PDA

View Full Version : xbox cooler

GradeAbra
06-14-2009, 03:49 AM
Well isit a good idea to get a cooler for my xbox?
I notice that after playing awhile, my room is fill with hot air from the xbox console. Does the cooler helps actually?

Pure Efficiency
06-14-2009, 05:12 AM
What exactly do you mean by "cooler"? Like a Intercooler? I'm asking because there's a bunch of different ways to "cool" your 360 down.

bloodelf007
06-14-2009, 07:06 AM
I hear that an intercooler can actually "fry" your 360

Revolver
06-14-2009, 07:08 AM
Get the Nyko Intercooler, enough said.
I own one and it keeps my 360 pretty cool and I've had this console since the release date so I trust that the intercooler is helping prolong the lifespan of it.

Before others tell you that it sucks the power from your 360 or that it melts into the grates, know that these issues have been fixed and the model I'm recommending you is the newer one so you won't have to worry about anything.

Cheezbrgr
06-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Get the Nyko Intercooler, enough said.
I own one and it keeps my 360 pretty cool and I've had this console since the release date so I trust that the intercooler is helping prolong the lifespan of it.

Before others tell you that it sucks the power from your 360 or that it melts into the grates, know that these issues have been fixed and the model I'm recommending you is the newer one so you won't have to worry about anything.

You don't really need one. My xbox has done fine in 45+ degree (celcius) temperatures without it

An Amish Woman
06-14-2009, 07:35 AM
I dnt think getting a fan is that big of a deal. Just set ur xbox near an open window or somethin.

Revolver
06-14-2009, 07:43 AM
I dnt think getting a fan is that big of a deal. Just set ur xbox near an open window or somethin.

Lol, that plus having it standing vertically would be a disaster waiting to happen.

An Amish Woman
06-14-2009, 08:21 AM
Lol, that plus having it standing vertically would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Whys that? Thats exactually how ive got mine. Its standing on top of my dresser about 2 feet from the window.

Revolver
06-14-2009, 08:32 AM
Well because if it's in a vertical position next to a window (depending on how close it is to be exact) there's always the danger of something knocking it down and maybe even out the window.
I'm just saying, spending $15 for an intercooler as opposed to buying a new 360 because it fell out the window would be a safer choice.

An Amish Woman
06-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Meh, im not to worried about it. Ive shaken the dresser and the xbox never moved. It wouldnt fall out the window cuz its got a screen on it, so I dnt see a reason why itd even go out of it. Im not worried about it over heating anyways, if it did then microsoft can replace it. Thats the least they could do for how much I pay for all the shit. (games, xbl)