PDA

View Full Version : Strange MU Problem...

Incinderator
06-15-2009, 01:43 AM
This is kind of a weird problem, and I'm not entirely sure how to explain it...

A long time ago, I bought a new Arcade because my other one had the E74 error. And Arcades are supposed to come with a memory card. But mine didn't. This made me pretty angry, because it wasn't in the memory card docks, and it wasn't anywhere in the box.

But everytime I load a game, it tells me to choose a storage device. And there are 2 choices: my hard drive and an MU. But there's no MU visible anywhere on the console.

So does anyone know what's going on? Am I missing something obvious? Any help is appreciated.

TheVoidRose
06-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Maybe something got stuck in the memery card slot.. or are you REALLY sure your memory card is not in there?

Try clicking the memory card option, see what it does.

CyanideBreathMint
06-15-2009, 01:50 AM
Pretty sure it's built into the console? Have you tried selecting the MU option to see what it does to confirm or not?

Revolver
06-15-2009, 01:55 AM
I wouldn't be so angry over it.
If it shows the option of the MU then it must be somewhere in there, otherwise it wouldn't be shown as a storage device option.
Do a trial run with it, save something and then try to load it up.:boxer

Incinderator
06-15-2009, 01:56 AM
What do you mean by clicking on the MU option? Like when it tells me to choose a storage device or in the system settings?

Revolver
06-15-2009, 01:58 AM
What do you mean by clicking on the MU option? Like when it tells me to choose a storage device or in the system settings?

Yeah... Pretty much. It's that simple.:blurp

CyanideBreathMint
06-15-2009, 01:58 AM
What do you mean by clicking on the MU option? Like when it tells me to choose a storage device?
Yes. Either way, try both so you'll know.

Incinderator
06-15-2009, 02:02 AM
I saved a few profiles on it and everything loads up and works fine. I just can't find it on the console.

Bobafettjm
06-15-2009, 02:10 AM
I just went over to my sister in laws house and played some Xbox with my nephew. He has an arcade unit also and I noticed that the MU is built in.

Incinderator
06-15-2009, 02:14 AM
Ok, so it's built in to the console? Great. I assume I can't take it around to my friend's houses to use, right?

CyanideBreathMint
06-15-2009, 02:37 AM
Not unless you plan on lugging your console with you, no. You'd need to purchase a physical MU to do that.

Incinderator
06-15-2009, 02:41 AM
That's just great.

Oh well, thanks for the help, everyone.

jimi_stephen
06-15-2009, 03:42 AM
I have an arcade and the MU is not built in, when did they start doing that?

jukkakhan
06-15-2009, 04:51 AM
The newest batch of Arcades that contain the Jasper chipset also have 256MB of flash memory onboard. If I remember correctly, they started coming out around the time NXE was coming out.

Iregore
06-15-2009, 09:59 AM
The newest batch of Arcades that contain the Jasper chipset also have 256MB of flash memory onboard. If I remember correctly, they started coming out around the time NXE was coming out.

Absolutely correct, they announced that the Arcade console would shift from a physical MU to a built in MU around October and they started appearing on the market around the release of NXE. This was praised at the time as the built in MU has quicker access than an external MU or the HDD. I do have a question though, the 360 has 2 memory card slots, so if it lists the internal memory unit as a memory card, if you have a card in both slots would it be able to list all three or not? Seems odd if not, but then that is the only console it would be possible with so I wonder if anyone has ever tried it.

jimi_stephen
06-16-2009, 09:21 AM
Man, I was hoping I had a Jasper console:rant:. On a side note, do all the Jaspers now come with a built in MU for profiles, etc?

PwcrLinux
06-16-2009, 04:41 PM

A long time ago, I bought a new Arcade because my other one had the E74 error. And Arcades are supposed to come with a memory card. But mine didn't. This made me pretty angry, because it wasn't in the memory card docks, and it wasn't anywhere in the box.

But everytime I load a game, it tells me to choose a storage device. And there are 2 choices: my hard drive and an MU. But there's no MU visible anywhere on the console.

So does anyone know what's going on? Am I missing something obvious? Any help is appreciated.

You bought the new model of Xbox Arcade, it's Jasper chipset and onboard 256MB MU.

That I have jasper box. you can use old MU card into new jasper box, you will see 3 choices in there.

Duke Nukem 3D on my 256MB MU Card it's fast loading wow!

IIIDEFAULTIII
06-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Yea the new model arcades have a built in mu for the NXE to fit on it mines the same way.

echo65
06-17-2009, 12:24 AM
I love my Jasper. lol. Only thing is is that there are still older non Jasper arcade boxes on shelves. Very frustrating if you are shopping for one. Me and two friends all bought Arcade boxes at the same time. 2 Jaspers, one non. Question for other Jasper owners: have you had any issues with rear USB port? I have wireless adaptor that works fine with other xboxes' rear USB, but has issues with mine :(

jamieCR7
06-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Like others have said, I think it is internal memory now. Does defeat the purpose of the convenience of a memory card though :confused:

Pure Efficiency
06-17-2009, 12:28 AM

I'm not exactly sure how to solve your problem, but I'd take your 360 back to wherever you bought it right away. If you didn't get everything in the box that's supposed to be there, you should be obliged to a return or at least a free card.