PDA

View Full Version : WaW/360 Help!!!!

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 02:54 AM
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=2040620&posted=1#post2040620

I know this may not be the right place to put this thread but I've already put it in the WaW thread as you can see above and I have gotten zero help. If anyone know what is the matter then can you PLEASE help me. I am losing my mind trying to figure this out.

The Info:
(This is playing Map Pack 2) My WaW disc was failing the other day after it was working fine all morning, I didn't take it out of my 360 when I transported to my other house. I started it up for some Nazi Zombies fun and it freezes everytime at the loading screen for NZ. I figure my DLC is "broken" and I re-DL and clear my cache to no avail. I then clean it and it works fine for an hour until it stops mid NZ and says to try to clean my disc again. Still doesn't work and I try a couple more times. It still doesn't work. So I try to play some multiplayer, same problem. Everything that I try to play has the same problem, freezing at the loading screen. This is when I say bollocks to this and I actually go out and get a BRAND NEW disc. I pop it in this morning and I have the same exact problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Ask if any of this information does not make sense or needs to be elaborated upon. Thanks!

kaleido42
06-13-2009, 02:58 AM
Quite strange, maybe there's a problem with the lens.

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 03:15 AM
Quite strange, maybe there's a problem with the lens.

I thought that too, but I don't seem to be having any problems with any of my other games. Is there a way to establish if it is the lens?

Thegreatest7884
06-13-2009, 03:25 AM
I don't know of any other people that bought it, but maybe ask around and see if any other people are having the same problem. It could always be an error in the DLC.

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-13-2009, 03:29 AM
install cod:waw to your harddrive and play off there.

colmotoole2
06-13-2009, 03:31 AM
its ur xbox, u need a repair

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 03:34 AM
install cod:waw to your harddrive and play off there.

I've tried that, initially I was playing off of the install, and I even deleted that and tried playing off of the disc. Still nothing, then I reinstalled it and the same problem!

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 03:35 AM
its ur xbox, u need a repair

What makes you think that? I have only been having problems with this game. Do you have anything to back this up?

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 03:36 AM
I don't know of any other people that bought it, but maybe ask around and see if any other people are having the same problem. It could always be an error in the DLC.

There was a "broken DLC" problem for early DLers but I've already tried that fix which is to clear your cache.

GhOsT SLaYeR
06-13-2009, 03:37 AM
did you install the DLC on that account?

or is the DLC the problem, or the whole game...?

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 04:14 AM
did you install the DLC on that account?

or is the DLC the problem, or the whole game...?

I did install the DLC on this account. I don't think the DLC is the problem because I deleted the DLC and tried regular NZ with the same problem. I'm assuming the multiplayer is still broken. :/

kaleido42
06-13-2009, 04:22 AM
I thought that too, but I don't seem to be having any problems with any of my other games. Is there a way to establish if it is the lens?

No idea, although if it is quite dusty around your xbox the lens could get dirty from what I have heard. Another thing (don't know if the 360 has ever had this problem but the wii did with smash bros.) is that if you smoke in your house the lens can develop sort of a film on it which can cause problems with it reading certain games. (like I said, it was that way with some things on the wii but I have no idea about other consoles, and I'm not suggesting that you do or don't smoke, just bringing out all possibilities.

Thegreatest7884
06-13-2009, 04:28 AM
This (https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php) is the customer support boards for activision and reps from Treyarch answer questions there. Maybe ask one of them? I don't think it's your xbox, but I have no idea what else it could be.

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 04:37 AM
No idea, although if it is quite dusty around your xbox the lens could get dirty from what I have heard. Another thing (don't know if the 360 has ever had this problem but the wii did with smash bros.) is that if you smoke in your house the lens can develop sort of a film on it which can cause problems with it reading certain games. (like I said, it was that way with some things on the wii but I have no idea about other consoles, and I'm not suggesting that you do or don't smoke, just bringing out all possibilities.

I don't smoke and neither does anyone who lives with me, but I guess it can get pretty dusty around my box. Any way to remedy this?

This (https://activision.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/activision.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php) is the customer support boards for activision and reps from Treyarch answer questions there. Maybe ask one of them? I don't think it's your xbox, but I have no idea what else it could be.

Thanks, I'll post about there. ;)

colmotoole2
06-13-2009, 04:38 AM
What makes you think that? I have only been having problems with this game. Do you have anything to back this up?

same thing happened to me and I gots the red ring of doom

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 04:43 AM
same thing happened to me and I gots the red ring of doom

Right, because overheating has to do with my problem.

colmotoole2
06-13-2009, 04:57 AM
Right, because overheating has to do with my problem.

Well, I just got the RRoD from my xbox freezing while playing WaW. Plug it into a different outlet and c if it works

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 05:09 AM
Well, I just got the RRoD from my xbox freezing while playing WaW. Plug it into a different outlet and c if it works

What? What does plugging my system into a different outlet change ANYTHING?

icypinksmurf
06-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Here's an interesting note. When I tried firing it up on my other 360 I got the error message "Downloadable content is damaged." This is offline though, and I don't think that I have updated the latest WaW uupdates on this 360.. I'll try to get the online working and check it out.