PDA

View Full Version : Google Problem

SengIV
06-12-2009, 09:50 PM
When I click on an achievement list from Google it does a weird glitch.

Say Damnation.

Damnation Achievement List from x360a.org

I click on it. It begins to load then reloads the Google page. It wont load no matter what I do. I have to go to the home page then go to search. Blah blah.

Just thought I would mention it.

Itsbrown4606
06-13-2009, 12:40 AM
Everything's all hunky-dory for me... try clearing your cache and all that good stuff.

kaleido42
06-13-2009, 02:59 AM
Do what Brown x360a said and I would also suggest trying a different web browser.

Pashos
06-13-2009, 03:02 AM
I just tried and that happened to me, too. It doesn't bother me though because I always just search from the home page anyway, I never search from Google.

Ingles
06-13-2009, 03:05 AM
And make sure that you have the latest version. I was having some funny issues a while back until I updated to the latest Beta version which is pretty sweet.

The Pants Party
06-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Well the issue is the link google is providing. If you look at it, the link is working fine. Unfortunately, the link is adding the game to your wishlist (www.xbox360achievements.org/addmyGames.php?gameID=658&type=wishlist (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/addmyGames.php?gameID=658&type=wishlist) -). Once something is added to a collection or wishlist, it reloads the same webpage you were just on (be it a game's overview, achievement list, guide, etc), which in this case is the google search results.

Why are you using google to search for lists on our site anyway? Use the "search for a game" box on the main site.

Anyway, I'd suggest anyone who did this check their wishlist and remove Damnation (or any other game) that they may have inadvertently added.

SengIV
06-13-2009, 01:03 PM
It is easier to search from google on my iPhone then from the website.

The Pants Party
06-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Fair enough. I tried a few other games and they returned normal links right to the main list, so google must have just pulled something weird for Damnation.