PDA

View Full Version : Unreadable Disk

tremberz
06-08-2009, 04:17 PM
My Gears 2 disc keeps becoming unreadable, it usually occurs when I get into a public game. I can't download it to the hard drive because everytime it gets to about 20% it says it can't read the disk. If I get another disk from Blockbuster or whatever and download it onto the hard drive, can I then use my old disk to play, will it work if the game is downloaded to the hard drive? Or would it still not work and I have to play on another disk permanently?

ZundayXx
06-08-2009, 05:09 PM
If you put it on the HardDrive all it has to do is realise the disc is in there.

BigMo763
06-08-2009, 05:13 PM
When you copy the game to the hard drive, all the 360 needs the disc for is to basically verify that you have the disc and didn't just copy someone else's game.

However, I'm not sure if it has to be the exact disc that you used to copy the game to the hard drive, or if it can be any disc for that game.

CaptainSpanner
06-08-2009, 05:56 PM
the same thing happened to my Army of Two disc. it reads for about 5 mins and when i get to a certain point in just says disc read error, always on the same bit.

Jethrow
06-08-2009, 06:31 PM
i think it would work, rent gears 2, install it, then use your disk to play. I have cod4 installed and my disc is right cracked, works fine

Ingles
06-08-2009, 06:37 PM
My local game shop has a disc repair service they offer for like $4 to fix any disc. It works every time that I've ever needed to repair a disc. See if Blockbuster might be willing to repair it in some manner.

Or as previously mentioned, just borrow a copy of Gears 2, copy it and then slap your copy in the drive and off you go. :)

NinjaGrinder
06-08-2009, 06:40 PM
i think it would work, rent gears 2, install it, then use your disk to play. I have cod4 installed and my disc is right cracked, works fine

Well, you could say that or you could do what i do, just rent the same game switch it out with your cracked disc then take it back and tell them it doesnt work. They fall for it everytime and as a bonus, you get an extra free rental.

Yunder
06-08-2009, 06:47 PM
I just bought Battlefield: Bad Company and I keep getting the disc is unreadable every time I get into a multiplayer match. I think i'm going to try that technique.

Jethrow
06-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Well, you could say that or you could do what i do, just rent the same game switch it out with your cracked disc then take it back and tell them it doesnt work. They fall for it everytime and as a bonus, you get an extra free rental.

ya i guess that would work, the places around here though have a transparent sticker they put on all discs. Very easy to see if its been tampered with, it turns bright white if peeled. Another place around here just puts a small engraving beside the center hole, so just be carefull when trying your technique.

Jethrow
06-08-2009, 08:59 PM
oh check this out, look, my burnout revenge game does the same thing, every time i put it in the system i get this white screen saying to put a 360 disc into the 360 in all kinds of languages, i just eject the disc, then i just rotate the disc about 25% and push the tray back in, and this works for me everytime.

tremberz
06-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Thanks for all the help guys, I think I'm going to see if I can get another disk, install it and play that way.

Glowin Smurff
06-09-2009, 01:54 AM

fraud talk? jesus christ.

some stores mark there discs w/ things so you can't try your method.

to the OP, my gears 1 and gears 2 get a 'dirty read' error for no reason at times, they're now installed to the HDD and have no issues, just rent a copy that's in good shape or borrow from a friend, and then return the store the right copy, don't swap the games like previously suggested by someone.

NinjaGrinder
06-09-2009, 02:06 AM
fraud talk? jesus christ.

some stores mark there discs w/ things so you can't try your method.

to the OP, my gears 1 and gears 2 get a 'dirty read' error for no reason at times, they're now installed to the HDD and have no issues, just rent a copy that's in good shape or borrow from a friend, and then return the store the right copy, don't swap the games like previously suggested by someone.

Post edited. My apologies, i had forgotten for a minute what some of the members on here are like. :)

narcolepticshee
06-09-2009, 02:17 AM
Ive done it several times, worked for me. and dont 'jesus christ' me, i know damn well what im talking about and have no problem mentioning it on here. You dont like it, thats your problem.

Oh and this might put some hair on your ass, whenever i get the RROD, i buy a new xbox from walmart, switch the serial number and return the dead box for a full refund. Of course walmart would take the shit for this but they can have MS to thank. You gonna go report me now or??

That is not cool man...

Peace

Glowin Smurff
06-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Post edited. My apologies, i had forgotten for a minute what some of the members on here are like. :)

yeah, legal things are bad to be serious about eh?

god forbid you obey the law.

and obey the rules of the forum if you want to post here, talking like that is against the rules dude.

SynysterMonkey
06-09-2009, 02:35 AM
Can you guys read? He said he tried to install it and it didn't get past 20%.

Glowin Smurff
06-09-2009, 02:45 AM
Can you guys read? He said he tried to install it and it didn't get past 20%.

yes we can, can you? :D

we said rent a good copy, use that to copy to the hard drive, then return the good copy back to the rental store.

just pointing out that it was explained in detail what he was asking to do, and the response to do it because it will work.

SynysterMonkey
06-09-2009, 02:52 AM
^ My post was referring to the first two posts after the OP.

Glowin Smurff
06-09-2009, 02:55 AM
^ My post was referring to the first two posts after the OP.

whoopsy doodle, sorry there was no indication as to whom you were referring :D my bad.

SynysterMonkey
06-09-2009, 03:13 AM
^ No problems.