PDA

View Full Version : Gettin Paid $$$ Just Curious... Johan Santana

Shaaady Souljah
12-31-2006, 11:28 PM
After Lefties Barry Zito (definitely in the upper tier of pitchers, but not theee best) and Ted Lilly (definitely an above average pitcher at best) got such huge contracts this year, mostly due to the lack of solid dominating lefties in teams' rotations... how much do you think Johan Santana will be going for next year??? (Zito's $126 million was the highest ever for a pitcher.)

I ask because I am a die hard Twins fan and know it is virtually impossible to keep him much longer than beyond this next year because of our low payroll compared to everyone else--plus the fact Justin Morneau and Joe Mauer are going to be deserving of so much $$$ as well.

I will enjoy his domination for us again this year, knowing it could very well be the last. I am thinking a 200+ million contract is in the makings for Santana...possibly even the highest contract ever by a sports player (A-Rod got $252 million from the evil Yankee empire.) The way these contracts seem to go up so much from year to year, it is definitely not out of the question...

What do you all think? Santana will be a Minnesota Twin for life? (I wish, but doubt it!) Santana will go to a Yankees or Red Sox or Cubs team for $200+ million? Santana will go to a team for a smaller contract in the $100million range?

PerpetualHeaven
01-01-2007, 12:32 AM
Johan is arguably the best pitcher in the league. He better get paid more than Zito.

die coward
01-04-2007, 10:24 AM
Actually, A-rod got $252 mill from the rangers, then when he was traded, the contract went with him.

I don't know the Twins' budget, so I couldn't answer that. I hope the Mets get him. They lost Bannister and Pedro Martinez won't be back until the All-Star break. :(

IMportdreams95
01-04-2007, 05:55 PM
Johan is arguably the best pitcher in the league. He better get paid more than Zito.

thats for sure, would be nice to see him goto the Redsox. we need some pitching

Shaaady Souljah
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
when he goes... i really hope it is NOT the Yanks. i have no problem with the Sox or the Mets. there is just somethin about the yankees--i think they are who is responsible for the start of this ridiculous spending thing every year.

oh, and sorry die coward, but Santana will not be moving this year to help the Mets. I was speculating for a year or 2 or 3 down the road. but i think that Pelfrey kid will be pretty good--he showed some nice things late last year.

IMportdreams95
01-04-2007, 11:10 PM
when he goes... i really hope it is NOT the Yanks. i have no problem with the Sox or the Mets. there is just somethin about the yankees--i think they are who is responsible for the start of this ridiculous spending thing every year.

oh, and sorry die coward, but Santana will not be moving this year to help the Mets. I was speculating for a year or 2 or 3 down the road. but i think that Pelfrey kid will be pretty good--he showed some nice things late last year.

i with you, honestly i think GOD hates the yanks too. who doesnt!

ImmortalLeoman
01-07-2007, 07:53 AM

I think we have the KC Royals to thank for that with that 5 year $55mil contract they gave to a pitcher named Gil Meche:confused:

Fonkey Monkey
01-07-2007, 08:14 AM
I hope he comes to the cardinals :woop: