PDA

View Full Version : x360a.org @ iPhone/mobile devices

nemeziz
06-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Will it be possible to have a iPhone version (or version for other mobile devices) of x360a.org? It will be cool to fast check latest news, game reviews, achievement list/guide with ease.

Glowin Smurff
06-10-2009, 03:25 AM
there have been tons of threads asking about an Iphone App for this site, and each time it's a no.

wether or not they will do a m.x360a.org type thing i haven't heard anything on that...

KACG Penguin
06-10-2009, 03:41 AM
That would be a great idea. Incase somebody doesnt have internet when their at a hotel or on vacation they could whip out their Touch/Iphone and BAM!!!. You have an App with guides.

Glowin Smurff
06-10-2009, 03:45 AM
That would be a great idea. Incase somebody doesnt have internet when their at a hotel or on vacation they could whip out their Touch/Iphone and BAM!!!. You have an App with guides.

that's already been stated that it's too niche of a group to worry about making an app for.

plus what hotel doesn't have internet these days? :D and to use the internet on the touch you'd have to have wireless in the hotel atleast...which means they have a terminal in the lobby to use, and who brings there 360 on vacation/hotels? just enjoy your vacation.

the possibility of a m.x360a.org seems a bit higher then an Iphone app anyway....i wouldn't mind just the achievelists in a mobile version...but there's not that much content on the retail lists anyway, so it wouldn't be too hard to view as is.

KACG Penguin
06-10-2009, 03:54 AM
Hey I bring it on vacation so I can play at night when Im not at disney world. Duh.

nemeziz
06-10-2009, 03:55 AM
What I want is just a handy way to view the achievement guide without boot up my PC. :p Actually an iPhone app is not necessary, coz you need to wait approval from Apple in 7 days period for most app version updates. (m.x360a.org is good enough). What we need will be a good layout design, well structured mobile site sitemap, and consider what information to show in the mobile version (as data exist anyway)

Glowin Smurff
06-10-2009, 04:42 AM
a stripped down mobile version of the guide/achievement list thing would probably be possible w/ very little coding (but) then they'd have to strip sponsor ad's and things, which is how this site makes money.....so i dunno, you could try just bookmarking the specific page w/ retail game list....and hopefully there's not too much content on it that a mobile device (psp/cellphone/pdaphone) could view it.....dunno, checklists and things would probably not be enabled on a mobile version, if it ever came to be.

Tatanko
06-10-2009, 04:28 PM
I think there should be a mobile version as well. It's strictly convenience, though, because I already view the site from my iPod Touch pretty frequently.

A 2rue boofer
06-10-2009, 04:34 PM
ya I also think it will expand our site because there are tons of gamers who don't know this site but need to

Glowin Smurff
06-12-2009, 04:45 AM
ya I also think it will expand our site because there are tons of gamers who don't know this site but need to

if your speaking of the iphone app, that will never happen, too niche.

i do believe though that a mobile version of the site, like m.facebook or m.google would not really get the word out there, but it would make some of us users able to quickly look up guides via a psp, or cellphone, or an iphone, w/o the large amounts of plugins/applets/adverts clogging up all the space.

i know i can't get onto the main page using my psp cuz too much advert/applet stuff is loaded, and eats the memory up.

Evil Demon55
06-12-2009, 06:00 AM
like: iphone.x360a.org? That's the facebook one. I would like that because it would make it so much easier! I can barely read stuff... I try to zoom in, it does a little then I try to get another zoom in and it sometimes does, but mostly it just zooms out.

I think there should be an x360a for iphones/psp's. It would make it much easier to check the site out for detials and guides. Especially since I don't want to have to go to my computer, when I can just pop my itouch out and go to x360a.org and look at a guide for a game.

jukkakhan
06-12-2009, 06:13 AM
like: iphone.x360a.org? That's the facebook one. I would like that because it would make it so much easier! I can barely read stuff... I try to zoom in, it does a little then I try to get another zoom in and it sometimes does, but mostly it just zooms out.

If you double tap close to text, it will fit the text to screen. Use the pinching gesture for a better zoom.

Glowin Smurff
06-12-2009, 06:24 PM
no not like iphone.x360a.org, like m.x360a.org

standard mobile stuff.

like m.google.com or m.facebook.com :D

DarkTharen
06-12-2009, 06:39 PM
this is a great idea! I am on the web all the time on my G1. I have used the full browser for x360a.org and it works but a m.x360a.org would be more user friendly on a cellphone