PDA

View Full Version : Gamerscore Races

StephenG70
06-07-2009, 10:21 PM
Whats your opinion on these "Gamerscore Races"?

For those of you who aren't familiar with the term, it is when two or more people set a Gamerscore target and then see who can achieve it the fastest.

In my opinion I don't see the point in them but that is only my opinion, what is yours?

Post your reasoning for entering in them if you have.

Efase
06-07-2009, 10:25 PM
Yeah I dont like it either but it doesnt "ruin" the process of gaining achievements.

Chilidog Chaos
06-07-2009, 10:28 PM
I love em. It's competition! It challenges people to put their heads into getting gamerscore.

agentplatypus
06-07-2009, 10:28 PM
Hey Stephen, I'll race you to 40k :p

Razzattack99
06-07-2009, 10:29 PM
i agree it is pointless. People just spam out sports games, avatar, king kong and all the crap just to win. It encourages people to play easy games for gamerscore and i HATE that.

Chilidog Chaos
06-07-2009, 10:30 PM
What if the person already completed all those easy games? Like I have.

KNUCKS x360a
06-07-2009, 10:37 PM
So dont enter one.....;)

I have been in a few 360Voice Challenges, & they were all great fun & a good reason to get some points...
Lots of people are competitive, & like to have some fun "racing" their friends to certain targets. Like in real life, with just about every Sport on the planet...
The whole point of displaying your "Achievements" is to show off what you have accomplished, ie competing with others for score, otherwise, why Achieve & publicly display them?!... :confused:

Who are you to even say what the "process" of Achievements is!! Its whatever anyone wants it to be for them as an individual!..

You're a casual gamer, i'm not! Each to their own!

JeS 87193
06-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Inn my opinion I think that they are stupid and pointless, and they ruin the whole process of gaining achieveents whilst playing through a game casually.

I think this statement makes your whole argument redundant. A Gamerscore race is not about playing through a game "casually". It's about competition, playing games in a different way and tackling things from a different angle.

If you're playing casually, you're not interested in a race...and if you're racing, you're not playing casually.

StephenG70
06-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I din't think so many people would be interested in this topic.

CyanideBreathMint
06-08-2009, 01:14 AM
Try walking in other peoples shoes first. If someone were to come in here and say your thread itself was 'stupid and pointless', you might be touchy too? Saying it's your opinion doesn't lessen the impact either.

It's more about tactfulness when you post than just firing off impulse thoughts. Either your bolded exclamation of hitting 30K in your signature is sarcasm or you're actually proud of that pointless thing you call a gamerscore?

Thing is, some here (remember we're on a site dedicated to achieving gamerscore as best as possible for everyone) find it quite fun to challenge themselves to a race to a set gamerscore. No more than you enjoyed getting yours by yourself. It's also about the more social aspect of it as well.

Words for thought is all.

StephenG70
06-08-2009, 07:16 AM
Im not just saying this but if someone did come in here and say that, I truely would not care.

Some people think otherwise of this thread and so if someone came in and said that, that would be his/her own opinion and everyone has a right to voice their opinion. Isn't that like the 1st ammendment?

I will leave it at that. I only made this thread to see what other peoples views on this topic were, not to cause any trouble.

Seany Show
06-08-2009, 08:41 AM
I don't see what the problem would be if someone was getting touchy on the subject & why you are making a big deal of it as it's only going to be down to peoples opinions. Personally I don't have a problem with abit of competition when it comes to gamerscore as it can drive them on too achieve more & remember this is an achievement site. I am yet to enter into a competition but may do once I have hit 100,000.

Incubus21212
06-08-2009, 01:51 PM
I don't feel they are pointless or stupid. I am racing against time!:)

KFZ Scrubs
06-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Something to do, adds a little more in getting achievements.
Nothing wrong with adding a little competition to add some drive is there?

Tenacious
06-08-2009, 03:22 PM
They keep some people motivated, but personally, I find it pointless. I only get gamerscore if I'm in the mood, a gamerscore race won't change that. Sometimes I just don't feel like grinding achievements.

I do the auto-challenges over at 360voice though, those are nice little motivators.

CyberSh3ff
06-08-2009, 04:03 PM
So dont enter one.....;)

I have been in a few 360Voice Challenges, & they were all great fun & a good reason to get some points...
Lots of people are competitive, & like to have some fun "racing" their friends to certain targets. Like in real life, with just about every Sport on the planet...
The whole point of displaying your "Achievements" is to show off what you have accomplished, ie competing with others for score, otherwise, why Achieve & publicly display them?!... :confused:

Who are you to even say what the "process" of Achievements is!! Its whatever anyone wants it to be for them as an individual!..

You're a casual gamer, i'm not! Each to their own!

completely agree (Y)

DTwirler
06-08-2009, 04:09 PM
The only person I've ever really competed with is my brother. And I'm winning by about 10K. :p

SubG3nius
06-08-2009, 04:39 PM
I usually dont give a damn, but since me and one friend off mine recently got fifa 09 we have been trying to see who ends up with the highest gamerscore on that game. My 360's gone broke for a while so he is currently in the lead... but I will get him, just as I did on COD:WaW

Gackt
06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
I have never done one, but they look fun :)

Wait...unless gamerscore challenges on 360voice count...then I have done them...and they ARE fun :D

Ligerblaze
06-08-2009, 10:27 PM
Me and my friends will pick a game and see who can 1k it the fastest or give ourselves like a week and see who gets farther... currently it's Too Human :).

I think its a lot of fun but sometimes makes me race through the game too fast.