
I'm pretty sure Invasion can be set up for 2 teams of 16, but I know it can be set for 2 teams of 8 cause I've seen a video of it set that way.

Oh, really? I'm just saying this from my exprience from the beta. Invasion might actually get better!

ReverendSID
09-04-2010, 05:01 AM
I'm wondering about the achievement "I'll Be Your Wingman Anytime" How do you let someone spawn on you?
When you're playing Invasion and you die you have a choice of spawning at your starting position (which isn't really ideal for the attacking team given that the objective keeps getting farther away from that point) or at one of your teammate's positions. It's kinda the same thing that they're doing in Medal of Honor. But when the teammate is in combat you can't spawn next to them. So if you die and select one of your teammates to spawn on, they get a message that a teammate is trying to spawn on them. Get out of combat with no enemy visible for a few seconds and the teammate spawns.
Oh, really? I'm just saying this from my exprience from the beta. Invasion might actually get better! I saw a video that was an 8 v 8 invasion game played by bungie members. Some comentary. It was pretty cool.
http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox360/halo-reach/videos/g-2009060110582402047/v-20100827145225551082
He does say that most of the matchmaking is 6 v 6. But custom games can go up to 16 v 16

TG Wolf
09-04-2010, 07:06 AM
*eats the achievements and gains their power*

Blue Bomber
09-04-2010, 10:14 AM
I'm glad that there aren't any achievements like the Lone Wolves ones in Halo 3, they were so annoying to get.

2Fast4U
09-05-2010, 12:04 AM
Just beat the campaign on Legendary it was very hard but yeah I got.
Got 880 GS!

Jellybean468
09-05-2010, 09:56 PM
Just beat the campaign on Legendary it was very hard but yeah I got.
Got 880 GS!

Just out of interest, which ones do you have left? And how did you get the game also?

Dr Illmatik
09-05-2010, 11:12 PM
This game is going to so sick. I so hyped up about it. It make take some time on the firefight chieve's, but I personaly welcome the challange.

TG Wolf
09-05-2010, 11:35 PM
"Is that a Grav. Hammer in my pants or am I just excited for Reach?"

A little of both >_>

2Fast4U
09-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Just out of interest, which ones do you have left? And how did you get the game also?

http://www.imagebanana.com/view/vay9c6tj/HRAch.jpg

my friend works at gamestop thats how i got/always get games early..

Bebe Buell
09-07-2010, 07:05 PM
http://www.imagebanana.com/view/vay9c6tj/HRAch.jpg

my friend works at gamestop thats how i got/always get games early..

Lucky Bastard, I envy you! :P
I just hope I get it on release, cause I ordered it on the interwebs. They are supposed to send it so it reaches(what a pun :D) me on release, but with the Norwegian mail everything can happen :P

MrDrProfessor4
09-08-2010, 01:17 AM
This looks like a very easy 1000. Doesn't look any worse than ODST's 1000 which I got in 5 days.

The campaign on legendary alone, and 1 million points on a single firefight looks like all that's gonna take effort.

TORQUE87
09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
This looks like a very easy 1000. Doesn't look any worse than ODST's 1000 which I got in 5 days.

The campaign on legendary alone, and 1 million points on a single firefight looks like all that's gonna take effort.

(sorry for my english)

the campaign isn't difficult, and the firefight is ridiculus because you can set all options:
infinite ammo
weapons damage
god mode
movements speed
jump speed....
and unlocks all achievements related to firefight

for me the achs difficulty is 3-4\10

@2fast4U:

how do you get these achievements?

if they came to hear me bag( the assassination)
banshees fast and slow
thx

Sticki
09-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Solo Legendary isn't hard, just time consuming. I've done it twice already. Game is great...and yes I got my copy legit.

Dr Popodopolus
09-08-2010, 12:58 PM
I'm going to get 1000 on Reach even if it kills me.

1750 on Halo 3 and the 1000 on ODST was relatively easy so I look forward to trying to get 1000 on Reach before MoH, I have practically 1 month to do it! Shouldn't be too hard by the looks of things :D

Artful Dodger
09-08-2010, 01:02 PM
Im sooo excited! I cant wait, i have the day off work on Monday & plan on completing campaign on legendary before playing online

IC3 L3G3ND
09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Looking forward to getting anouther easy completion from Halo, Story should be amazing but once i have my 1000 this will be traded in for something better, (DEAD RISING 2)

Barad
09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm looking to get 800-900G on this bad boy so I can get rid of it sooner :P

SuperNobbs
09-09-2010, 11:57 AM
Why in the hell would you want to get Rid of Reach?

are you people Insane!?

abonatto
09-09-2010, 01:28 PM

are you people Insane!?

yeah, there will be massive support for the game, and theres so much u can do in the game

ReverendSID
09-09-2010, 05:30 PM

are you people Insane!? I AM! But I'm not looking to get rid of the game. :)

steelcity2424
09-10-2010, 12:39 AM
this game is looking pretty good probably in my opinion the game of the year

bginth
09-10-2010, 08:05 AM
I posted a thread on how to get the firefight achievements easily but I ain't sure fi it posted.. so hit me up if ya guys wanna knoo

MajinDustin
09-11-2010, 03:37 AM
Does anyone know what the achivement "Lemme Upgrade Ya" for
Advancing any Commendation to its Silver state is about?

xxxxHolic
09-11-2010, 03:49 AM
Does anyone know what the achivement "Lemme Upgrade Ya" for
Advancing any Commendation to its Silver state is about?

Link. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=43702612&postRepeater1-p=1#43781597)

Basically, they're medals. If you get enough of any certain type they progress to different states as you can see on the link. Here's another link (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=Mach%20is%20bad)to some random player I found so you can get a slight idea of what some of the medals are and how they show your progressing to each of the different states.
(http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=Mach%20is%20bad)

MajinDustin
09-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Link. (http://www.bungie.net/Forums/posts.aspx?postID=43702612&postRepeater1-p=1#43781597)

Basically, they're medals. If you get enough of any certain type they progress to different states as you can see on the link. Here's another link (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=Mach%20is%20bad)to some random player I found so you can get a slight idea of what some of the medals are and how they show your progressing to each of the different states.
(http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/Commendations.aspx?player=Mach%20is%20bad)

ok cool thanks :) so basically just get as many medals as you can?

xxxxHolic
09-11-2010, 04:24 AM
ok cool thanks :) so basically just get as many medals as you can?

