PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
06-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

Daiphyer.
03-13-2010, 10:01 AM
The challenges in the game are supposed to be achievements too. Also in the GT's footage it's shown that they have an achievement tracker, he got an achievement while playing too.
They're mostly like "Take out X amount of players with (Shunt, Mine, etc)

Convas
03-14-2010, 03:29 PM
Yeah I'm expecting some "Do X amounts of Shunts, Barges, Shields" achievements. I'm also thinking they'll be leveling up achievements too because their are 50 Ranks, and that's just a gold mine for Developers. I'm hoping against all hope that they don't have any "Win Every Track of Every Mode". There might also be a "Wreck X amount of Cars" or "Get X amount of Fans".

Daiphyer.
03-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Yep. I have high hopes for the achievement list considering the PGR achievement list is the best Racing game achievement list in Xbox 360. Hands down.

zZJOHNJUNIORZz
04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
Just checked out the acheivments and from what i have experienced in the BETA none of them should be too difficult (Don't know about single player obv.) it seems like this could be a reasonably easy 1000G.

Masterbelg
04-24-2010, 02:41 PM
Only the 'Somebody stop me' achievement (complete all primary lights on hard) seems to be hard, don't know what primary lights are.., and giant killer, photo finish and this time it's personal are just lucky achievements, especially photo finish. Besides these 4 achievements it looks easy.

Barad
04-26-2010, 01:27 PM
They look fun and easy.

Masterbelg
04-30-2010, 10:54 AM
Too bad there aren't any real fun achievements like in pgr4, where for example you had to knock somebody's wing mirrors off the car for 20gs =D

Glenster
05-26-2010, 04:40 AM
I wonder what the website achievement is? I went on the site and there is nothing to find.

milecoupe
05-27-2010, 05:55 AM
I wonder what the website achievement is? I went on the site and there is nothing to find.

I heard its for finishing single player and it pops up but i'm not 100% sure on this.

JohnnyRogue24
05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I heard its for finishing single player and it pops up but i'm not 100% sure on this.

Wonder why the description says that then? :confused:

Barad
05-29-2010, 11:19 AM
Must say, some of these multiplayer ones just look stupid, and finishing 0.1 secs ahead of someone? what the hell thats pure luck!? which ain't fair.

JohnnyRogue24
05-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Must say, some of these multiplayer ones just look stupid, and finishing 0.1 secs ahead of someone? what the hell thats pure luck!? which ain't fair.

There are a handful of hard achievements in the game, but the one with finishing 0.1 seconds ahead of someone ain't as hard as it sounds. This was acutally one of the first MP achievments I got. You don't have to win the race to get this one, you just have to be side by side with another opponent crossing the finishing line. Just keep playing and you should have it.

Barad
05-29-2010, 06:54 PM
There are a handful of hard achievements in the game, but the one with finishing 0.1 seconds ahead of someone ain't as hard as it sounds. This was acutally one of the first MP achievments I got. You don't have to win the race to get this one, you just have to be side by side with another opponent crossing the finishing line. Just keep playing and you should have it.

Thanks for the tip, yhh I guess their not that hard, requires a lot of patience and time for some of them I guess. All good.

EDIT: Just got the 0.1 second finish, was very lucky and tight. Got it on my third race! :D

COOKIE X
05-31-2010, 08:51 PM
I thought somebody would have asked this but I couldn't find the answer so I will ask it here. For some achievements you have to use an X ammount of powerups, for example 250 barge attacks. But I was wondering if you can still get the achievement after you go in legend mode. Say the situation is this, with the following requirements:
Barge 250 cars
Barge 3 cars at once
Barge someone into water or off a cliff
Barge an incoming attack

Say I have 200 barge attacks and I have completed all the other requirements for the achievement/sticker. When you go in Legend mode all the challenges will be reset, but I thought the stickers won't. There are some other achievement which I'm getting close to so I was wondering if I could go in Legend mode right away or if I had to wait for it and complete these challenges first. I'm also close to the "challenger" achievement and I don't think I will get the "Ultimate Comeback Challenge" a second time. So if this also resets for the achievement I will just wait with going into Legend mode.

In short: Do you have to achieve all the following points in one playthrough for the achievement?

JohnnyRogue24
05-31-2010, 09:23 PM
I thought somebody would have asked this but I couldn't find the answer so I will ask it here. For some achievements you have to use an X ammount of powerups, for example 250 barge attacks. But I was wondering if you can still get the achievement after you go in legend mode. Say the situation is this, with the following requirements:
Barge 250 cars
Barge 3 cars at once
Barge someone into water or off a cliff
Barge an incoming attack

Say I have 200 barge attacks and I have completed all the other requirements for the achievement/sticker. When you go in Legend mode all the challenges will be reset, but I thought the stickers won't. There are some other achievement which I'm getting close to so I was wondering if I could go in Legend mode right away or if I had to wait for it and complete these challenges first. I'm also close to the "challenger" achievement and I don't think I will get the "Ultimate Comeback Challenge" a second time. So if this also resets for the achievement I will just wait with going into Legend mode.

In short: Do you have to achieve all the following points in one playthrough for the achievement?

I can confirm, no you do not have to have everything completed before going into Legend mode. I didn't have all of my Mine parts done for the achievment and got them after I went into legend(I only needed 3 more hotshots).

COOKIE X
05-31-2010, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the fast reply, good to hear you don't have to do them all at once.

I am the batdan
07-06-2010, 01:50 AM
Can the "win a hardcore race" or "go from 1st to last to 1st" (part of the All Rounder I think) or challenges be done in private boosting matches?

If so, any takers to get some done?

Radioactive Microbe
08-09-2010, 01:17 AM
I have deemed the fan target in Event 5 in Ruthless aggresion impossible.

kiewitcity
08-13-2010, 11:40 AM
how to avoid your own shock in carvers one on one ?????????

i tried it a lot of times ,nothing works ...there are now schields at that race....