PDA

View Full Version : Roadmaps Idea

Enormous-Triangle
06-12-2009, 08:01 AM
I was wondering if when you write an road map it has an option to state whether the achievements stack???

XxBlueSpade2xX
06-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Sounds like a good idea. Some of them might say that. I'm not going to go check all of them though.

kaleido42
06-12-2009, 01:07 PM
I was wondering if when you write an road map it has an option to state whether the achievements stack???

You just have to write that in yourself somewhere if you wish. That would be a good idea to include in the overview though.

The Pants Party
06-12-2009, 01:12 PM
Usually the first step will say "since the achievement stack, start on Hard" or whatever. I'm pretty sure all of them already do that. Have you seen a map that does not?

PMILL69
06-12-2009, 01:13 PM
you can put whatever that is helpful in a roadmap but this is the best place to post this question in the faq
Try looking over the road map walkthrough thread (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=109782)

dakisbac
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Usually the first step will say "since the achievement stack, start on Hard" or whatever. I'm pretty sure all of them already do that. Have you seen a map that does not?

Well I'm betting he hasn't seen all the guides, so he really can't say.

Personally, I think it should be in the overview as a requirement instead or relying each individual author to mention it. "Achievements stackable: yes/no" is more useful than "cheats disable achievements: yes/no" in my opinion, as there are far more games with multiple difficulty levels than games with cheats these days.

Another thing I'd like to add: mentioning how few games have cheats, I don't think "cheats disable achievements: yes/no" should be a universal game requirement. It's pointless to mention "cheats disable achievements: no cheats" when a lack of that message would have us assume there are no cheats and it's wasted characters (not really an issue for most, but still)

jamieCR7
06-12-2009, 01:30 PM
I agree too with the OP. I'm sure it is supposed to be inserted into the guide somewhere anyway, but for it to be mandatory would ensure that the topic is covered. Good idea in my opinion!

Ingles
06-12-2009, 04:21 PM
I always mention whether or not achievements are stackable in my road maps that I've done, otherwise I'll just say... No, you'll need to play through 100 times to get them all. Quake 4 for an example of where they are not stackable. Like what was mentioned, you can't account for everyone including that in their road maps though. I like this idea!