Kinda, get as many of the same types of medals as you can. They're like the challenges in Red Dead Redemption for example where you had to do X amount of Y then you'd unlock another level of that challenge.

Pic example.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9625/73894054.jpg

Again, I got this from some random person's Reach profile. I don't have the game yet but that's basically what it is. I believe you'll get more credits by completing those commendations but there are only a few ranks and they do max out eventually. There are also daily challenges that are somewhat like commendations but they probably won't be as difficult to achieve, still the do grant extra credits and are also part of an achievement, if I recall correctly.

CONKER1182
09-11-2010, 09:00 AM
I`m finding threads on here that are saying that some of the achievements in Halo Reach are glitched. True or not?

CONKER1182
09-11-2010, 09:03 AM
I pre-ordered the Legendary edition and I`m gonna wear the flaming helment on day one cannot wait.

Bebe Buell
09-11-2010, 11:53 AM
I'm getting 1000 in this game easily. Atleast I think so, depends on campaign. But I can't wait! :D

Quickdraw
09-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Kinda, get as many of the same types of medals as you can. They're like the challenges in Red Dead Redemption for example where you had to do X amount of Y then you'd unlock another level of that challenge.

Pic example.

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9625/73894054.jpg

Again, I got this from some random person's Reach profile. I don't have the game yet but that's basically what it is. I believe you'll get more credits by completing those commendations but there are only a few ranks and they do max out eventually. There are also daily challenges that are somewhat like commendations but they probably won't be as difficult to achieve, still the do grant extra credits and are also part of an achievement, if I recall correctly.

ooh i like the looks of that, interesting, its prolly still not enough to keep me in for the long haul, but its a start.

lifeexpectancy
09-11-2010, 12:49 PM
So far to me the achieve list looks mad easy to 1k save for "complete all the daily challenges in a given day" and "complete a weekly challenge". Depending on what bunge makes the challenges be, these two could either be really easy or really hard. Depending on how fast you can rank up in muliplayer to lt col for the "purchase an item that requires the rank of lt col" achievement, that could take a little time. As for the rest, you could easily get 46/49 in a day or two I think.

xxxxHolic
09-11-2010, 02:29 PM
ooh i like the looks of that, interesting, its prolly still not enough to keep me in for the long haul, but its a start.

Well, I'd assume trying to unlock everything in the armory and getting the cooler stuff would be. Bungie promises to have challenges that will not only give a decent amount of credits but will encourage players to try new play lists. They've always done a good job with their community management so I expect great things from commendations, challenges, and the over all multiplayer experience.

I`m finding threads on here that are saying that some of the achievements in Halo Reach are glitched. True or not?

Some people have, others have not had issues with achieves. As of right now there is nothing official yet seeing as how the game isn't out yet but at least you can take into consideration what they are and keep in mind possible ways to go about unlocking them if you do run into issues. From what I read, you at least need to make sure you're NOT playing on the easy difficulty, as that will not allow you to unlock achieves.

SuperSkyline89
09-11-2010, 02:32 PM

I think that's just people not doing them properly. Like with the jetpack triple kill one, apparently the kills only count while you're holding the jetpack button.

Extreme Washing Machine
09-11-2010, 04:50 PM
Gonna complete on legendary single player, get all the random achievements, get all the multiplayer achievements, wear my new in game helmet, armour or avatar award for getting to milestone 60 on halo waypoint and enjoy the game.

MetaPhoenix
09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Can anybody recommend which mission it would be easiest to hijack a banshee on? I've played the game through on heroic co-op and legendary solo and didn't once come across a banshee that would've been easy to hijack.

Also, does the Score Attack mission require you to play through Online Matchmaking rather than regular Firefight? I played through Score Attack offline from the Firefight menu, got the 15,000 and didn't get the Achievement, so.

And finally, the assassination against an Elite, does that have to be done during the campaign or would it work on multiplayer through matchmaking/custom games?

Andii
09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
I'm wondering about the achievement "I'll Be Your Wingman Anytime" How do you let someone spawn on you? I couldn't play the Reach beta, so idk.:( I'm just glad there aren't that many multiplayer achievements. I would've liked to see some forge achievements, but oh well.:p Some of them seem to be a challenge, at least. And one more thing about the "Skunked" achievement. Could someone explain the phases in invasion for me? Thanks in advance. Can't wait for Reach!:Bounce:

The wingman achievement is very easy. I got it on my very first Invasion game and didn't even try. Just play, and people will spawn on you.

I am still trying to get Skunked and want to know more about that one myself.

Scottish Sin
09-13-2010, 03:23 PM
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but is anybody having problems uploading their videos to their Fileshare? When I try and do that it comes up with a message that my name is not allowed on xbox live. It's really weird. Is that because the games not officially out yet?

Diceman1980
09-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere but is anybody having problems uploading their videos to their Fileshare? When I try and do that it comes up with a message that my name is not allowed on xbox live. It's really weird. Is that because the games not officially out yet?
This happens to me too. It's baffling, especially as I've since tested File Share on Halo 3 and that's still working fine for me.
I'm hoping it's teething problems, and enough people are effected that Bungie are sorting it out.

Scottish Sin
09-14-2010, 11:18 AM
This happens to me too. It's baffling, especially as I've since tested File Share on Halo 3 and that's still working fine for me.
I'm hoping it's teething problems, and enough people are effected that Bungie are sorting it out.

Aye, it sucks. The thing is, I hardly used it in Halo 3 and truth be told, once i get the two achievements from it on Reach, it'll hardly be touched. As you said, hopefully it's just some teething problems and it'll sort itself out.

Deacon Brown
09-15-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi guys

I wrote this on another site i use and wonder if it would be of any use to you guys, I will post it and if not then it can be deleted.

Ok

I know i told some of you to use the IGN Kid River file, but don't bother, yes it does get you some of the acivements but I noticed that I was not getting a lot of scores for my kills.

It took me 63 min of murdering to get this which is not long at all.

Use the below

Download this by IXI JoHnnYB IXI 1.Mio Points EASY (http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=1587&player=IXI%20JoHnnYB%20IXI)

Make sure the Mission is on Corvette and the Game difficulty is on Legendary otherwise you wont get the achivements.

A few tips, Keep the needler it will help in the early stages with your multi kill scoring, try and find the magnum so you can get the achivement for it.

This is the fire fight achivements list
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/9028/haloreachfirefightachiv.jpg
(image credit goes to xbox360achievements (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/))

And this is what it will look like after the hour
http://img805.imageshack.us/img805/81/imageah.jpg

Hope that helps guys :hug:

I posted this here http://www2.britxbox.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=61204

DHc FiReHawK
09-15-2010, 12:57 PM
The assanation achievement, does it have to be done in matchmaking on a human?

Sly Toad
09-15-2010, 04:39 PM
The assanation achievement, does it have to be done in matchmaking on a human?
Nope, I got it in campaign against an AI Elite.

Natz
09-15-2010, 06:23 PM
i was wondering if the moa birds achievement can be done on easy or not?

DHc FiReHawK
09-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Nope, I got it in campaign against an AI Elite.

Hmm, thats weird. I have done multiple assasination in firefight. I got the emblem, not the challenge...

Edit: And now 2 times online. I hate it when it doesn`t goes as you please

cheifjordan
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Can anybody recommend which mission it would be easiest to hijack a banshee on? I've played the game through on heroic co-op and legendary solo and didn't once come across a banshee that would've been easy to hijack.

Also, does the Score Attack mission require you to play through Online Matchmaking rather than regular Firefight? I played through Score Attack offline from the Firefight menu, got the 15,000 and didn't get the Achievement, so.

And finally, the assassination against an Elite, does that have to be done during the campaign or would it work on multiplayer through matchmaking/custom games?

I got the banshee hijack on The Package Pretty easy, they fly pretty low.

The score attack achievement only works Online firefight matchmaking.

and the achievement for assasinating an Elite while falling to your death only working in campaign mode.

sweetnsour
09-15-2010, 11:25 PM
The kill 7 moa achievement didn't unlock for me. Anyone else have the same problem? It worked for my other friends and I killed over 7 moas I can tell you that for sure. I'll try again.

JCDRANZER
09-15-2010, 11:55 PM
The kill 7 moa achievement didn't unlock for me. Anyone else have the same problem? It worked for my other friends and I killed over 7 moas I can tell you that for sure. I'll try again.

Yes, same thing happened to me and I checked my game history at my Bungie profile and it said I killed 29 Moa (since I had 29 H.Ryan Memorial medals) during my Legendary playthrough on the 2nd mission and I also didn't get on any drivable vehicle during this playthrough but got the achievement "They've Always Been Faster". Its my 2nd time doing the 2nd mission, the first time I didn't know I was doing the 2nd mission, I restarted my campaign on Legendary and completed the 2nd mission.:( Also, I'm playing by myself and so did my friend and he got it.:confused:

I'm gonna complete the campaign on Legendary before Saturday and then work on the other achievements.:uzi:Hopefully, I will get the 7 moa kill achievement ("Keep it Clean") when I re-do the 2nd mission after I finish my Legendary playthrough.

Ryvuk17
09-16-2010, 01:21 AM
There aren't that many multiplayer achievements which is disappointing

Ryvuk17
09-16-2010, 01:27 AM
splattering people on the mongoose is a pain in the ass, as well as 2 people with one laser shot

Munkk1
09-16-2010, 10:33 AM
Can I get the legendary campaign achievements by playing through with iwhbyd, Birthday party and scoring on? I don't want to go through just to find out that I'm going to have to do it all over again...

thereefernander
09-16-2010, 12:30 PM
I was playing Invasion, first round, my team which was comprised of excellent players completely dominated them and scored all 3 points on Spire fairly quickly. Needless to say, the next round they defended the shit out of the points and it ended 3-0. After the match it was stuck on the scoreboard and saying "connecting" at the bottom for a good 3 minutes. Then I realized, I didn't receive my SKUNKED! achievement?! WHY! Did we have to defend first?

iheardUrip1
09-16-2010, 01:04 PM
My trouble is with A Spoonful Of Blamite (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-reach/achievement/42348-A-Spoonful-Of-Blamite.html) achievement.

I know for a fact I have done this multiple times both in the campaign and firefight, but still it will not unlock.

Am I alone or does anybody else have this problem?

JCDRANZER
09-16-2010, 03:55 PM
My trouble is with A Spoonful Of Blamite (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/halo-reach/achievement/42348-A-Spoonful-Of-Blamite.html) achievement.

I know for a fact I have done this multiple times both in the campaign and firefight, but still it will not unlock.

First, you have to do it without dying (the same applies for the "Keep it Clean" achievement) and do it on Normal or higher difficulty. I got them both today.

I've done up to the 4th mission on Legendary solo and damn was the 4th mission a pain in the ass at the very last segment of the mission. I did the Keep it Clean on a Heroic playthrough and damn was it a cakewalk....Heroic is way too easy but Legendary can be an almightly b*tch at times.:uzi:I'm working on the weekly challenge, I need to do 5 more missions before I get it and I have to do it before Sunday.:Bounce:

hairlesswookiee
09-16-2010, 07:05 PM
I just finished the campaign on Heroic, but "Folks Need Heroes" didn't pop up. Can I just replay the last mission to get this, or do I need to go through the campaign again??? Also, the chapter 5 and 8 achievements didn't pop up either. I'm guessing because I played specific missions select?? Not sure, but I doubt I'll be playing through on Legendary for a while though.

Barad
09-16-2010, 09:01 PM
Can someone give me tips on winning an invasion game in the first phase, I've been playing this stupid game mode for hours and we allways seem to have the score 3-3 I don't even understand the game!

EvoSev
09-16-2010, 09:34 PM
Can someone give me tips on winning an invasion game in the first phase, I've been playing this stupid game mode for hours and we allways seem to have the score 3-3 I don't even understand the game!

Wow, bad luck. I played Invasion my first time and got the achievement, I had no clue what I was doing...

Barad
09-17-2010, 09:15 AM
Wow, bad luck. I played Invasion my first time and got the achievement, I had no clue what I was doing...

LOL! You don't understand how thrilled you should be for having that achievement, litterally I've been playing Invasion for 5 hours and I can't do it!

macpride
09-17-2010, 04:38 PM

What I did was on a custom firefight game, have invulnerability on in the custom skulls, have the waves start off as grunts so you can get the needler, have limitless ammo, and have the rest of the waves be elites, because you need the explosion to kill them, and the grunts get killed by the needles before the explosion. You need that purple badge to show up when you kill them for it to count as 1 kill. Hope that isn't too confusing and helps.

MegaloYeti
09-17-2010, 10:56 PM

Load up a custom firefight, with invinsibility and infinite ammo. Then just find a grunt with a needler or a jackal with the needle rifle, and go after the elites with either. I recommend the needler cuz there will be no reload. Since you can't die, you will get it after 10. Look for the icon, you know you got one if you see it. If you dont see it, you didnt do something right...

As far as the Moa achievement, you can't die like was said. Also, you can't run them over with the vehicle. You have to shoot them, or if you're like me... punch them in the freakin' neck!

Someone didnt get the achievement for beating the game, I am not certain on this but if this game is like the others you cannot save and quit in the middle of any missions. You must play them through in one shot... which leads to my question:

Does what I just say hold true for the solo-legendary achievement? I really hope not. Anyone have info?

Happy Hunting - Yeti

MegaloYeti
09-17-2010, 11:02 PM
If they came to hear me beg...

Took me 8 minutes, but I found a video on youtube (thanks to achievement hunter, Geoff you're my boy). I got really lucky, because from what I've read and seen there is only one of the assassination animations that triggers the achievement, which is the one where you knife them in the throat. I missed the dude for 7 minutes and finally got it on the 8th and luckily got that attack. Friend of mine did it many many times and kept getting the Back-Stomp assassination and it never blooped.

YouTube - Halo: Reach - If They Came to Hear Me Beg Achievement Guide

Thats Achievement Hunters video. Their video's language is usually not safe for work, but always hysterical.

MegaloYeti
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Can I get the legendary campaign achievements by playing through with iwhbyd, Birthday party and scoring on? I don't want to go through just to find out that I'm going to have to do it all over again...

You can have the skulls on, no worries.

I still haven't figured out if you need to play the mission through in one shot. Other Halo games required this, save and quit nulled the achievement...

Taboner
09-17-2010, 11:44 PM
I need help with Two Corpses in One Grave :( I'm doing it, but it's not unlocking...

MadDogChad
09-18-2010, 03:14 AM
I need help with Two Corpses in One Grave :( I'm doing it, but it's not unlocking...

That cheevo is pretty straight forward; the description from the 'Achievement Guide & Roadmap' thread has it dead-on.

...if ya still can't get it, I can help you in co-op campaign if you want.

Barad
09-18-2010, 02:40 PM
FINALLY got Skunked and that would be my last Matchmaking achievement out the way thank god! Onto todays daily challenge..any tips on not dying in a firefight match?

ReverendSID
09-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Load up a custom firefight, with invinsibility and infinite ammo. Then just find a grunt with a needler or a jackal with the needle rifle, and go after the elites with either. I recommend the needler cuz there will be no reload. Since you can't die, you will get it after 10. Look for the icon, you know you got one if you see it. If you dont see it, you didnt do something right...

Someone didnt get the achievement for beating the game, I am not certain on this but if this game is like the others you cannot save and quit in the middle of any missions. You must play them through in one shot... which leads to my question:

Does what I just say hold true for the solo-legendary achievement? I really hope not. Anyone have info?

Happy Hunting - Yeti
You can have the skulls on, no worries.

I still haven't figured out if you need to play the mission through in one shot. Other Halo games required this, save and quit nulled the achievement...

For the custom firefight for Blamite, you can just create a custom loadout that starts with the needler and save yourself a little more trouble even. That's how I got it in the end.

As for saving and quitting in the middle of a mission, it's fine. What will screw the achievement is if you quit a mission and then select a rally point to start at instead of continuing from the auto-save. I ended up glitched in the middle of mission 6, somehow I got a checkpoint AS I was dying so it would load the checkpoint, I'd die and it was just an endless loop. Tried restarting from one of the rally points, finished the mission and it didn't count. Had to restart the whole mission. But hitting a checkpoint, selecting "Save and Quit" and then selecting "Resume Solo Campaign" from the main menu was no trouble for the achievement. I did it several times.

kall5ter
09-18-2010, 03:00 PM
does anyone get the Lemme upgrade ya' acheivement? or could explain it to me?

ReverendSID
09-18-2010, 03:17 PM
does anyone get the Lemme upgrade ya' acheivement? or could explain it to me? Simple example. There's a commendation in the game for killing enemies with headshots during the campaign. Once you've done it 50 times you are awarded with the Steel commendation, 250 gets you Bronze, 500 gets you Silver. This is according to the strat guide. I actually think they replaced Steel with Iron in the final game, and the numbers might be a little different now as well. But basically you just keep doing a certain thing over and over and it will eventually advance the commendation to silver. If you want to check your progress on things you can do that on Bungie.net or in game from your service record. It will tell you what level a commendation is at and your progress toward the next level.

Eric89
09-19-2010, 12:46 AM
Any hints or tips for beating the Campaign on Legendary...solo?

ReverendSID
09-19-2010, 04:55 AM
Any hints or tips for beating the Campaign on Legendary...solo? Aside from the standard "Don't suck" or "Learn to play" derisions? Just take your time. The worst thing you can ever do on Legendary is rush toward an enemy. Get a DMR or Needle Rifle or even a Magnum and hang back near some cover. Also, if you already know where the next objective is and there's cover near it and you can get to it before it's active do so.

Take your time, snipe whenever you can, stay near cover or at least health packs. Oh, and don't be surprised if you die repeatedly in vehicle sections. Eventually those things take enough damage to blow up from one hit no matter what your health and shields are at.

That's about it.

Barad
09-19-2010, 12:21 PM
Can someone tell me whats the fastest way to rank up online on this game?

iiDaRReN316x
09-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Can someone tell me whats the fastest way to rank up online on this game? Sniper Attack nets you like 1500 in 12 mins

Barad
09-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Sniper Attack nets you like 1500 in 12 mins

Really? nice but I suck at snipers, around how many kills on average should I be getting per game?

iiDaRReN316x
09-19-2010, 12:52 PM
Really? nice but I suck at snipers, around how many kills on average should I be getting per game? So do i, its all about getting massave kill combos and headshots

JMNELSON
09-20-2010, 01:00 AM
I am making great progress with the reach campaign, and I'm currently on the mission exodus. All I have to do is activate the final battery thing and I beat. I am virtually on the other side of the map behind a rock where the other battery was. Whenever I step out I get owned by Wraiths. If I take a long outstretched route, I end up getting owned by enemies. Now how do I get to the final activation? I died about 15 - 20 times. My guns: DMR and Grav Hammer. I have drop shield. Also, any pointers on how to hijack a Wraith? I suck at that. Thanks.

