PDA

View Full Version : Bit of an obscure question, maybe.

DigitalFury
06-07-2009, 03:27 AM
Okay, so recently my Xbox has been REALLY slow loading things on my dashboard. Things that used to take no time at all to load like the pictures in the game demos section or events section just show up blank for about 5 seconds and then finally load. Accepting friend requests takes like 4-5 seconds, seriously, just everything takes so long. Is this just my Xbox or is this an issue with Xbox Live being especially busy lately? If it matters at all, I've noticed that my profile has swelled to the 10MB size (To compare, my wife's is only 700KB)... could that have something to do with it? If so, is there a way to reduce it?

Let's see, what other info would be potentially useful? I have a 120GB HDD with UFC, Red Faction Guerilla, Bully, about 7 arcade games and 6 CDs all installed. I regularly clear my cache, usually 2 times a week, my xbox is in good condition; regularly dusted, never moved with discs in it, good ventilation. That's all the info I can think that would be helpful.

KNUCKS x360a
06-07-2009, 03:35 AM
Mine does this all the time when I have too many updates in my Cache & less than about 45Gb of space left on the HDD.
Sticks on Msg's, takes 30 seconds to send Msg's & all of that..

I delete some games/demo's etc off my HDD so its around 50Gb & clear my cache (Y X X LB RB X X), and it always seems to clear it right up...

jason86586
06-07-2009, 04:22 AM
u clear ur cache two times a week?

thats a bit extreme i think

N-Forced
06-07-2009, 04:31 AM
yea lately mines been laggy also, but i just figured live was having some problems.

Revolver
06-07-2009, 08:42 AM
I believe this is a regular thing for most of us.
I know I have experienced this and it doesn't really bother me.
As for the size of your HDD, I have the one the 360 came with and it acts just the same when it was empty as it does now that I have only 1GB left.
Don't worry about it.

dakisbac
06-07-2009, 08:44 AM
I've got a 20 GB HD with like 350 MB left and haven't cleared the cache in a while- I'm not having any problems.

CyberSh3ff
06-07-2009, 08:51 AM
yeah mine is sometimes slow loading things up, like yesterday when i went on the amrket place i click on CoD WaW and it took ages to load the list of what i could download

KIDDRAGON67
06-07-2009, 09:02 AM
this happend to me awhile ago but eventually it went away because i went through and deleted about 60gb worth of random stuff i had installed and dl'd lol

Sweenaldo 1985
06-07-2009, 01:11 PM
It always does it on the marketplace for me. I click a game and it takes ages for the list of content to appear.

Has been like this since the NXE installed, so am assuming its something to do with that.

DigitalFury
06-07-2009, 10:17 PM
I'm really happy this isn't something happening to just me. I figured my Xbox was about to RRoD again. Maybe Live is going through some updates or something. Either way, thanks for the responses.

Razzattack99
06-07-2009, 10:19 PM
mine always does this too - i think it's changing games too frequently and re-aquiring updates that causes the loss of speed

CaptainSpanner
06-07-2009, 10:27 PM
sorry to come off subject..... what is a cache? what does it mean? how do you clear it?

Crimson Ridley
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
CaptainSpammer - To clear your cache just go to System Settings > Memory, press Y on your HDD, then press X-X-LB-RB-X-X and choose Yes. This will clear all updates on your games as when your cache is full it can cause problems.

CaptainSpanner
06-07-2009, 10:40 PM
Callum, im sorry. I just wanted to know what it was and they were talking about it in here, so i thought i'd ask. i looked about first.

PS. i didnt even know that i double posted. i have slow internet.

StephenG70
06-07-2009, 10:48 PM
Mine seems to have all of those symptoms aswell, and I was just wondering what are the disadvantages of clearing your cahche?

Crimson Ridley
06-07-2009, 10:52 PM
Callum, im sorry. I just wanted to know what it was and they were talking about it in here, so i thought i'd ask. i looked about first.

PS. i didnt even know that i double posted. i have slow internet.

No need to apologise, I was just calling you a spammer for asking the same question twice, not because you asked the question itself. :p

To Stephen - The only disadvantage is having to re-update all of your games again, but other than that, there's nothing else.