PDA

View Full Version : Bubble Bobble coming to the 360?

ApochWeiss
06-15-2009, 08:31 AM
So...I'm freakin' bored...I remember reading people find out through the ESRB about new games. I check their site, and I come across this:

Bubble Bobble Neo!
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=26822

Friggin' sweet. As die hard a metal and horror buff as I am...I grew up on these cute dinosaur like things that blue bubbles. Now, I'm kinda mad I went there because I'm anxious for this, and I'm sure there is no release date for it anywhere.

Anyone else hear about this?

Twilight Star
06-15-2009, 08:47 AM
arrhh man... I used to love playing co-op with my brother on this, when I was kid. :D I miss my NES now. :( I want Bust-a-Move aswell now;)

Thanks Apoch you made my morning awesome.

ApochWeiss
06-15-2009, 08:50 AM
arrhh man... I used to love playing co-op with my brother on this, when I was kid. :D I miss my NES now. :( I want Bust-a-Move aswell now;)

Thanks Apoch you made my morning awesome.

No problem. I also saw these, didn't know how people felt about them, but everyone loves Bubble Bobble, so I just stuck with that.

Rainbow Islands: Towering Adventure
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=26944

The Secret Of Monkey Island: Special Edition
http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=26914

I admit I heard of secret of monkey island, but not ranbow islands. These are all Taito though.

Twilight Star
06-15-2009, 09:05 AM
Rainbow islands is apparently the sequel to Bubble Bobble.. but i've never herd of it up until now.

T0b3
06-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Nice. I somewhere heard about Bubble Bobble before, I think.

Anyway, I am really looking forward to this. : )

ApochWeiss
06-15-2009, 09:08 AM
Rainbow islands is apparently the sequel to Bubble Bobble.. but i've never herd of it up until now.

I thought that's what it was but I wasn't sure. I know there was so knock off called Parasol Stars, and at first I thought that was what that game was.

Twilight Star
06-15-2009, 09:19 AM
I thought that's what it was but I wasn't sure. I know there was so knock off called Parasol Stars, and at first I thought that was what that game was.

Yeah i was just looking on wikipedia (i know not a good place to look for information) and says that Parasol Stars and Bubble Bobble part 2 are direct sequels form this game.So I think Parasol Stars and Rainbow Islands are the same gamebut ether way Taito have my money for both games.

Jappe XBA
06-15-2009, 09:31 AM
So sweeeeeeeeeet! A must buy for me :)

Waggaz
06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
me and my frend used to always play bubble bobble at his house back in the PS1 days lol.

I lov it .

Gackt
06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!! This is only like my favorite game ever!!

I hope they keep the old soundtrack :D Had the best music...for 99 levels in a row lol

YogiB
06-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Good old memory :D. Looking forward if it comes on 360 :D.. Instad buy^^.
Shall say a lot of old-school games are coming :D

Pixo
06-15-2009, 02:24 PM
I had no clue what this game was until I looked up some pictures of it. Wow, I haven't played this game for ages. Unfortunately I never played the DS versions of it, I guess I'll check it out on the arcade though. I'm surprised a game like this got from NES all the way to XBLA though.

Deleted2014-12-02
06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU---------

SUPER. HARD. NOSTALGIA BOMBS.

OMG! I loved playing Bubble Bobble...

Gun-Nut
06-15-2009, 10:46 PM
I swear Bubble Bobble was said to be coming to XBLA awhile back :D can't wait.

punker
06-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Bubble Bobble ruled. I used to beg my dad to take me to the local pizza place when I was a kid so I could play it. I had it for the NES and just about wore out the cartridge.

So I think Parasol Stars and Rainbow Islands are the same gamebut ether way Taito have my money for both games.

They're actually different games. I never got a chance to play Parasol Stars, but Rainbow Islands was packaged for the NES as Bubble Bobble II... I believe Parasol Stars was supposed to be Bubble Bobble III.

I remember renting Rainbow Islands ages and ages ago. I was really excited when I saw the box at the video store say that it was a Bubble Bobble sequel, but the gameplay is quite a bit different from the original. To be honest, I can't even remember if it was good or bad, I just remember that it was very different.

Edit-- here's some footage of Rainbow Islands:

YouTube - Amiga - Rainbow Island

Ooyah
06-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Yeah i was just looking on wikipedia (i know not a good place to look for information) and says that Parasol Stars and Bubble Bobble part 2 are direct sequels form this game.So I think Parasol Stars and Rainbow Islands are the same gamebut ether way Taito have my money for both games.

Bubble Bobble was the first game in the series. After that, Rainbow Islands came along, in which you play the same characters (Bub and Bob), but this time in their human forms. Rainbow Islands is subtitled: The Story of Bubble Bobble 2. Just to confuse matters, Parasol Stars came later, and was referred to as Rainbow Islands 2!!! Even though Parasol Stars had a lot more in common with Bubble Bobble than Rainbow Islands.

Bubble Bobble is my favourite game of all time, and Rainbow Islands is number 3 in my list!!! So I CAN'T WAIT!!! NEED NOW!!!!! :Bounce: