PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Discussion

Krazie
06-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Discuss the achievements, when they are revealed, in this thread.

tastefulmrship
10-15-2009, 09:00 AM
The achievements for this Episode are slightly harder than the previous two! The notable hardies are:

Ave a Biscuit Miss Flitt (It's not as simple as just offering her a single biccy!)
Taste Tester Dibbins (Five flavours are easy to find, the last one isn't!)
Wallaceism (You have to complete the game in a 'certain way' for him to say the last 'Heaven's Above!')

All three of which are still baffling me as I write, especially WALLACEISM!

Still, they'll all be mega-uber-simple once someone ruins everyone's fun by releasing an Achievement Walkthrough. "Dang & dang again" to such a scoundrel! ^_^

IEvil IMonkey
10-15-2009, 05:10 PM
I wouldnt stress over Ep3 achieves yet mate.........
..........we need Ep2 to come out 1st and if thats really out in Nov then this (Ep3) may be out some time near easter knowin these fools!!!

tastefulmrship
10-17-2009, 07:19 AM
I wouldnt stress over Ep3 achieves yet mate.........
..........we need Ep2 to come out 1st and if thats really out in Nov then this (Ep3) may be out some time near easter knowin these fools!!!

Unofficial word (read: Chinese Whispers) is that both Episodes are coming out in November.

There's also no confirmation of who held the Episodes back in the first place, but according to online blurb (read: Seriously Unreliable Information), it looks like it was TellTale Games themselves. Maybe they're going to spring Episode 4 on us as well, at the same time!

Then... TALES OF MONKEY ISLAND or STRONG BAD on XBLA? Possibly not after the very poor initial sales of SAM & MAX SEASON 2 and the, slightly better but still poor, sales of SEASON 1 & WALLACE & GROMIT #1.
The adventure genre is truly dead to the console generation. (R.I.P.) Thank the God/Gods/Chaos Theory* for PC gaming! Long may it live!

(* Delete as applicable)

tastefulmrship
11-05-2009, 06:57 AM
My original notes for those wanting to write an Achievement Guide, but need a little helping hand to get started;

Memory Lane 10
Find an artifact from "A Close Shave".
- Preston's Dog Food (Chapter 2, when Gromit is trapped in the Muzzler)

Clone A Cone 15
Plato's theory of cones.
- Use an ice-cream cone with the Infiniflavour.

Mmm... Cheese! 15
Find and eat this episode's "mystery cheese".
- Norbury Blue, in the bin (Chapter 3)

Home Wrecker 15
Expose Duncan's plagiarism!
- Give "hair" fortune to Mr. Paneer (Chapter 3)

Cheer Up Mr. Paneer 15
Try to cheer up Paneer.
- Give the balloon to Mr. Paneer when you've beaten the Bubblegum Counter Machine

Ave a Biscuit Miss Flitt 15
A biscuit Miss Flitt! To take the edge off!
- Give the box of biscuits to Felicity Flitt four times. (Chapter 1)

Taste Tester Dibbins 15
P'raps the Constable would fancy an ice cream or six?
- Pie ice cream
- Ice cream flavoured ice cream
- Fried ice cream
- Bird seed ice cream
- Gum ice cream
- Fish flavoured ice cream

Wallaceism 20
Hear Wallace say "Heaven's above!" in four situations!
- Use the lever on the Infiniflavour. (Chapter 1)
- Complete Gromit's section. (Chapter 3)
- Eat the cheese in the bin as Wallace. (Chapter 3)
- Just before picking up the AIR TANK at the very end of the game, Interact with Wallace. (You might find this easier with the D-PAD rather than the Right Thumbstick. Thanks to vl Demon lv) (Chapter 4)