PDA

View Full Version : Will there be any additional downloadable content for Guitar Hero Metallica?

DeATHMaGNETIC25
06-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Will there be any additional downloadable content for Guitar Hero Metallica? Apart from the Death Magnetic album. please and thank you

BrAin PuNch3r
06-13-2009, 05:03 PM
I dont think they would...with GH:Smash HIts coming out next week...

Dazz
06-13-2009, 07:58 PM
Be cool if they did, still a crapload of Metallica songs and covers I'd love to play on this game.

dean wars
06-13-2009, 08:56 PM
i wanted to hear and listen to more metallica songs as i am a growing metallica fan. songs like hotter than thou and ride the lightning. but unfortunatly, like aerosmith,there wont be any dlc for this game.

Dazz
06-13-2009, 10:47 PM
I assume you mean Holier Than Thou. Before someone else replies with some lame harsh response.

But yeah I see what you mean, as a lifelong Tallica fan and you as a newer fan it could be awesome, there's not enough of a lot of songs.

No Call Of Ktulu? They have The Unforgiven and The Unforgiven III but not the second? Where's Until It Sleeps or either 2x4 or The Outlaw Torn to have Load represented more? Of Wolf And Man anyone?

Plus I'd love to see more from Kill 'Em All (namely Motorbreath), I wanna play Leper Messiah or Harvester Of Sorrow (be epic playing it at the Tushino Airfield venue minus the real life rapes and murders that happened during the show), maybe a bunch of Garage Inc songs or I Disappear or something.

Crimson Ridley
06-14-2009, 12:43 AM
I'd love to have every song by Metallica on here, but unfortunately, not going to happen.

And as for Ride The Lighting, Call of Ktulu, etc. those aren't on the game because of something to do with Dave Mustaine having writing credits, I do believe. I think he made sure that they couldn't use those songs on the game.

Dazz
06-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Which is kinda lame though I see why. I kinda had a feeling it'd be due to that when I first saw the setlist through a Metallica mailing thing ages ago but hey, since Mustaine's supposedly made up with them as he says why not Megadeth tracks? Or is he being a lame, whiny ass as usual (much as I like him) over something that happened 27 years ago?

Dazz
06-14-2009, 04:14 AM
Bahh double post....

DeATHMaGNETIC25
06-14-2009, 02:28 PM
I would like to see these songs Harvester Of Sorrow, I Disappear, Holier Than Thou, Through The Never, Ride The Lightning, The Unforgiven 2, Of Wolf And Man, The Four Horseman And Last Caress(Live Sh*t Binge & Purge) Any of these would make the game even better :)

DeATHMaGNETIC25
06-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Oh and Thank You All For Talking About The Subject :):):)

NightListenerUK
06-14-2009, 04:12 PM
I'd love to have every song by Metallica on here, but unfortunately, not going to happen.

And as for Ride The Lighting, Call of Ktulu, etc. those aren't on the game because of something to do with Dave Mustaine having writing credits, I do believe. I think he made sure that they couldn't use those songs on the game.

I hate the pettyness between megadeth and metallica - they seriously need to grow up. I would love some DLC for this game but yeah I agree it wont happen :(

EffEmmGee
06-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Its already been confirmed that there will not be any new DLC for Metallica, someone on another forum posed this quote from the OXM (not sure if the quote is UK or US though)

"Unfortunately, Guitar Hero: Metallica won't offer any new DLC. Neversoft says it's simply a time issue: they have just nine months to do these single-band-focused SKUs (i.e. GH Metallica and GH Aerosmith), so there's no time to build in the download/online infrastructure."

I also read somewhere that the band members Mo-Cap'd all the songs individually so any new songs would have to be redone.

Also what about licensing and rights?

