Getting very frustrated!

Luna Saisho

What does it take to get a staff member of this forum to ANSWER a PM or complaint? I have been trying FOR A MONTH to get a simple answer to a small question, an Razzleson no longer wants to help, and he/she is the only mod I personally see on. Considering I cannot find a list of staff members for the forum anywhere, I don't seem to have many options. The staff will not answer, and this is simply unacceptable. I'm not asking too much. I'm not asking for changes. I just want to know why a post of mine was deleted.

I have tried for a month to go through proper channels. I now am resorting to a public post to try to get an answer.

I know this forum has a staff... You delete people's posts. Why not answer them when they come to you nicely asking what's going on?

The staff members are usually very busy with other things on the forum that hold more importance or even with real life matters. There is several staff members and I know for a fact that most will answer you within a day.

As for the reason for them deleting your post, it could have been because of something you said that may have been perceived as inappropriate. It may have been the thread that has been deleted therefore deleting your post along with it.

I don't think there was a need in creating a thread to get their attention. Just seek out a different one other than Razzleson and wait for a reply.

I've searched long and hard to get a simple answer. Razzleson is the only mod I see on the list of who is online and I don't know where to else to find a list of who staff is on this forum.

I know it's a small deal for them, and I believe that they consider it so small as to not do so much as answer the person asking the question. That is unacceptable. I'm not asking for the world, I just want someone to reply to me and tell me what happened, or just to acknowledge that one of their members has asked them a question. Razzleson started answering me, but stopped, and 3 or 4 more PMs later, and I'm being ignored.

I do understand that they have lives and this is a busy forum. I've run forums myself for years, and I do understand. But I *NEVER* completely ignored a user who has had a problem, even when the forum I ran was close to as busy as this one. And I've been ignored for a month.

How do I find any other staff members, and how can anyone expect me to have any respect for staff who does nothing but ignore me?

For a list of staff look on the front page, left hand side - there is a tab there that will take you to a page with all staff listed.

What was your deleted comment regarding? Also is the thread itself still there? As sporadically entire threads are deleted if the content is felt to be inappropriate. The same can be said for any comments deemed to be rude or spam - if you aren't adding something positive to the thread it could well get cut.

I'm only guessing and the fact could well be that razzleson has no idea why your post got axed or who did it, hence his lack of response. It could well be that everyone was too busy with E3 etc to help you. The staff here have lives outside of this site too but usually try to get back to people as soon as they can.

Sorry to double post.

Your comment may not have been deleted at all. Sometimes in the past the site has suffered certain server issues whereby numerous people have posted only for them to go AWOL the next day. It has happened to me personally and could explain your predicament.

Looking at your previous posts it seems to have happened in the Lode Runner thread (hardly controversial) so I think it reasonable to assume that such a glitch may have befallen you.

Razzleson has no excuse. They could have some respect and simply tell me they don't know, but they are rude instead by ignoring one of their members completely.

I don't feel like discussing the reply that was deleted. The thread itself is still there, and my post wasn't bad. I understand general forum rules, and thought I did here as well. I do not think it's right to moderate a user and not tell them what they did wrong. No doubt that I could do the same thing and get banned for doing it again, and yet I'd have no idea what I did. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to know what I did so I can avoid it and understand the place some more. Ignoring the users is not the way to do it. Lives outside the forum or not, I have been trying for a month, and I tried it being nice and going through what I thought were the proper channels.

I will go where you said to find the staff listing. Thank you for helping. You've done a lot more then the staff has for me.

I don't see any deleted posts in your posting history. Unless it was deleted by an admin or myself/Tron (the supermods), it would be "soft deleted" meaning it was hidden but still existed on the server and I could still see it. Considering I'm the only one out of the people I just listed who really do "policework" on the forums themselves, I highly doubt that is the case. If I DID delete it, I don't remember your name or what the message was about. If you were flaming someone or spamming a thread, that is the only reason I would have deleted it. If you weren't so reluctant to reveal what the message was, maybe I could be more help.

So it was either that, what jack suggested happened, or... well, actually I have no other explanation. Is it really that big of a deal though? I mean, it's not like a guide or review or something you wrote got deleted.

Sorry I couldn't be more help and sorry one of your first experiences here wasn't a good one, but I'm not exactly sure what went down. Hopefully you stick around and thing are better from here on out.

