PDA

View Full Version : Internet problems

EliteShadowMan
06-13-2009, 06:53 PM
So i need help with my internet here. My brothers moving back in and i have to move my 360 and tv back up to my room away from my computer. But my problem is my rooms computer has a wireless connection and i have tried to use the wireless adapter to connect from my room upstairs to the downstairs internet or any internet at all and it wont work. Does anyone know if theres any other way i can get it to work?

MadD4mon
06-13-2009, 08:11 PM
Do you get some kind of error message we could work with?

EliteShadowMan
06-13-2009, 08:16 PM
well i havent tried it for about 4 months (moved it downstairs after it wouldnt work) but i think if i remember correctly it doesnt connect to the IP.

TheViegas
06-13-2009, 09:13 PM
well i havent tried it for about 4 months (moved it downstairs after it wouldnt work) but i think if i remember correctly it doesnt connect to the IP.

IP as in Internet provider or internet protocol? Anyway, if you have a wireless router you might need to configure it. Google on how to do that. I would explain it, but every router is different. Just search what model it is. If that doesn't work try calling the Internet provider.

BigMo763
06-13-2009, 10:59 PM
You can always run an ethernet cord through the wall (might be difficult depending on where the two rooms are located in comparison with one another).

If you don't want to do that and just want your wireless connection to work, I'd do what TheViegas suggested and Google how to configure your router. It's hard to suggest what to do to diagnose/fix the problem since we can't play around with the router, etc.

DarkBlackWidow
06-13-2009, 11:53 PM
Wireless in defintely the way to go.