Barad
09-20-2010, 12:44 PM
So do i, its all about getting massave kill combos and headshots

Fair enough, I played it last night and only got around 500 cr :/ looks like ill carry on with invasion.

Opiate42
09-20-2010, 07:07 PM

You can save and quit and just choose "resume solo campaign" the next time. Don't go doing any other campaign based cheevs before you resume though or it saves over your checkpoints, leaving you to do the mission all over again. I saved and quit tons of times and did Legendary solo over a couple days. Just be sure you've hit a checkpoint after a nasty fight you don't want to repeat.

I am making great progress with the reach campaign, and I'm currently on the mission exodus. All I have to do is activate the final battery thing and I beat. I am virtually on the other side of the map behind a rock where the other battery was. Whenever I step out I get owned by Wraiths. If I take a long outstretched route, I end up getting owned by enemies. Now how do I get to the final activation? I died about 15 - 20 times. My guns: DMR and Grav Hammer. I have drop shield. Also, any pointers on how to hijack a Wraith? I suck at that. Thanks.

Swap that shield for a jetpack when you get a chance. It'll let you zip around a bit faster to where you need to be.

That wraith really pissed me off, I died 30 times just trying to take it out. If I remember correctly there's tons of grunts in that section so steal a plasma pistol, a fully charged blast will disable the wraith temporarily so you can board or scoot by to the next cover. But the turret will still be active if you haven't killed the gunner yet. Kill the gunner asap when engaging.

If you want to just take it out entirely... on the bridge between turrets 1 and 2 there should have been a Brute Captain or something with one of those awesome plasma grenade launchers, two fully charged 4 grenade barrages and the wraith will be toast, then just drop it for another gun.

After the wraith is dealt with, needle rifle and DMR sniping your way up to the last button shouldn't pose much difficulty.

capitalj
09-21-2010, 03:34 AM
I am having a problem getting "The Start of Something" achievement to unlock.

I thought I just had to get to Corporal in a game mode in Reach. I am playing on Legendary solo campaign and I am a Sergeant and still the Corporal achievement has not unlocked.

Do i have to do it in multiplayer also or something?

Any help is appreciated.

ChiefBurner_3_SE
09-21-2010, 08:56 AM
Can you still be able to earn the complete campaign on legendary achievements with some if not all of the secondary skulls on? Just wondering.

jedink
09-21-2010, 09:54 AM
Which Achievement did you hate doing?
for me other than legendary i hated the moa achivement
i know they are not real but i hated killing them and hearing them screech when they fell down..so i killed them as painless as possible..with a headshot

ChiefBurner_3_SE
09-21-2010, 10:21 AM
Beating a campaign on the hardest difficulty is the one I truly hate the most. For now at least.

drexsack
09-21-2010, 10:48 AM
Can you still be able to earn the complete campaign on legendary achievements with some if not all of the secondary skulls on? Just wondering.

Yes I always had Grunt Birthday on, I love the sound :D

iheardUrip1
09-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Hoping to start the campaign in around an hour on LEGENDARY if anybody wants to join?

Hit me up on XBL if interested!

GT: iheardUrip1 :uzi:

CMCX360
09-21-2010, 06:05 PM
Can someone tell me what is required to get the achievement "I Didn't Train To Be A Pilot"?

I think I have a clue, but I'm not sure.

ReverendSID
09-21-2010, 11:12 PM
Can someone tell me what is required to get the achievement "I Didn't Train To Be A Pilot"?

I think I have a clue, but I'm not sure. In the 8th missions while you're flying around in the falcon from waypoint to waypoint there will be several ball turrets on rooftops around the city that shoot kinda whitish balls of plasma at you if you get too close. Blow up 3 of them before the mission ends.

CMCX360
09-22-2010, 02:12 AM
Ah, thanks much.

Subzero323
09-22-2010, 04:59 AM
I am just wondering do you have to beat the game on solo legendary one level after another or since i beat mission 9 to get "tank beats everything" on legendary solo i dont have to do that level and i can pretty much choose any levels to get solo legendary????

Boostme
09-22-2010, 07:27 AM
I have no idea on how to get to Score attack achievement. description says score 15,000 points in Score Attack Firefight Matchmaking. plz tell me which settings i need to go and the easiest possible way to achieve this. it seems like everyone on my friends list already have this acheivement

EDIT: DONE

Subzero323
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
dude simple go to firefight matchmaking find some peeps and get 15000 points all together, very easy pick rocket fight and its done deal.

ni9ht_5ta1k3r
09-22-2010, 09:19 AM
i got it in my first go in the sniper attack gametype on corvette. why? your sniper rifle has infinite ammo and your targets go from grunts to jackals, brutes, elites, and hunters: the bigger the targets the more you score. plus if you get multi-kills and anything that adds towards your commendations it's also good.

it actually unlocked while i was still playing the game.

stevivor
09-22-2010, 11:29 PM
I am just wondering do you have to beat the game on solo legendary one level after another or since i beat mission 9 to get "tank beats everything" on legendary solo i dont have to do that level and i can pretty much choose any levels to get solo legendary????

You can do the levels on Legendary (in one sitting per each level, of course) in any order you want. The achievement will unlock once they're all completed (well, levels 2-10, really...).

chaoticthirty3
09-22-2010, 11:52 PM
YouTube - Halo Reach: How to get every Halo Reach Firefight Achievement PLUS a Avatar Award

chaoticthirty3
09-23-2010, 01:07 AM
YouTube - Halo Reach: How to get every Halo Reach Firefight Achievement PLUS a Avatar Award

vans
09-23-2010, 11:50 PM
any thoughts on "they came to hear me beg? i have landed on and assassinated the elite on pillar of autumn at least 15 times from varying heights of turning off sprint and nothing...no unlock.

ChiefBurner_3_SE
09-24-2010, 12:38 PM
Yes I always had Grunt Birthday on, I love the sound :D

What I meant is like having Cowbell, Grunt Birthday and IWHBYD skulls. Will that prevent me from getting the achievement or am I good?

