PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Help... xbox problem.

Darth Heyburt
06-06-2009, 11:27 PM
My sister left the disc tray open and cut the power to the xbox. Now the disc tray closed, yet will not open anymore... the powerlight is constantly flashing and my Fifa is trapped in this broken xbox. Has anyone encountered this? (not specifically just the disc tray part)

Also she claims she won't pay for a new one or repair.... so I am going to do 279.99 worth of damage to her car. Does anyone think this is unreasonable.

jukkakhan
06-06-2009, 11:36 PM
If you remove the faceplate, there should be a small hole near the disc drive, that's the manual eject button. You should be able to stick a paperclip in there to eject the tray and get your disc out.

I don't think it would be totally broken because of that, is your warranty expired? And as far as damaging her car, don't do it. Take the high road man.

Edit: Follow this for more detailed instructions:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906935

iKiddo
06-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Take a hammer and start tapping her wind shield aka the big one at the front .. I am not a car person .. Say you will keep damaging it till she pays up.

Jethrow
06-06-2009, 11:37 PM
well thats right shity man. Look, when my machine just had the rrod, when they were getting my info for sending me the prepaid box, one of the last questions they asked was if i could remove my game from the console because if not they could tell me how to do this if there was no power. I didn't have this problem but it shows that their must be a way. Call MS but of course don't tell them the thing with your sister. Just say you tried to play a game but you couldn't open it, and dont' say you even touched the machine. Is your machine vertical or horizonal, maybe switching it could help. If it were me i'd try to flip the machine upside down then rightside up again and try to open it. Let us know how it works for you

Darth Heyburt
06-07-2009, 12:04 AM
nope its fucked... pure and simple..

won't open manually, won't stop flashing as if it were opening.

great.

also this bigger man nonsense.... 279.99 of equipment broken and i'm supposed to swallow this and move on?

fuck that.

martnic
06-07-2009, 10:26 AM
My sister left the disc tray open and cut the power to the xbox. Now the disc tray closed, yet will not open anymore... the powerlight is constantly flashing and my Fifa is trapped in this broken xbox. Has anyone encountered this? (not specifically just the disc tray part)

Also she claims she won't pay for a new one or repair.... so I am going to do 279.99 worth of damage to her car. Does anyone think this is unreasonable.

I think someone's not telling the whole story in what you say.

The 360 is designed to close its tray when the power is turned off, unless it's a complete power cut.
So it should'nt get the 'Open Tray' error unless it was forced closed.
Saying that though some of the older 360's did have that problem if they were closed with no disc in them(I've got one).

Try using the emergency opening hole with the power turned off, then place a dud cd/dvd on it and then turn the power on(with tray open).
Now try using the Eject button a few time to see if that fixed it.

ZedChuva
06-07-2009, 10:45 AM
:woop::Bounce:LOW ROAD! LOW ROAD! LOW ROAD! LOW ROAD! :Bounce::woop:

pinksheets
06-07-2009, 10:51 AM
2 questions:

1. Does she have an iPod?

2. Do you have a toaster?

Thanks.

CaptainSpanner
06-07-2009, 11:14 AM
that happened to my friend about a week ago. he manually ejected it and an hour or so later it started working again? i dont know if its suppost to.

CyberSh3ff
06-07-2009, 11:23 AM
yeah my mate did that and he did the manual thing and it worked.

dont let her go near you xbox again lmao.

Jethrow
06-07-2009, 12:09 PM
2 questions:

Thanks.

LOLOLOL, man that would be awsome

Rowey 94
06-07-2009, 12:25 PM
I Would Just Get Violent And Headbut Her Then Rob Her Purse. :)

Iregore
06-07-2009, 12:26 PM
2 questions:

Thanks.

What might you be suggesting? Sit down to some toast while listening to some good music. Sounds like a fine suggestion to me.

hitman08
06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Dont cause 279.99 damage to her car cause 2799.99 of damage to her car or flush her ipod down the toilet if she has one.

BigFellaJake
06-07-2009, 07:32 PM
Dont cause 279.99 damage to her car cause 2799.99 of damage to her car or flush her ipod down the toilet if she has one.

What's with the ipod hate? If you don't want to damage the car just let the air out her tyres, chances are if you do it before she drives off the tyres will be flat as she's to far away to do anything about it :D

Simzo
06-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Sounds like it's pretty fucked, I say you slash all her tires, they can cost a hefty amount to replace.

Demonhunter21
06-07-2009, 07:40 PM
If she has a car remove all the seats and burn them.
If she has a car enter it into a demolition derby or something
If she has a car fill it with toilet roll, ask her for the money for the xbox and the toilet roll, evry time she says no move a home made flamethrower closer to it.

Revolver
06-07-2009, 07:51 PM
No man, fuck that!
Wreck her car!
If she's gonna bitch about no paying for your xbox then she deserves whatever you intend to do to her.