PDA

View Full Version : Why can't Xbox fix a simple problem?

Denny Crane
06-09-2009, 06:26 AM
I bought an xbox when i was 15 or 16 right when they came out. silly me i put my real age while setting up my profile. im now 18 going on 19 the end of this month. my account is still a child account. for almost a year i would occasionally call xbox support to have them fix the problem. they used to say 'make a new profile' or things like that. to that i say lol no, im not making a new profile, and even ones i make just for downloading M demos or stuff i have to wait until its available for silver users (since im not paying $50 2 profiles of course) and other such annoyances. i call them again and they try and troubleshoot it. i go through the whole changing the credit card to promote child account (for the millionth time) and i get the same error message i have been getting forever. they then make me go on the Windows messenger site to fix it and i follow what they say to do until it hits a roadblock and they are telling me to accept some terms of use that has no option to accept. so they say sorry your on your own. i say i hate you xbox.
any suggestions? if not, just know i hate xbox/microsoft and i want them to burn for all eternity.

Caleel
06-09-2009, 07:40 AM
My little brother who was 13 at the time signed up on xbox live as a child account hes 15 going on 16 now and hates not being able to download half the stuff or see half the ads on xbox live according to MS he has to wait till 18 I hope he doesnt go through what your going through man sorry to hear that =(

According to MS they said at 18 it would upgrade but dunno time will tell I guess. He uses a secondary account to download his stuff anyways so hes all good but just the hassle of it sucks.

iKiddo
06-09-2009, 07:51 AM
http://majornelson.com/archive/2007/11/30/child-account-graduation-and-changing-live-id-association.aspx

LoveAGramm
06-09-2009, 08:03 AM
sadface friend

ApochWeiss
06-09-2009, 08:54 AM
I saw go set the main microsoft offices on fire. Then when you go to jail, they will realize you're being tried as an adult and THEN they'll fix the problem ;)

mosin360
06-09-2009, 05:05 PM
You have a easy solution in front of you, make a new profile when your current gold runs out. You'll get 30 days free and then buy a new card.

Otherwise, do some of your own research and see if others have had the issue and what it took to resolve it. I swear some people can't do simple troubleshooting anymore.

Rowey 94
06-09-2009, 05:19 PM
thats pathetic really ?
urghhhh...

Glowin Smurff
06-09-2009, 05:51 PM
follow iKiddo's link to fix your issue.

Denny Crane
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
follow iKiddo's link to fix your issue.
yea ive tried that for a year. when i finish putting in my credit card info i get an error message that says cant connect to xbox live or something.
i dont want to make a new gold account, i like my gamertag and achievements. thing is, is that lets say i win a prize on something 1 vs 100 and then they dont give it to me cause its a child account id be pissed. although i could sue them and ive always wanted to sue someone.

and yes ive thought of burning down xbox hq, and the office where i work as well... arson is my go to, and once i finally snap something is going to burn...

btw kiddies a lesson to you, always lie about your age online.

Glowin Smurff
06-09-2009, 06:30 PM
you don't get an attitude w/ the Customer support staff do you? that would be a reason they would stop helping you.....?

Barad
06-09-2009, 06:43 PM
this is probably the only big main issue with xbox today..:(

Denny Crane
06-10-2009, 12:28 AM
you don't get an attitude w/ the Customer support staff do you? that would be a reason they would stop helping you.....?
no, sadly im polite irl. but i should cause it actually cant make the service worse...

Glowin Smurff
06-10-2009, 03:53 AM
they'll hang up on you, and that's about it. they hung up on me once, and since nothing was ever entered past an 'account' look up screen the next person i talked to which claimed to be a super, said they couldn't find out who it was.

so it's not worth it, plus it's not there fault if the manual isn't correct.

only 1 time did my bitching get me anything and it was half off on a repair (which i later got refunded since they extended the RROD warranty)