PDA

View Full Version : This board is F@#%ING DEAD!

taylorxxx
06-11-2009, 02:56 PM
i was pretty surprised that this board has no activity at all. what the hell? this is like one of the most dependable series' of games in my opinion.

you can always count on ol' tiger to be a good time.

come on people!

Meancode
06-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Actually, lately, you can count on good ol Tiger to be a crap game. Seriously, it has not surpassed itself from Tiger 07. Tiger 08 had a problem with too sensitive driving, Tiger 09 was fine driving but crappy in other places. Tiger 10 adds a stupid new putting mechanic, takes out the tiger challenge, tries to tell me that it has "new" courses in it that have been in either 06, 07 ,08, or 09 on the Xbox 360, and there you have it: not a very big hyped game any more.

While Tiger 10 does give us some new courses, they are yet again making us pay for courses we have had in the past, or have paid for as DLC in the past (Spyglass).

Lame.

taylorxxx
06-11-2009, 05:33 PM
Actually, lately, you can count on good ol Tiger to be a crap game. Seriously, it has not surpassed itself from Tiger 07. Tiger 08 had a problem with too sensitive driving, Tiger 09 was fine driving but crappy in other places. Tiger 10 adds a stupid new putting mechanic, takes out the tiger challenge, tries to tell me that it has "new" courses in it that have been in either 06, 07 ,08, or 09 on the Xbox 360, and there you have it: not a very big hyped game any more.

While Tiger 10 does give us some new courses, they are yet again making us pay for courses we have had in the past, or have paid for as DLC in the past (Spyglass).

Lame.

dude! i thought 08 was good, not great, 09 was awesome and i think once i get used to 10's putting i'll be all about it. i can't believe you feel the way you do about this franchise. do you golf? i'm a (shitty) golfer, so maybe that helps? shit man, i love these games.

*EDIT* i'll give you the course thing by the way, but to me, i'm cool with it. i loe sports games because very rarely is the out come the EXACT same. i don't care how many times i tee off on say......hole 7 at sawgrass, i'm never going to hit the same three shots. ever. i'm cool with the same old courses.

Der Fuhrer
06-11-2009, 06:08 PM
This game is pretty much the same as 09, with different achievements. The putting system is really messed up as well. I still like the game though but 09 is a superior game cause of its putting and achievements.

Seany Show
06-11-2009, 06:12 PM
You will find that this game is not out in PAL regions until 3/7/09 so it is pretty much restricted to only US gamers at the moment. So you can put that down to one of the reasons that this board is DEAD... apart from the obvious reason that this game will nearly be the same to its predecessor so not many people are going to purchase it this time around.

sS Cronic
06-11-2009, 09:09 PM
ill agree some of its the same but it does have some cool features...i like the playing with the pros live tourney thing, and the putting to me is the best yet(i maxed it at 10 after 1 round,12 w/ my shoes) the cheevos are easy, for the most part, lil confused about the 50mill,and where exactly online to play the live weather,or finding someone w/the sharkies, outside of that, i love it.

Ben Sharpe
06-12-2009, 08:03 AM
I didn't buy 09, i just rented it so I am buying it this year I usually buy it on alternate years because it usually doesn't justify buying it every year.