PDA

View Full Version : LIVE Tournament Scores

SweetBlackMagic
06-15-2009, 03:19 PM
Can someone help me understand how people are shooting -28 under par on these tournaments with no putt preview, no 3-click swings, and precision putting ONLY? I consider myself a decent player (can usually break 60 on most courses), but some of these scores are just crazy. The "Big Money" ach may be unattainable for me....dammit!

patches4711
06-15-2009, 04:25 PM
Playing over live this weekend I am hearing rumors of people using turbo controllers to hit long distances, etc. Some of it is really crazy the best I shot was -5 in live tournament and I did not get any money. 5 million is a long way off..

FollowTheLeadJK
06-15-2009, 11:52 PM
People are buying modded/turbo xbox 360 controllers off evil controller.com for around $120. Lets you hit the ball straight every time and on the tee you can hit it around 450+

ajennice
06-16-2009, 03:55 AM
save your sanity.. don't play online tourneys...

I've also heard of hacking the paramiters of the game allowing a drive to be hit right to the center of the aimer every time, boosting drive distance...

not hard, just ripping apart the game, and inserting different factors and then rebundling it
Been done in guitar hero games, left for dead, halo 2 and 3.....etc.
youtube the game mods for 360 (left 4 dead has alot)
Here's a link on how they modded L4d... different game, but same concept

YouTube - Left 4 Dead : Xbox 360 Mods

AJ

Der Fuhrer
06-16-2009, 04:00 AM
great job EA, you made a achievement that is going to be almost completely unachieveable, if you do not raise the purse size or make it so everyone gets cash I will probably never get this achievement.

FollowTheLeadJK
06-16-2009, 04:43 AM
Nice left 4 Dead video i thought it was funny lol

bplayak
06-16-2009, 03:21 PM
Can someone help me understand how people are shooting -28 under par on these tournaments with no putt preview, no 3-click swings, and precision putting ONLY? I consider myself a decent player (can usually break 60 on most courses), but some of these scores are just crazy. The "Big Money" ach may be unattainable for me....dammit!
Playing over live this weekend I am hearing rumors of people using turbo controllers to hit long distances, etc. Some of it is really crazy the best I shot was -5 in live tournament and I did not get any money. 5 million is a long way off..

I can see shooting -28 on amateur as a winner. Sometimes you just have that great round. The best I've done on a live tourney is a -24 under score. Made every possible birdie and eagle and holed out twice. The problem I have is like sweetblackmagic said is how are people shooting so low on Tour Pro tourney's. Turbo controllers don't help there. With all your stats capped at 7.0 with no boost is really really tough on some of those courses and I don't see how it's possible to shoot so low. Who knows???

SweetBlackMagic
06-23-2009, 05:40 PM
Well, that sucks...I like achievements, but have never "cheated" for them. What are you actually "achieving?" LOL. Oh well...maybe EA and other companies will learn and try to make the achs "cheat proof."