PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Cheat???

SengIV
06-14-2009, 04:10 AM
It seems that the same people are always at the top with perfect scores. I hit an answer and slammed the B button before the choice came up and only got 168 for speed, yet they are always at 200. How??

VenomousDingo
06-14-2009, 04:39 AM
I've been able to manage 180's pretty regularly with the occasional 190 speed bonus. It's not a cheat, it's just knowing the answer before the three options are presented and buzzing in *instantly* when the right one starts to show up.

HughJazz
06-14-2009, 02:35 PM
But it won;t let you pick the answer until it's displayed. When I know the answer and it shows the first two I start pressing the last one before it's displayed. It won't lock in the answer until it is actually displayed on the screen, but I'm only getting 170 max.

kaleido42
06-14-2009, 02:38 PM
I think some people are just too smart.

PMILL69
06-15-2009, 12:03 AM
not all people playing the game are dumb some people are really smart

Pogo27
07-01-2009, 01:01 AM
Get faster fingers. When I know the answer before any of the options pop up, I always get 175+.

It does seem to me that it's hard to get 200 on B or A than on X.

But if you really want to see whether or not you can get X, just super-fast repeatedly tap on X while the question is up before any answers pop up. There's a 2/3 chance you'll get the wrong answer, but you can test your speed ability.

I don't know if Internet lag can effect your speed bonus or not, but if you're not getting a good speed bonus, it's because your fingers are too slow or you're too dumb.

SengIV
07-02-2009, 02:29 AM
Get faster fingers. When I know the answer before any of the options pop up, I always get 175+.

It does seem to me that it's hard to get 200 on B or A than on X.

But if you really want to see whether or not you can get X, just super-fast repeatedly tap on X while the question is up before any answers pop up. There's a 2/3 chance you'll get the wrong answer, but you can test your speed ability.

I don't know if Internet lag can effect your speed bonus or not, but if you're not getting a good speed bonus, it's because your fingers are too slow or you're too dumb.

I have missed a total of ten. I'm not dumb, probably smarter then you.

And it isn't my fingers either. Bit there is no way those top ten always k ow the answer, every time, perfectly.

the_b1ues
07-10-2009, 11:27 PM
I have missed a total of ten. I'm not dumb, probably smarter then you.

And it isn't my fingers either. Bit there is no way those top ten always k ow the answer, every time, perfectly.

"Prob smarter than you" come on there was no need for that.

HooDLuM
07-10-2009, 11:34 PM
I got an answer right so fast i got 193, was buzzing !! :D

& I got the Banksy question right without propperly knowing, i knew he was from bristol so abit of common knowledge.

I cant believe person got the football question wrong!

How won the Premier League in 2009

Man Utd, Bolton or Accrington Stanley..... LMFAO!!

phate89 0
07-10-2009, 11:55 PM
highest i got i think was around 180...

SengIV
07-11-2009, 01:00 AM
"Prob smarter than you" come on there was no need for that.

He said you are either too slow or too dumb. So yes there was need for that.

Trash Man
07-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I played in the UK beta for the first time last night and loved it :)

Fasted correct answer time bonus I has was 192, so it's not impossible to get high scores, you just need to be really quick. Knowing the answer to the question so that you don't need to wait for all the options makes a big difference.

beezelBug
07-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I enjoyed the UK beta until my daughter played up and I had to go clean a spill. then for some reason it would no longer accept any answers. Pressing any button would do nothing. went to the guide and the buttons worked there......

While I was on clean up duty the controller went out of range so the xbox thought it had disconnected. I tried powering it down and reconnecting but to no avail.

really odd but did anyone else get this problem?

Chezwig
07-15-2009, 04:04 PM
I snuck into the top ten kust the once so far - from the right questions coming up and knowing the awnsers and hammering asap as soon as s and a come up and hammering even before b comes up. I got 195+ a couple of times in that round. To be honest the key to the game for me is getting the correct awnsers (obviousily) and ensureing you preserve your streak. If you do anything other than skip or get questions right then you have no chance to win IMO.

Panda
07-16-2009, 08:19 PM
I've managed quite a few 200's on questions where I completely guess and have no idea.

Pretty sure you can only do it on the X questions.

katesith
07-17-2009, 03:29 AM
well there are some people that have superfast fingers such as guitarherophenom, he hits every note on ttfaf on gh3 so i think he is pretty good at that and it also takes a brain so study random news and general knowledge and your good with fast fingers

MONS1EUR FOL1E
07-17-2009, 12:13 PM
I almost always get instant answers. Now if only they'd include a few more Irish questions I'd be set..

Strygrog
07-17-2009, 08:12 PM
The only way I can figure they are doing it, is with a wired controller and a low latency connection. Or since it's beta, dev accounts using automated routines that know the answers to just push buttons for some odd testing purpose.

Their average answer speed would be like .1 of a second after 10 questions. Go here http://samuraikirby.com/ and test your reaction time. I can only manage .2 seconds. Or google one of the many other flash reaction apps and see how well you do. And hammering B while the answer X is still up still would affect your answer time. So how would someone get an average of .1 seconds over a period of questions?

Another funny thing is, have you noticed when the one chooses the Brain to answer 9 times out of 10 the brain gets it wrong? Even on the simplest of questions.

duckydan
07-20-2009, 05:22 PM
During one of the live show beta's the host answered the question and said there is a glitch in the game that people are exploiting and that's why some people have rediculously high scores. He said it's one of the things they are working on fixing.

Maritimus Rain
07-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Some people are just sitting there in extended play and spamming X with a turbo controller to get their average speed to 0. You'll notice in extended play, when the answer is X, more people get the question right on average.

Trash Man
07-27-2009, 07:47 PM
Some people are just sitting there in extended play and spamming X with a turbo controller to get their average speed to 0. You'll notice in extended play, when the answer is X, more people get the question right on average.

That's because the main factor of getting into the mob or the being the one is how fast you answer and not how many you get right or even how many times you play.

I've played a fair amount of the extended games now and I have done all 5 live nights so far in the beta and I'm yet to get into the mob or be the one. I play with 5 other friends, 1 of which uses a turbopad to spam x and get fast times. He's played less than I have and he has got no where near as many questions right as I have, yet he has been in the Mob 3 times now and has won the arcade game and some points the last 2 weeks.

I really hope they change this as I enjoy quiz games and I don't really want to have to spam x just to get low answer times. Surely speed should be the last factor when picking the mob?