PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Live parties

senote
06-14-2009, 07:39 PM
Okay my experience of parties so far hasn't been good, they seem to be ok when it's just a few people but as numbers get to 4 or 5 they seem to crash every 5 minutes.

So does anybody know of a good site with details on parties, maybe ways to make them more stable?

Also I have two friends who can't get into each others games, I suspect it's a firewall issue but i don't know what, any ideas?

Revolver
06-14-2009, 08:10 PM
If you have a constant issue with parties crashing on you then it's simply a matter of connectivity, either on your part ot any other members.
This used to happen to me a lot but for some reason it has subsided.
I don't think embarking on a crusade to find what the problem would be is necessary.:woop:

Thegreatest7884
06-14-2009, 08:13 PM
The more people you have, the easier it will mess up. Get a better connection. I've only ever had a party fail when I had eight people in it.

my_box_72
06-14-2009, 11:03 PM
Okay my experience of parties so far hasn't been good, they seem to be ok when it's just a few people but as numbers get to 4 or 5 they seem to crash every 5 minutes.

So does anybody know of a good site with details on parties, maybe ways to make them more stable?

Also I have two friends who can't get into each others games, I suspect it's a firewall issue but i don't know what, any ideas?

I haven't had any issues with party's crashing so far its been a good experience :locked

KillTheft_Echo
06-15-2009, 03:10 AM

I wouldn't say its all about connection. Me and a couple of my friends all have great connections, and every one and a while we all just get disconnected from the party.

As for the people who can't connect, also has happened to two of my friends. Don't think there is any way to fix it either.

Bearded Bugs
06-15-2009, 05:02 PM

That would be a NAT issue probably, I regularly check my NAT settings on the 360 to make sure my router hasn't decided to reset and wipe the configuration.

In the past, any connection issues I've had have always been fixed by sorting out the NAT properly.

Occasionally when in a party which is going well with no disconnections, a new person will join then we'll all get kicked... which is obviously a problem with the new person's connection, it's annoying but again, NAT is important.

I PURESPEED I
06-15-2009, 06:20 PM
It has nothing to do with connections for the most part. It's about the servers that Microsoft has dedicated to parties are much to small and feel the need to purge themselves every once and a while. This is just my idea about what it is. I have a perfect connection and I get disconnected from parties all the time, as do many of my friends that are directly wired to their from their routers.

Habitso
06-15-2009, 06:34 PM
This happens like once an hour for me and my friends. We just rejoin within about a minute. minor inconvenience but it'd be a problem if it happened every few minutes. I sometimes wish parties were bigger because I'm always in an 8 man party and some people are left out. Its annoying when all of my friends are in an 8 man party and I can't join :( Yeah but if they made them bigger then it'd be chaos with everyone speaking.

CaptainSpanner
06-15-2009, 06:37 PM
used to happen to me. it sorted itself out.

x2i
06-15-2009, 06:40 PM
I have an open NAT and so do most if not all of the people I regularly join parties with... however once in a while I cannot connect to certain parties until I am invited - even if they have the party settings to open.

And just lately, going online of CoD5 with a party seems to be playing up a little but I think that's a problem at CoD's end.

jamieCR7
06-15-2009, 06:45 PM
Yeah it all depends on your connection and the host of the party's connection. You and your friends should elect the person with the best connection and then from then on everyone should join their party. That's what me and my friends did anyway, and it does help a lot.

senote
06-16-2009, 06:55 PM
Some interesting answers, and some unhelpful ones too. It would help if there was an article at MS somewhere about how the parties actually work.

I have a theory that maybe the issues aren't to do with the party itself but the dashboard. Everybody in the party has a friends list and all your friends xbox's show what your doing, so you can go to the dashboard and see a nifty little avatar group of all the people in the party. So a party of 5 people who all only have 1 friend each means 5 other xbox's being updated about the status's, those same 5 people all with a friends list of 100 means 500 updates. I suspect this is also the same reason why the dashboard freezes up far to often for my liking.

Obviously the only way to test that is to get 8 xbox's 16 accounts, 8 with large friends lists, 8 with no friends and see what happens.

mrtrick92
06-16-2009, 07:37 PM
Ive had the same problem. Sometimes just one member disconnects and other times its all members. Not Good :(