PDA

View Full Version : HDMI Sound issue

laundryman
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I recently hookep up my xbox with an HDMI cable and it was working fine before. Soon, however, the sound wasn't coming out of my speakers so I had to unplug them to have any sound.

Now the sound won't even come out of my tv. This is only happening when I play on HDMI. I can have sound coming out of anything else (tv channels with speakers, normal AV cables, ect.)

Anyone know how to fix this? I've searched solutions and tried them but nothing seems to be working. I'd rather not buy a new cable but if it comes to that I guess I can.

ViRaLuNdEaD
06-15-2009, 05:38 PM
Do you have another HDMI cable that you can test with? I only had this issue when they first released the NXE. They patched it soon after and all my HDMI issues went away.

laundryman
06-15-2009, 05:40 PM
This is the only cable I have. I looked that up before and it said that it's been resolved but I'm still having issues.

ViRaLuNdEaD
06-15-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd go buy a cheap cable and see if that fixes your issue. Also, check your TV and see if it has any HDMI management options. Try turning those on or off and see if it makes a difference.

laundryman
06-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Okay thanks for the replies.