PDA

View Full Version : gamertag expires?

Jethrow
06-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey, i've been on the 360 for just over 3 years now. I've always used the name Jethrow. It was taken but never used, i was wondering if this would ever expire allowing me to take it, or by calling MS would they let me have it if its never been used but has been claimed for over 3 years?

Apple
06-09-2009, 10:16 PM
If it's not yours and the person who created it never changes their gamertag, it will never be up for grabs. Microsoft won't do anything about it either, even if it's a dormant gamertag created on the original Xbox.

ExtremeRugburn
06-09-2009, 10:17 PM
What do you mean the name was taken, but never used? If someone created a profile with that name then it is taken and therfore unavailable for use unless that person deletes their account.

Gackt
06-09-2009, 10:20 PM
What do you mean the name was taken, but never used? If someone created a profile with that name then it is taken and therfore unavailable for use unless that person deletes their account.

I reserved like 5 different names before the 360 came out and before I had xbox live...and forgot the login info for all of them and they are not available for use...I even called MS about it to see if I could use any of them or have them deleted so they could be used...but since I didnt have the info and cant prove they were mine...they will be there forever lol

RedstaR
06-09-2009, 10:23 PM
If it's not yours and the person who created it never changes their gamertag, it will never be up for grabs. Microsoft won't do anything about it either, even if it's a dormant gamertag created on the original Xbox.

I used to have the name RedstaR back in the day but when I joined a clan I just made a new gamertag back on the original Xbox.. when you couldn't change your tag. Now someone has the tag "Redstar".. so I'm not sure if thats true or not.

CaptainSpanner
06-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Would be good if you could do that. my old gamertag, ahh, id get that straight back.

Jethrow
06-09-2009, 11:36 PM
ya well when i first got the 360 i made an account quickly, i was thinking maybe i made this one. That email was soon after hacked and i lost everything. Anyways, i called MS just now, they said the account has been dormant since 2004 and the email associated with the account has since been closed, she tried but said they have no way of resetting it ever. Dumb. At the beginning of the call she said that dormant accounts are automatically reset once the associated email is reset, but then flipped her story afterwards. No biggy i guess, just all my other gaming stuff is Jethrow, so id like the 360 too. thanks guys