PDA

View Full Version : Harassment over XBL

o Machamp o
12-31-2006, 03:22 AM
I don't know if this is the right place to post about this, but I am seeking major help with this guy, He who shall not be named (Ill call him VOLDEMORT). So I go on R6V Today with him and my two friends to boost on attack and defend. Me and my friend are stuck on the attack team and my other, now homo friend with boosting becuase of VOLDEMORT, and voldemort are both on defence. I get annoyed about the fact that they do the same amount of work that we do, IE sleeping, and they get DOUBLE the points, so I speak up. They blow me off of course and VOLDEMORT says that he is an expert about this becuase he is a second lt. So, me and my teammate go and kill them to try to talk to them again. We start the game back up, he kills my friend, I kill him, he bans me from the server. Naturally I was extreamly pissed that my friend was being used so I sent him a message, get online, and look to see if he replied. Surpizingly enough, VOLDEMORT sends me a voice message saying and I quote "Why are you still here. You are fucking useless and have no friends. Why are you still on the planet, go kill yourself" (I may have said something wrong in there, but thats basically what he said). I file a compliant about him to XBL for Voice Communication. Because of this message, and becuase I suffer from both rage and depression issues, I started thinking about killing myself, but like always I came around to my sences. This harrassment isn't going to stop and this is really disturbing me. I have a feeling that becuase people complain for no reason that XBL will just skip over my complaint and not do anything about it, and since I know that XBL doesn't give out the status of any complaints, I was wondering if there was any clear cut way to get justice served. (Also this may help you to know, I have filed numorous complaints against a few people for harrassing me in game, via voice messages and via txt messages for the same reason of harassment, and a few of vulgar and threatning speach.)

Webb
12-31-2006, 03:30 AM
Just learn to ignore people on line fella. Thats what most people do.

People who say stuff like that online only say it because they can hide behind this anonomous gamertag where you are simply a gamertag and not a person.

If you are serious about taking this up with Microsoft, I recommend you contact them via e-mail and make a complaint that way. I would say that you would have more joy that way.

eXiled Killah
12-31-2006, 03:31 AM
Dude, I'm sorry that you've had such bad experiences on live! My only suggetion to you is to block comunications from anyone that you feel has harassed you and leave negative feed back. It's for this main reason that I try to hook up and play with only people from this site. There's a good degree of friendliness and sportsmanship here.

o Machamp o
12-31-2006, 03:33 AM
I have noticed, thats why, me and my achieving self joined. Plus I did hear many good things. Thank you guys.

PerpetualHeaven
12-31-2006, 04:12 AM
You know how you beat people like that?
First of all, realize those are petty assumed insults. They don't even phase peolpe like me. A lot of people get angry about things like this I don't know why.
Second, to win an online battle you need to be so sarcastic and careless. Believe me nothing is funnier than someone talking about your mommy, you having no friends, etc and you acting like a complete sarcastic asshole.
Lastly, you can leave. You can ignore the whole situation and just forget about him.

Personally, I hate walking away from something like that and let them have some kind of sadistic pleasure out of apparently "torturing somone" online. I mean sarcasm is the key thing to being extremely annoying. He can't punch you, so let it rip!

But honestly, if you're that troubled stick to reporting it and keep to your guns. Don't let him get to you. He's just someone over live. People like that need some kind of pathetic security.

graf1k
12-31-2006, 04:34 AM
(Ill call him VOLDEMORT)

Does your fucking scar hurt, HP?

o Machamp o
12-31-2006, 05:31 AM
While I was in there, IT BURNED!!!
Let me say something, about everyone here. We may all be achievement whores here, well some of us, but you guys, really are probably the best in welcoming someone to the community. I thank you guys for making me feel a whole lot better, welcoming me into the community, and being great people all around, not like some d*ckheads on xbl, *AHEM VOLDEMORT* (AHHH MY SCAR!!!!) But thank you guys.

ratnamaze
01-22-2007, 07:41 PM
:confused: Hello,

I was looking on finding a board on these types of things. My problem is that I mainly play through the games offline first and then go try to get the online only achievements. I have had a 5 star rating until today and I do not know why it dropped. I checked my Rep and it said that someone had a problem with me being unsporting. I really do not know why because I just like to have fun when I play online, and generally, Im not nearly as good as most people I play online. I dont know if someone wanted to leave crappy feedback because Im not that good or whatever, but I do wonder if any of you guys have been left negative feedback for no reason.

JonnyC VT
01-22-2007, 10:12 PM
To win an online battle you need to be so sarcastic and careless. Believe me nothing is funnier than someone talking about your mommy, you having no friends, etc and you acting like a complete sarcastic asshole.
Lastly, you can leave. You can ignore the whole situation and just forget about him.

Personally, I hate walking away from something like that and let them have some kind of sadistic pleasure out of apparently "torturing somone" online. I mean sarcasm is the key thing to being extremely annoying. He can't punch you, so let it rip!

If I was going to reply to this thread, there would be nothing more I would have said. Sarcasm is by far the best escape...

DaKing240
01-22-2007, 11:21 PM
People will leave negative feedback for no reason, and I wouldn't take it seruously. Just get some friends to give you the full 5 stars again, ignore the people who left you negative feedback and move on.

Locking this thread since we have no need to bring this back up.