TriRock
06-14-2009, 06:13 PM

Sums up my feelings as well.

adriano28
06-14-2009, 08:38 PM
alot like dean wars, i too became a new metallica fan (or as i love to call it, metallifan) thanks to this game. i only loved 2 metallica songs before i got it which were one (from gh3) and enter sandman (from rock band) and now i almost love them all. it wouldve been nice to hear songs like ride the lightning, and as dazz mentioned wheres the second unforgiven? and many other songs mentioned.

Dazz
06-14-2009, 09:20 PM
Just realised how old I feel.

I mean, I was born the same year Ride The Lightning came out, spent from birth listening to Metallica, Black Sabbath, Motorhead and others and now all these new people becoming fans of the band through this game.

Talking of which, I still think they should've had a Black Sabbath song in there if possible.

Nirumano
06-15-2009, 02:55 AM
I too am a recent Metallica fan, gh3 with one and dlc, and rock band with enter sandman presented them to me. Also found out that Iron Maiden has a lot of good songs aswell.

TriRock
06-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Talking of which, I still think they should've had a Black Sabbath song in there if possible.

I guess the reason is that Sabbath's Sabbra Cadabra wipes the floor with Metallica's cover. Like how The Boys Are Back in Town is in instead of WHiskey in the Jar.

Dazz
06-16-2009, 07:38 PM
I guess the reason is that Sabbath's Sabbra Cadabra wipes the floor with Metallica's cover. Like how The Boys Are Back in Town is in instead of WHiskey in the Jar.

I dunno, I grew up with Sabbath and Thin Lizzy as I probably mentioned already but to me, Metallica and Sabbath are equal when i comes to that. Plus I may be the only Metallica (or metal fan in general) to think their version of Whiskey In The Jar is the best.

I would've loved Fairies Wear Boots or hell, even Hole In The Sky since they played it when Sabbath were inducted in the Hall of Fame. Plus HITS is my favourite Sabbath song of all time anyway so selfish reasons.

Magic Coletrain
06-24-2009, 01:44 PM
i would love to have the whole "...And Justice For All" album on GH:M

Blackened, The frayed ends of sanity, Harvester of sorrow anyone?

also Jump in the fire, The four horsemen, Leper messiah, The unforgiven II etc

wolvieware
06-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I found it disappointing that there was not any DLC for Aerosmith, considering how many great songs they left out. Shame there won't be any for this either.

BrAin PuNch3r
07-01-2009, 04:27 AM
Who cares about Aerosmith...Metallica deserves to have more DLC because they are one of the best bands ever(Aerosmith is good too but not on the same level as Metallica) but its dumb that they are shitting out GH s left and right so there is no time to put out DLC...

shin-akuma
07-01-2009, 06:18 AM
Who cares about Aerosmith...Metallica deserves to have more DLC because they are one of the best bands ever(Aerosmith is good too but not on the same level as Metallica) but its dumb that they are shitting out GH s left and right so there is no time to put out DLC... You realise Aerosmith is the best selling american hard rock band of all time right? and I'm pretty sure they hold the record for the most gold and platinum albums. That would probably make Aerosmith the greater of the 2 and the more deserving. But I would say they both deserve some dlc as both were missing some of their good songs.

EffEmmGee
07-01-2009, 07:54 AM
*sighs* for those few people who are still going on about DLC for Metallica...

Its already been confirmed that there will not be any new DLC for Metallica, someone on another forum posed this quote from the OXM (not sure if the quote is UK or US though)

"Unfortunately, Guitar Hero: Metallica won't offer any new DLC. Neversoft says it's simply a time issue: they have just nine months to do these single-band-focused SKUs (i.e. GH Metallica and GH Aerosmith), so there's no time to build in the download/online infrastructure."

I also read somewhere that the band members Mo-Cap'd all the songs individually so any new songs would have to be redone.

Also what about licensing and rights?

achievementjockey
09-11-2009, 06:21 AM
Yeah, like a couple of other people, i am becoming a new metallica fan, and more dlc then just death magnetic would be good, even though its not going to happen.