PDA

View Full Version : enter sandman perfect sp? (hard)

xXSNAKExBYTEXx
06-08-2009, 05:47 PM
having trouble with this on expert (i am not a GH god) and the guide says "can be done on hard w perfect star path" best ive done is 298,779 100% on hard, whats the perfect star path? :confused:

NicoMil
06-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Cant say I know mate ... But on Expert i get soo irritated with the stupid hammer on you have to hit, it's soo easy but i always miss it and lose my note streak :mad:

BrAin PuNch3r
06-12-2009, 09:30 PM
yep that stupid hammer on fuks me up especially at the end of the song i hate it...but ill get that achievement even though iam not good at guitar(i play drums) its the Creeping Death achievement that will be impossible for me...

TBM
07-15-2009, 01:39 AM
im having the same probs, it is so annoying on expert and on hard i just make silly little mistakes on the double strumming part of the solo, *sigh* the SP path i use is activate it as you come to the 3rd SP, then the next lot of SP use that onto the next SP, after that save the next for the solo (more notes on 8x multiplyer) then after that use the next 2 SP you get on the chorus, after that you should have 2 SP's to use on the last part, should work, as i have screwed up and overstrummed on the solo, and missed a SP and got 315k
im still working on the achievement as that hammer on in expert is annoying me soooooooo much,
:mad:

Stufin135
07-15-2009, 02:19 AM
Perfect site: http://pathhero.codemann8.com/index.php

Go to register, and then after that view and select from there ;)

preppypoof
07-15-2009, 10:33 PM
having trouble with this on expert (i am not a GH god) and the guide says "can be done on hard w perfect star path" best ive done is 298,779 100% on hard, whats the perfect star path? :confused:

the highest score on scorehero.com right now is 334k. since you're "not a GH god" you might have trouble getting this on hard considering you'd have to be a perfect whammyer and probably even squeeze a few times with the perfect path to get 330k. but if you wanna try, definitely use the pathhero website.

EddStrid
07-19-2009, 01:06 PM
This song gave me stupid amounts of difficulty thanks to that orange hammer on with Rock Band. Finally nailed that a few months ago to gold star it but now I can't do that same part again with GH:M.

I've tried double tapping the strum bar at the blue to orange point to see if that keeps my timing better and it doesn't work. Incredibly frustrating.

As for the hard optimum star power path and as preppy above said, you'll probably need to be a good squeezer to get the achievement from that difficulty.

jbone1337
07-23-2009, 02:54 PM
i would say give up on hard.
on expert its like near impossible, you have to like 100% it. i 99% w/ perfect star power and highest i got was 325k.

who ever wrote the achievement guide is on some kind of drugs if they think they can get that achievement w/ like 97/98%.

Stufin135
07-23-2009, 03:07 PM
on expert its like near impossible, you have to like 100% it. i 99% w/ perfect star power and highest i got was 325k.

who ever wrote the achievement guide is on some kind of drugs if they think they can get that achievement w/ like 97/98%.
But I got it with like 95-96%. Expert it is really easy on. As long as you mess up on the solo you are allright. Did you streak everything else. Because you can hit like 99% of notes but still nt streak much at all.

Cissnei
07-23-2009, 03:12 PM

Oh there are quite a few people who got it with 97 or 98%, If you're getting 325k with a FC you're using the worst star power path ever. You can get close to 400k with a perfect path.
http://www.scorehero.com/rankings.php?group=9&game=22&size=1&inst=1&diff=4&tier=9&song=238&page=13

But I have to agree, don't try this one on hard. Even with the path mentioned above you won't get it without (double) squeezing. There are only 8 people on scorehero who managed to get it on hard. So unless you're an incredible squeezer, forget it.

xXSNAKExBYTEXx
08-15-2009, 05:16 PM
thanks for the replys ,ive gotten better on expert but still no dice, ill check that starpath site and practice some more ;)

achievementjockey
08-30-2009, 05:02 AM
I got this achievement yesterday :D. My score for 330, 402. Yes that right 402 over, if i missed 1 note more somewhere in the song i wouldn't have got it. It would be near impossible on hard, so go with expert. Use star power where the double notes are, thats about it. You basically have to fc the song outside the solo, and get at leat 95% on each solo.

Ningamer
09-02-2009, 10:04 PM
I got the game today, but I'm not a big metallica fan. I'd never heard this song before and got 328k on my first try. SO ANNOYING!

3rd try and I got 350k :woop:

I find the song quite easy to score >300k, but then again I got 780k on All Nightmare Long (GH3)
As for SP path for hard, try any part with lots of chords, like that bit before the solo.

HittingRug
09-06-2009, 04:11 AM

who ever wrote the achievement guide is on some kind of drugs if they think they can get that achievement w/ like 97/98%. Sorry mate but the guide is right, i got 96% and 347k using star power on whateveer chords i could see and the solo.

samuraimal
09-10-2009, 03:31 PM
has the achievement got to be done in career? because ive been trying for ages to get this achievement i play in expert and after FINALLY mastering them annoying orange hammer-ons i managed to finish the song with over 333k and didnt get the avheivement although i was in quickplay. also tho i havnt got the achievement for playing in all the venues even tho i have completed both bass and guitar careers in expert. have you got to do all instraments to get that achievement? if anyone can help i'd be very grateful.

achievementjockey
09-10-2009, 09:22 PM
has the achievement got to be done in career? because ive been trying for ages to get this achievement i play in expert and after FINALLY mastering them annoying orange hammer-ons i managed to finish the song with over 333k and didnt get the avheivement although i was in quickplay. also tho i havnt got the achievement for playing in all the venues even tho i have completed both bass and guitar careers in expert. have you got to do all instraments to get that achievement? if anyone can help i'd be very grateful.

I got this achievement in quickplay.

And you second question, do, you only need to finish 1 instrument and then play in all venues.

samuraimal
09-11-2009, 10:09 AM
thanks for responding mate but i done that as well... great so my games glitchin =/ i didnt buy metallica locally, my dad got it me from (i think) new zealand when he was on holiday there and i live in britian, might that have something to do with it?

May I Stalk U
10-05-2009, 09:04 PM
i actually got this one on my first try. missed one note in the beginning, 2 during the solo, then one towards the end (was in an sp phrase as well), and still ended up with 341k. This was on expert btw

Fully Avenged
10-16-2009, 09:54 AM
Not sure if the OP is still looking for help with this Achievement, but I got about 342k on Expert [If I remember correctly... Long time since I got this achievement...] Either way, like other people have said, I would suggest you give up on Hard. While it is possible, the basically have to 100% the song + have a perfect star power path, which isn't exactly easy.

However, if you attempt it on Expert, here's a pretty good video I found of a guy 100%'ing it on Expert, using a Star Power Path which seems to work well for him. Maybe you could do the same?

YouTube - GH Metallica - Enter Sandman 100% expert guitar HD

Hope this helps. :)

XxFrAsZeRxX
01-23-2010, 03:33 AM
Perfect site: http://pathhero.codemann8.com/index.php

Go to register, and then after that view and select from there ;)
Thanks for the link :)! Helps a lot :woop::woop::woop:

DusanMandic219
03-12-2010, 05:22 AM
Thanks for the link :)! Helps a lot :woop::woop::woop:

Wish you could do this during Band quickplay. I hate playing in quickplay. the highway seems different for some reason. Though I did get the "Tool of Destruction" and "Heavy Metall" online in World Tour's band quickplay

SolariStar
04-01-2010, 08:38 PM
I tried to get it on hard as well...(I need to work on it because my percent notes hit is 94%)...judging by my percent notes hit you can tell my score needs work too (score: 224,805; Stars: 5). I think I also need to work on my star power activation too.

I really need to practice playing Enter Sandman on Hard Guitar more.

zippy100012
04-03-2010, 03:05 PM
yep that stupid hammer on fuks me up especially at the end of the song i hate it...but ill get that achievement even though iam not good at guitar(i play drums) its the Creeping Death achievement that will be impossible for me...

man, that hammer on is a bitch, if it wasnt for that i would have got that achievement, it fucking pisses me off!

dude, its impossible on hard, completely impossible, even when i squeezed everything i could using whammy and neck slider closest i got was 330K or summing like that. best bet is expert with FC outside solo.

the problem with it for me is, i can FC the solo easy, no problem, but outside when u have to blue then hammer orange it screw's me over...

zippy100012
04-03-2010, 03:16 PM
how the hell is pathhero supposed to help?
what does it do for you apart from show u where chords are? useless site...

Garbar05
04-04-2010, 04:27 AM
how the hell is pathhero supposed to help?
what does it do for you apart from show u where chords are? useless site...

You obviously didn't look too much into it. It shows you the chart for the song and where to use Star Power to maximize your score. A lot of these Star Power paths are the absolute best path to use.