VIPER PILOT
09-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Yes, same thing happened to me and I checked my game history at my Bungie profile and it said I killed 29 Moa (since I had 29 H.Ryan Memorial medals) during my Legendary playthrough on the 2nd mission and I also didn't get on any drivable vehicle during this playthrough but got the achievement "They've Always Been Faster". Its my 2nd time doing the 2nd mission, the first time I didn't know I was doing the 2nd mission, I restarted my campaign on Legendary and completed the 2nd mission.:( Also, I'm playing by myself and so did my friend and he got it.:confused:

I'm gonna complete the campaign on Legendary before Saturday and then work on the other achievements.:uzi:Hopefully, I will get the 7 moa kill achievement ("Keep it Clean") when I re-do the 2nd mission after I finish my Legendary playthrough.

I had the same problem, until I killed 7 Moa with the same life, i.e. don't die or it resets, and then it popped. :drunk

VIPER PILOT
09-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Can someone please let me know what the hell this one is, (If They came to Hear Me Beg). Perform an assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would've been fatal?! I have absolutely no idea wtf it is about, most of them I have in the bag, some firefights to do (switching on skulls is the way forward there), if anyone needs any help or advice with the ones I have completed justtap me up and I'll sort you out. I can't find any where on here that describes how to get the one above though. (I could google it but my kapersky update will kick in soon and I can't be assed, besides this place makes me feel all warm and fluffy inside) Ta. :drunk

I F A R T I
09-24-2010, 11:35 PM
Can someone please let me know what the hell this one is, (If They came to Hear Me Beg). Perform an assassination against an Elite to survive a fall that would've been fatal?! I have absolutely no idea wtf it is about, most of them I have in the bag, some firefights to do (switching on skulls is the way forward there), if anyone needs any help or advice with the ones I have completed justtap me up and I'll sort you out. I can't find any where on here that describes how to get the one above though. (I could google it but my kapersky update will kick in soon and I can't be assed, besides this place makes me feel all warm and fluffy inside) Ta. :drunk

At the start of the tenth mission, Pillar of Autumn, run forward to the first cliff and look down. You should see an elite standing around. What you have to do is jump off and assassinate the elite before hitting the ground and dying. However, the achievement has been known to unlock very, very, very randomly and could take anywhere from 1-100+ tries

DMR baggage
09-25-2010, 01:44 AM
What I meant is like having Cowbell, Grunt Birthday and IWHBYD skulls. Will that prevent me from getting the achievement or am I good?
Your fine mate it really doesn't matter =)

DMR baggage
09-25-2010, 01:46 AM
Has anyone else experienced achievements which you fulfill the criteria but then don't get the achievements, for me it's, "Two Corpes one Grave" and "Banshees, fast and low" if so do you know if they will be fixed soon?

KronikonE
09-25-2010, 04:50 AM
I have just noticed that I have 31 Achievements unlocked, but my achievement score says I only have 30...and when I count the images for each one there are 31...has anyone else had this happen?

JonnyEKC
09-26-2010, 03:50 AM
The single player lengendary achievement is a joke, I personally thought that the campain in coop was way harder then the single player.. maybe Im just to good at legendary, or bungie needs to step up their game...

ReverendSID
09-26-2010, 05:13 AM
The single player lengendary achievement is a joke, I personally thought that the campain in coop was way harder then the single player.. maybe Im just to good at legendary, or bungie needs to step up their game... The campaign in co-op IS harder than it is solo. They difficulty scales based on how many players there are. More enemies, more life, that kinda thing. So yeah, 4 player co-op legendary is a hell of alot harder than single player legendary. But you also have 3 people to back you up, whereas solo it's all down to your own skill. Or patience with checkpoints.

G4M3R V1C
09-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Reach Corporal achievement is glitchy. When I checked the achievement list with all the games it said 46 of 49 achievements. Then if I check the actual Halo: Reach achievements, it said 47 of 49 unlocked. I tallied up the numbers and the corporal achievement wasn't included into my gamerscore. All you have to do if this happens is recover your Gamertag.

Chaos MAN
09-29-2010, 08:29 PM
I have just noticed that I have 31 Achievements unlocked, but my achievement score says I only have 30...and when I count the images for each one there are 31...has anyone else had this happen? Recover your gamertag and it will fix this problem.

Wepwaet
10-06-2010, 06:29 AM
What do ya'll think the next 10 achievements for Reach will be?
Bungie hasn't said anything about them, but in an image posted during one of the weekly updates, it clearly shows "Halo Reach: Score 0 of 1250 and 0 of 59 achievements" and currently there's only 49.
http://www.bungie.net/images/Games/Reach/launchintel/inline/installtoHDD/02.jpg
Rumors on UnderNet have been saying that there will be DLC and Map pack coming sometime late October, but what does everyone think that the new Achievements could be?

Agent Fritz
10-07-2010, 04:24 PM
Quick question - can the Gods Must Be Strong (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../game/halo-reach/achievement/42322-Gods-Must-Be-Strong.html) achievement be done with a mix of solo and co-op campaigns?

m4milo
10-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Has anyone wondered why the "Complete a Weekly Challenge" achievement is called One Down, 51 To Go? I don't know, but I'm very suspiscious of the name. Maybe Bungie has something planned for completing 52 Weekly Challenges. Maybe another helmet, or a Vidmaster achievement. We'll see.

Matt Tao
10-08-2010, 05:39 PM
Haha true man, how many looked up walkthroughs and help? Which Halo has the hardest Legendary settings...that is the question now

Wepwaet
10-09-2010, 06:43 AM
Has anyone wondered why the "Complete a Weekly Challenge" achievement is called One Down, 51 To Go? I don't know, but I'm very suspiscious of the name. Maybe Bungie has something planned for completing 52 Weekly Challenges. Maybe another helmet, or a Vidmaster achievement. We'll see.

It's Called that because there are 52 weeks in a year... therefor you completed one(1) week and now have 51 more weeks to go...

theMahl3r
10-11-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm having trouble getting "Skunked!", but maybe it's just because I don't have any patience. I'd prefer to boost, but I think I just need to keep playing invasion and hope the other team really sucks.

I did finish "A Monument to All Your Sins" yesterday without too much trouble. Sure, I died my fair share of times, but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

Once I get "Skunked!", all I'll need is "Make It Rain" and BAM! 100%.

Scott84
10-11-2010, 07:35 PM
Score Attack Achievement Help! :)

I noticed alot of people saying play rocketfight, but that never ever comes up for me, even when I hit none of the above for the maps.

