PDA

View Full Version : Quick question

maddmaxx46
06-10-2009, 07:11 AM
Used the search function and nothing showed up. So I left my ethernet cord at college for my roommate to use and right now I'm using my brother's. Recently he downloaded Wolfenstein 3D off of my xbox but when he goes to play on his xbox it only lets him play the demo.

Is there a way to play arcade games offline? Because that's the only game he wants to play right now and it would be nice if we didn't have to share an xbox since we have two.

Thegreatest7884
06-10-2009, 07:33 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to transfer the licenses I think. Something like that.

maddmaxx46
06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you have to transfer the licenses I think. Something like that. Oh well that's kinda good news. So i just need to upload his hard drive onto his xbox with his ethernet cord hooked in? Then I can just use his ethernet cord for my xbox after I upload it once on his?

Apple
06-10-2009, 07:54 AM
Oh well that's kinda good news. So i just need to upload his hard drive onto his xbox with his ethernet cord hooked in? Then I can just use his ethernet cord for my xbox after I upload it once on his?

wat?

He purchased the game on your Xbox, with his HDD. Now he wants to play the game offline on his Xbox, with his HDD. Correct? Cables don't make a difference and you can't physically upload a HDD. :p

Here is a link, which is followed by a tutorial which will show you how to transfer the games license over to his HDD, so it's not on your Xbox anymore, but rather his Xbox. This will make the game playable offline on his Xbox.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

In the future if you want to share arcade titles, put your HDD on his Xbox, download the game with your account. This will make the game playable on both Xbox's, while both online.

maddmaxx46
06-10-2009, 08:18 AM
wat?

He purchased the game on your Xbox, with his HDD. Now he wants to play the game offline on his Xbox, with his HDD. Correct? Cables don't make a difference and you can't physically upload a HDD. :p

Here is a link, which is followed by a tutorial which will show you how to transfer the games license over to his HDD, so it's not on your Xbox anymore, but rather his Xbox. This will make the game playable offline on his Xbox.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/licensemigration/

In the future if you want to share arcade titles, put your HDD on his Xbox, download the game with your account. This will make the game playable on both Xbox's, while both online.Thanks! (10 characters)

Osiris11235
06-15-2009, 05:35 AM
Since the game is integrated with your XBOX, the only way for him to play it on his XBOX without migrating anything is unfortunately by having his gamertag that he bought the game with connected to Live.