PDA

View Full Version : A lil problem..

x0x P MAC x0x
06-15-2009, 12:45 AM
My Xbox360 got hit while i was playing a game and the game skipped i think and it has a big scratch in it. The game will play for maybe 5 min before the disc cannot be read anymore. Anyone know any tips or tricks on how i might be able to fix it or get it to run again?

CaptainSpanner
06-15-2009, 12:49 AM
the exact same thing happened to myu army of two disc. i heard that putting a disc in the freezer for 30 mins is suppost to help, i tried it and it didnt work. you are welcome to try it tho.

Gackt
06-15-2009, 12:52 AM
the exact same thing happened to myu army of two disc. i heard that putting a disc in the freezer for 30 mins is suppost to help, i tried it and it didnt work. you are welcome to try it tho.

How exactly is that supposed to help? lol. Same thing happened to my friend with his Army of Two disc oddly enough.. but he was unable to get it to work again.

cincychaos
06-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Depending on where you got it from, you might be able to take it back. I know it was some time ago, but my Halo 2 got scratched, brought it back to Wal-Mart and exchanged it. Just throwing that out there.

Keano
06-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Well if the game starts up in the first place just install it to the hard drive. If it's installed to the Hard Drive the disc is only used to show that you actually have the game.

Revolver
06-15-2009, 01:01 AM
You use your Xbox 360 as a punching bag?:boxer
Lol, anyways. The easiest thing I would recommend is renting the same exact game, replace the rental for your scratched disc, and return it.:blunt
Nobody will ever know and you won't have to worry about the game skipping anymore.

Jachyrax
06-15-2009, 01:02 AM
Well if the game starts up in the first place just install it to the hard drive. If it's installed to the Hard Drive the disc is only used to show that you actually have the game.
yeah but doesnt the game have to spin and everything to download everything to the HDD? thus making the installation become corrupt or something like that?
well i was at bestbuy and i saw this disc buffer that fixes scratched discs so it might work, i dont know any details on it though

Ligerblaze
06-15-2009, 01:04 AM
If its a deep scratch thers nothin you can do really... Maybe try the toothpaste trick, or just do like others say and do the bait and switch (rental thing).

Other wise, places like blockbuster have those disc cleaners. Works most of the time but depends on the scratch. (I suggest not buying your own... my dad got one and it sucked, and cost $60 on top of that, but maybe it was a bad brand)

Iregore
06-15-2009, 01:18 AM
yeah but doesnt the game have to spin and everything to download everything to the HDD? thus making the installation become corrupt or something like that?
well i was at bestbuy and i saw this disc buffer that fixes scratched discs so it might work, i dont know any details on it though

Yes it does need to spin the disc to install, but I have never heard of anyone getting a corrupt install. It checks as it is installing and if it cannot correctly read the data then it fails the install at that point on the disc. My Ninety-Nine Nights was in poor condition and kept failing at 70 something percent, one day on the off chance I tried again and it worked, no freezing yet from playing it.

jimi_stephen
06-15-2009, 01:29 AM
I would us the toothpaste thing first. just put a little toothpaste on it and WIPE FROM THE MIDDLE OUT!!!. If you wipe across the disk you can scratch it more. Just don't use a bleach toothpaste. Or you could get one of the 15 hand crank scratch removers. the $15 ones to the $400 professional ones do the exact same thing, so don't spend a lot of money on one.

Xodiac8118
06-15-2009, 01:40 AM
My thought is with the installing thing you could rent out a copy of the disk that was scratched and burn it to HDD like that if it fails to install a couple times. Also the video shop thing don't work unless you can remove all the stickers and stuff from the disk and place it on yours, but I wouldn't work because when they give out the disk to you they check it for scratches first.

x0x P MAC x0x
06-15-2009, 03:34 AM
Thanks a ton everyone. That helps a lot. Ima try and do the bait and switch idea.

EpicGinge
06-15-2009, 04:07 PM
use metal polish, will make it quite glitchy, but at least it doesn't force you out of the game.