I always end up with 12-13000 points. I have played on different levels with different options like snipers, grunts, etc. I see varying opinions on the best way to go.

Is rocketfight only available if you are playing with other people?

Im fairly confident I have to get the 15,000 points myself and not as team points.

Any pointers?

kennyubasterd00
10-12-2010, 12:47 AM
Score Attack Achievement Help! :)

I noticed alot of people saying play rocketfight, but that never ever comes up for me, even when I hit none of the above for the maps.

I always end up with 12-13000 points. I have played on different levels with different options like snipers, grunts, etc. I see varying opinions on the best way to go.

Is rocketfight only available if you are playing with other people?

Im fairly confident I have to get the 15,000 points myself and not as team points.

Any pointers?
Play coopertive firefight (not score attack, it'll still unlock), you will get above 15k almost 95% of the time as it's ur teams accumulative score that is used to unlock the achievement. Sniperfight and Rocketfight are easiest, I've gotten over 20k many times.

Scott84
10-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the info!

I will try it tonight!

:woop:

MarleyMon81
10-12-2010, 02:35 PM
Had a few questions regarding the "If they came to hear me beg" achievement.

I was messing with this achievement last night after I finished the campaign and had a question. As I'm making my desent from my jump with spring off, do I tap or hold RB to perform the assassination?

Also, am I to land directly on the Elite or do I have to land slightly behind him?

Thanks for any clarification.

kennyubasterd00
10-13-2010, 12:11 AM
Had a few questions regarding the "If they came to hear me beg" achievement.

I was messing with this achievement last night after I finished the campaign and had a question. As I'm making my desent from my jump with spring off, do I tap or hold RB to perform the assassination?

Also, am I to land directly on the Elite or do I have to land slightly behind him?

Thanks for any clarification.

You have to land behind him. Aim between his right elbow and right foot when you swing and hold in RB for the extended assassination. If it doesnt work just revert to last checkpoint as the achievement is very, very picky and might not unlock even if you did do the assassination.

calvinkid2
10-13-2010, 01:25 AM
What if they made an achivement that makes you rank up to inheritor?

Drake O'Phile
10-13-2010, 01:28 AM
Then the ratio for it on TrueAchievements would be crazy.

Unluckyclover
10-13-2010, 01:29 AM
What if they made an achievement requiring you to play the game for a MILLION hours?

Kraderic
10-13-2010, 01:30 AM
Trust me, they won't. If they had the stupid idea to make getting to Inheritor an achievement, it would increase the amount of boosters and glitchers tenfold (or more).

White Lama
10-13-2010, 02:03 AM
If they did, I'd get it.

That's just me, I need to 100% Halo games :P

Damn Halo Wars xD

Cyler12
10-13-2010, 02:21 AM
If they did, I'd get it.

That's just me, I need to 100% Halo games :P

Damn Halo Wars xD

haha Halo Wars fail on general achievement. i was so happy when i got that

Th3 Apache Dog
10-13-2010, 03:03 AM
I would just go offline and boost easy credits there. That's way too much time I would need to dedicate for one achievement.

Pixo
10-13-2010, 03:11 AM
I don't think even Bungie would do that. Less than 1% of the community would probably have it... Maybe 0.2%. I'm hoping they're not doing that at least, I want to try to 100% this game and there's no way I'm getting to Inheritor.

Jordbrett
10-13-2010, 06:44 AM
I thought about this too. I may be wrong but inheritor is 20 million credits. We've all played for three weeks or so and gotten 500,000 credits. For those that play this like a COD or Halo 3 once the double xp playlist shows up and credit limit is lifted it should only take A few years! I really hope they don't do this 0 gs or not!

KNIGHTOFSERA
10-13-2010, 07:08 AM
I doubt it....it would be the rarest achievement ever probably....I mean I cant even fathom the number of hours needed......but ill try

if you use gruntocolypse giving you 1k a match that would be 20k matches, at 10 minutes each that would be 2000000 minutes which would be 3333 hrs which is 138.8 full days........so about 1/3 of a year without breaks......insanity, and people though Gears 2 lvl 100 was a long grind

there are going to 5 people in the world who get this legit........Halo 10 will come out by the time they get it

XxMohawkianxX
10-13-2010, 07:19 AM
Recruit – 0 cR
Private – 7,500 cR
Corporal – 10,000 cR (+2,500 cR)
Corporal Grade 1 – 15,000 cR (+5,000 cR)
Sergeant – 20,000 cR (+5,000 cR)
Sergeant Grade 1 – 26,250 cR (+6,250 cR)
Sergeant Grade 2 – 32,500 cR (+6,250 cR)
Warrant Officer – 45,000 cR (+12,500 cR)
Warrant Officer Grade 1 – 78,000 cR (+33,000 cR)
Warrant Officer Grade 2 – 111,000 cR (+33,000 cR)
Warrant Officer Grade 3 – 144,000 cR (+33000 cR)
Captain – 210,000 cR (+66,000 cR)
Captain Grade 1 – 233,000 cR (+23,000 cR)
Captain Grade 2 – 256,000 cR (+23,000 cR)
Captain Grade 3 – 279,000 cR (+23,000 cR)
Major – 325,000 cR (+46,000 cR)
Major Grade 1 – 350,000 cR (+25,000 cR)
Major Grade 2 – 375,000 cR (+25,000 cR)
Major Grade 3 – 400,000 cR (+25,000 cR)
Lt. Colonel – 450,000 cR (+50,000 cR)
Lt. Colonel Grade 1 – 480,000 cR (+30,000 cR)
Lt. Colonel Grade 2 – 510,000 cR (+30,000 cR)
Lt. Colonel Grade 3 – 540,000 cR (+30,000 cR)
Commander – 600,000 cR (+60,000 cR)
Commander Grade 1 –650,000 cR (+50,000 cR)
Commander Grade 2 – 700,000 cR (+50,000 cR)
Commander Grade 3 – 750,000 (+50,000 cR)
Colonel – 850,000 cR (+100,000 cR)
Colonel Grade 1 – 960,000 cR (+110,000 cR)
Colonel Grade 2 – 1,070,000 cR (+110,000 cR)
Colonel Grade 3 – 1,180,000 cR (+110,000 cR)
Brigadier – 1,400,000 cR (+220,000 cR)
Brigadier Grade 1 – 1,520,000 cR (+120,000 cR)
Brigadier Grade 2 – 1,640,000 cR (+120,000 cR)
Brigadier Grade 3 – 1,760,000 cR (+120,000 cR)
General – 2,000,000 cR (+240,000 cR)
General Grade 1 – 2,200,000 cR (+200,000 cR)
General Grade 2 – 2,350,000 cR (+150,000 cR)
General Grade 3 – 2,500,000 cR (+150,000 cR)
General Grade 4 – 2,650,000 cR (+150,000 cR)
Field Marshall – 3,000,000 cR (+350,000 cR)
Hero – 3,700,000 cR (+700,000 cR)
Legend – 4,600,000 cR (+900,000 cR)
Mythic – 5,650,000 cR (+1,050,000 cR)
Noble – 7,000,000 cR (+1,350,000 cR)
Eclipse – 8,500,000 cR (+1,500,000 cR)
Nova – 11,000,000 cR (+2,500,000 cR)
Forerunner – 13,000,000 cR (+2,000,000 cR)
Reclaimer – 16,500,000 cR (+3,500,000 cR)
Inheritor – 20,000,000 cR (+3,500,000 cR)