Edited by The Pants Party

Razzleson has no excuse. They could have some respect and simply tell me they don't know, but they are rude instead by ignoring one of their members completely.

Excuse me? Read your PMs. I flat out told you in the first PM I sent that I don't have the ability to see the post that was deleted, so I couldn't answer your question myself.

I also told you who has the ability to see the post, so you could have used that information to find the info yourself. As far as I know from the information you've given, you posted a completely unneeded post to someone about 'how they shouldn't say they're going to post something if they're not going to". In no way, shape, or form did your post help the site in any way. Again, I have no idea who, or why your post was deleted. I've forwarded all your messages to people who could answer your problem. If they don't answer you, that's fine, it's out of my hands.

But the bashing of my mod abilities is completely unnecessary.

Thank you VERY much for your reply, Pants! I appreciate it a lot.

Here's the thing... I didn't think I did anything wrong and was just hoping to find out. The problem I have is that no one associated with the site would answer me. I've posted twice in the complaints forum, and had a dialogue going with Razzleson until they started to ignore me. My problem has turned from a simple "Why was my reply deleted?" to "Why will no one answer me?" It's very frustrating being ignored, and even a "I don't know what happened" means the world.

Razzleson: You ignored me, plain and simple. So did everyone else that I tried asking, until posting here. I was nice to you, and you could have done SOMETHING other then IGNORE me. That is very rude. You can't see who did it, fine. You said you'd try to find someone to help, and all I wanted to know (if you go back and read my PMs) is if you found someone that might be able to answer my question.... Or did you simply not go to anyone and thought how I should just be fine with you ignoring me?

So, in this thread, I had one member who was nice and helped, thank you. Pants Party replied, and I appreciate it. But Razz, you could have been a bit nicer. Ignoring someone that is a member of a forum you run is simply wrong. You could have said something like "I'm sorry, I don't know what else to say" or ANYthing. I don't respect you after this. Everyone else in this thread has been great.

But why have my posts in the complaints forum (Well one was too recent to really count, so let's just say one post almost a week ago there) gone unanswered?

Story time... One time I was trying to find an answer of how to find out who ran a server... I had a site/forum dumped on me, and we were having severe problems with the server. Going to another site that was owned by the same person, I asked the people who ran it if they had any contact information. They didn't reply. I sent another message, not being a jerk or anything, and they yelled and swore at me saying doesn't their lack of a response mean they don't have an answer? No, that does not mean you don't have an answer. That means you don't want to answer and would rather make a problem out of it then simply say "I don't know."

Glad to help, but... chill out, dude. It was a simple issue and frankly if people don't respond it is a pretty easy thing to assume they couldn't help or didn't have the time, not that they just "don't feel like it." He spent day in/day out last week reporting on E3 news, and like all the staff here, he's got a life offline on top of everything he does online. He helped and you didn't like his answer, so you kept on him about it expecting a different one.

Like I said, the post could not have been that important (if it wasn't something that SHOULD have been deleted in the first place...). To go on a month's investigation, insult people and get all upset about it is kind of ridiculous. YOU are the one making a problem out of this, not us.

Sigh. I'm only calling out Razzleson for ignoring me. Simply put, being a staff member of a forum has a certain amount of customer service involved, and ignoring someone isn't the way to do it. That's what I have the biggest problem with by far. I've not insulted anyone. I called him out for doing a poor job, and I've been nice to everyone I can. I was even very nice to Razzleson at first. I should not have had to post here to get an answer.

Why did I have a problem? It's not something so stupid and trivial as I didn't like his answer. He told me bluntly that he would ask someone about it, and I PM'd him back after a few days asking if he had any news/satus, and that was the start of the ignoring part. And why wouldn't anyone answer me? Pantz, you went from nice and supportive to insulting me. Please, read what I say and do not put words between the lines. I say what I mean, am an adult and not a child, and am not attacking. You obviously missed part of what I said because you told me I was upset because I didn't like his answer. I didn't get an answer, and that's the point.

Not insulting someone and telling them they are bad at their job are bluntly contradicting, but regardless... you got your answer and in the end, how did your post being deleted affect you? It didn't, aside from the fact that you chose to get upset about it and spend time investigating and dwelling on it.

I feel the matter is closed, so I hope your experience here will improve if you chose to also close the matter and move on. Half your posts are in this thread, so you've clearly not experienced much of what we have to offer. Stick around and get more active, you'll see this is a great community to be involved with.