PDA

View Full Version : Buying Avatar Clothes and Props

ThitherBoot
06-07-2009, 02:14 PM
Honestly! whats the point? Can't they just make it that we unlock it like unlocking achievements.

I just want to see other people opinion on this new feature on the avatars

moshr666
06-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Honestly! whats the point? Can't they just make it that we unlock it like unlocking achievements.

I just want to see other people opinion on this new feature on the avatars

think it be better if you unlock them, gives the games a little extra to shoot for, but knowing microsoft they will prob sell them

Doctor Cortex
06-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Would love to unlock them for attaining certain achievements or completing games. I like getting gamer pictures this way, which in my opinion all games should offer, makes your profile stand out from the majority who use the same generic pictures or clothes.

Peace.

Jiga.Puzzle.5
06-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Why the hell would I buy them?I mean only me and my friends see it,and to be honest I could less how my AVATAR looks.

ThitherBoot
06-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Would love to unlock them for attaining certain achievements or completing games. I like getting gamer pictures this way, which in my opinion all games should offer, makes your profile stand out from the majority who use the same generic pictures or clothes.

Peace.

totally agree with you. be great to have certain props or clothes when unlocking hard achievements that way if the achievement is so hard to get you have the clothes or props to show off, makes you stand out from a majority of gamers.

Rowey 94
06-07-2009, 03:03 PM
If Theres Branded Items Like Nike They Should Be Brought All Other Items Should Be Unlocked.

stevanov
06-07-2009, 04:00 PM
seems a good idea to me. it would be cool if you 1000% a game you can get yourself a t-shirt or something. or some suits from that particular game.

ThitherBoot
06-07-2009, 04:03 PM
seems a good idea to me. it would be cool if you 1000% a game you can get yourself a t-shirt or something. or some suits from that particular game.
maybe for gears 3 if you unlock the next seriously achievement you get the COG/LOCUST outfits. Now that would be cool.

Flips360
06-07-2009, 04:06 PM
or have the option in doing both

I want an Altair costume!

PaNDeMiCZz
06-07-2009, 04:08 PM
I think they should release them more on a regular basis but have some branded apparel to be unlockable by gamescore or 100% a game.

KNUCKS x360a
06-07-2009, 04:12 PM
Hey you guys know they ARE about to start unlocking Avatar gear/accessories in games soon right?!...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-win-avatar-extras-by-playing-games

ThitherBoot
06-07-2009, 04:17 PM
Hey you guys know they ARE about to start unlocking Avatar gear/accessories in games soon right?!...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/e3-win-avatar-extras-by-playing-games
Thanks!!! good to know that its actually gonna happen. :)

KNUCKS x360a
06-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Thanks!!! good to know that its actually gonna happen. :)

I've always been a little disappointed that you couldnt put yr GamerPic on your Avatar T-shirt, like was said in the NXE hype...
That would be a bit more personal than the same cheap-ass Tee's everyone has to wear!..:p

Did anyone else hear that?!.

CyanideBreathMint
06-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I like the idea of unlocking them in games that we play. It's a shame we don't see more games unlock even gamerpics like we've seen in a few games (The Maw, DOOM as examples) more often.

On the flip side, I can see why MS would make a marketplace for selling them too. Business is business when all's said and done...it'd just be a really nice token of gratitude from MS to use, their customers if they left the clothing section free, permanently.

I won't cry over it though it they start charging us for them. Unless it's some wickedly cool or hilarious outfit/costume, I probably won't vote with my wallet.

[Edit] Nope Knuckers, never read that but that would be neat. I just wonder how well it'd show up on our TV's or friends list with them being so small?

The other nice thing about having avatar clothing unlocked in games is, if it's say a particularly rough achievement (a la 'Seriously' from Gears 1), they some of us would be in that 'exclusive' department by having that piece of avatar clothing from the majority of casual games (like myself even). Let's just hope it's not a man thong.

FourChan
06-07-2009, 04:27 PM
No, what your achievements should be used for, like if you get 100 in a game. You should be able to go and buy certain clothes related for that game.

Thegreatest7884
06-07-2009, 04:37 PM
They have no problem giving away gamerpics for free when you get achievements. Why can't we just get clothes now?

bosInFusioN
06-07-2009, 04:40 PM
Would love it if we could unlock them. Or how about each point of gamerscore you earn gets converted to some unique currency for clothing and you buy it with that :p

ThitherBoot
06-07-2009, 04:43 PM
there are some good ideas here maybe we should submit them to microsoft and get paid for it :p

bosInFusioN
06-07-2009, 05:07 PM
there are some good ideas here maybe we should submit them to microsoft and get paid for it :p

Haha :p If you submit anything to micro$oft you sign an agreement stating that from here on in they refer to it as their idea and you get squat :p

KNUCKS x360a
06-07-2009, 05:09 PM
The other nice thing about having avatar clothing unlocked in games is, if it's say a particularly rough achievement (a la 'Seriously' from Gears 1), they some of us would be in that 'exclusive' department by having that piece of avatar clothing from the majority of casual games (like myself even). Let's just hope it's not a man thong.

Now that would be cool! (Nope, not CBM in a man-thong! :eek:) -
I would like a nice "Mile High Club" Ski-Mask for getting that damn Achieve in CoD4!...

They have no problem giving away gamerpics for free when you get achievements. Why can't we just get clothes now?

Money, money, money - mooneeey - Moonaay! (or however the song goes!:p)

Would love it if we could unlock them. Or how about each point of gamerscore you earn gets converted to some unique currency for clothing and you buy it with that :p

That'd work too! Like FourChan was saying, your Ach points for each game, total up towards buying clothes.. Maybe a special suit for getting the 1000?!
That would also give the Completionists/ScoreWhores among us more to compete over! - Who has the most/flyest 1000Point Suits?! :p

06-07-2009, 05:40 PM
My vote is for both. Everyone knows MS will start charging for them I just hope its not a big amount for them.

iKiddo
06-07-2009, 05:41 PM

They do that? Since when?

OOOO your on about that rare eclipse when a game gives you them right?!

Revolver
06-07-2009, 07:05 PM
I go for the ability to buy them.
Also, we should be able to customize the clothes like color shade and style.

Tatanko
06-07-2009, 09:27 PM
I think we should be able to unlock them, but the option should be there to buy them as well for those who do not want to put forth the effort. Except maybe keep a few items exclusive to unlocking or as awards for contests or whatever.