Hand of Blood52
10-13-2010, 07:35 AM
I would try to get it but probably won't and i'm pretty sure Bungie will do some stuff so we can get A LOT of cR because really if you hit the cap every day you would need to play over a year DAILY and hitting the cap which would be pretty difficult.

MDevil21
10-13-2010, 07:54 AM
yeah noone would have it i get about 30-60k a day it would take forever

TJ CKY
10-13-2010, 08:24 AM
Eh..

they could do the same thing G.R.A.W did.. (reach no.1 on the multiplayer leaderboard)
if anyone's seen that

Never played the game myself but i saw the cheevos for it

kennyubasterd00
10-13-2010, 12:41 PM
I doubt it....it would be the rarest achievement ever probably....I mean I cant even fathom the number of hours needed......but ill try

if you use gruntocolypse giving you 1k a match that would be 20k matches, at 10 minutes each that would be 2000000 minutes which would be 3333 hrs which is 138.8 full days........so about 1/3 of a year without breaks......insanity, and people though Gears 2 lvl 100 was a long grind

there are going to 5 people in the world who get this legit........Halo 10 will come out by the time they get it
Might wanna redo your math there buddy, it's 20 mil cR not 2mil. :eek:

Edit: Wait your math is right, just a typo. :p

abstract1620
10-13-2010, 02:34 PM
what if they made an achievement for making stupid threads on our forum?

Headshot Zeetie
10-13-2010, 02:40 PM
What if they made an achievement requiring you to play the game for a MILLION hours?
you would get it on the way to the rank of inheritor

kennyubasterd00
10-13-2010, 02:51 PM
you would get it on the way to the rank of inheritor No, you'd get it on your way to Field Marshall :p

Inheritor would take 100 mil hours+ :biglaugh

what if they made an achievement for making stupid threads on our forum?
Congrats! You just got the "I R Troll" achievement for 10:gsicon:!

Snoop QC
10-13-2010, 07:10 PM
It would be unlikely because less than 1% of people who this game would get it. I think they're gonna put achievements like do x kills on x map or something like that.

Hamburgerous
10-13-2010, 07:33 PM
Well, 20,000,000 credits with a credit cap of 60k credits a day is going to take 334 days. Sack that.

Addicted Azn
10-14-2010, 03:42 AM
That's only less than one year IF they actually get the 60k cap every day. hahaha. BUt hopefully double cr weekends and etc will help with that.

mjpartyboy
10-26-2010, 06:50 PM
I finally got my last Achievement today: Make It Rain. I went for the black visor and kissed goodbye to 100,000 cR. Looks good though.

Has anyone seen Inclement Weather in action yet? I don't think I'll ever get enough cR to get that.

Periodhead
10-27-2010, 11:12 AM
I've only got one achievement left, and it's make it rain :(
It's not too bad though, the daily challenges definately help

kennyubasterd00
10-27-2010, 01:26 PM
I've only got one achievement left, and it's make it rain :(
It's not too bad though, the daily challenges definately help
You can always try this if you don't mind shortcuts.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=262215

Cyberfire
10-28-2010, 01:50 PM
Finally 1000ed it today, it's a shame DLC is coming along to ruin that. D:

VIPER PILOT
11-09-2010, 12:52 PM
At the start of the tenth mission, Pillar of Autumn, run forward to the first cliff and look down. You should see an elite standing around. What you have to do is jump off and assassinate the elite before hitting the ground and dying. However, the achievement has been known to unlock very, very, very randomly and could take anywhere from 1-100+ tries

Awesome nice one, i'll be back to thank you properly after say try 75 then or somethink. Nice one. ;)

KiErAn 555
11-09-2010, 06:37 PM
I've got one achievement left, "make it rain" obviously. Currently at major grade 3 so not far to go :woop: Then I'll have to go for the map pack achievements... hopefully won't be too hard.

VCNewsun
11-18-2010, 09:03 PM
I've got one achievement left, "make it rain" obviously. Currently at major grade 3 so not far to go :woop: Then I'll have to go for the map pack achievements... hopefully won't be too hard.

Well, the map pack achievements are up on Bungie.net. They are pretty easy, I'm pretty sure I've done at least 6/7 of them.

Offensive Driver
Earn a kill in a matchmade Rocket Race game.
Date Earned: Locked

Poppin' & Lockin'
Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.

Totally Worth It
Earn a Double Kill from the Grave in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Cross-Mappin'
Kill a player at long range with the DMR in a matchmade Slayer game.

You Ate All the Chips
Collect all of the flags in a matchmade Stockpile game.

Both Barrels
Earn a Double Kill with the shotgun in multiplayer Matchmaking.

You Blew It Up!
Blow up the research facility in a matchmade Invasion game on Breakpoint.

Morgutak
11-20-2010, 12:14 PM
So, I was playing it 2 nights ago and made it until the comms station on Sword Base - went to bed. Yesterday, I wanted to continue...but it put me back to the very start of the level when I picked "Continue Campaign". I was a bit confused and picked "Rally Point B" as starting point...yet, no achievement in the end, all on Legendary. However, I can play the 4th mission now.

I can't remember that it wasn't possible to save during a mission in ODST and Halo 3, uh?