PDA

View Full Version : Chatpad + Tutle Beach X3 FTL?

Summer
06-08-2009, 04:39 AM
Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I searched and searched & couldn't find this particular issue anywhere.

Is there a way to have both my chatpad AND my X3 headset plugged in at the same time?

The xbox controller has a 3-prong female input plug. The chatpad has a 3-prong male output plug and a 1-prong input plug. The X3 has a 3-prong output plug, so it can't plug into my chatpad. My piece of crap MS headset just had a 1-prong output plug which plugged right into my chatpad.

So I guess my question is, is there some sort of adapter or something I can get to plug the 3-prong headset into the 1-prong chatpad? I'm getting sick of constantly swapping between my headset/mic & the chatpad :(

A ZombieTwinkie
06-08-2009, 05:32 AM
No sir. You're just S.O.L. and J.W.F.

It sucks, I've got the X-3's and the Chatpad as well, so I 'feel your pain'.

KillTheft_Echo
06-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Every time i wanna send a message i just go to xbox.com. Lot easier.. & cost free.

Pure Efficiency
06-08-2009, 06:09 AM
Every time i wanna send a message i just go to xbox.com. Lot easier.. & cost free.
Same here. To bad I was stupid enough to buy a chatpad though.

Summer
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the replies. Not what I wanted to hear, but I suppose xbox.com is better than plugging/unplugging these things every 30 seconds when I'm trying to play/message at the same time.

(P.S. - for the record, DC: that'd be ma'am, not sir ;) )

A ZombieTwinkie
06-08-2009, 05:37 PM
(P.S. - for the record, DC: that'd be ma'am, not sir ;) )

:eek: Oops... haha. my bad. I just glanced at your gamercard and didnt even realize it.

So, *clears throat* No ma'am.

And I hear ya, Pure. I was stupid enough to buy the chatpad as well.. But that was way before I ended up picking up the Turtle Beach's.

Xraye
06-08-2009, 05:39 PM
i find it easier to connect a USB keyboard to the xbox and then type