PDA

View Full Version : Arcade Game problem

TopBadge
06-16-2009, 01:30 PM
A couple of years ago i decided to buy Golden Axe from the market place.
Then the other day i wanted to play it but every time i load it up it asks me to unlock it :confused: so i unlock it again. of course since i have already paid i can just unlock it for free. but still it asks me to unlock when i load it up. :mad:
I feel i have tried every thing. I've tried uninstalling it and then downloading it
again. nothing seems work.

So does any one have any ideas of what the problem is and what i should do to fix it?.

THX

[Waggly Bean]
06-16-2009, 01:34 PM
So what happens when you click to unlock the full version? Nothing at all?

TopBadge
06-16-2009, 01:36 PM
nope, just thinks its an trial

TopBadge
06-16-2009, 01:49 PM
i need to go do some other stuff now ill be back later

ThrillKillBill
06-16-2009, 01:53 PM
nope, just thinks its an trial
i need to go do some other stuff now ill be back later

double post FTW!

**turns off sarcasm mode**

This is a new one by me...... i think you'll need to call M$

Gun-Nut
06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Could just be a problem with Golden Axe since I know with Sonic 2 I use to get this but if I hit Unlock Full Game from the menu of the game and re-downloaded it would work :) but have to do it every time.

[Waggly Bean]
06-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Have you tried playing any other XBLA games that you bought around the same time?

I'm wondering if it's a drm issue. Have you changed your XBox at some point - had a faulty one, or maybe upgraded from core to premium or premium to elite?

TopBadge
06-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Yes, all my other posts seem to work fine

OldBayFries
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Waggly bean kinda got your answer if you changed your xbox after you purchased the arcade game.

If you did change your xbox, you need to use the free DRM tool. You can find it on the xbox website. You can only use it once per year which kinda sux.

[Waggly Bean]
06-16-2009, 07:51 PM
Waggly bean kinda got your answer if you changed your xbox after you purchased the arcade game.

If you did change your xbox, you need to use the free DRM tool. You can find it on the xbox website. You can only use it once per year which kinda sux.

Yes, well that's what I was angling at, but as he said his others all worked fine and he didn't mention whether he changed his XBox or not, I figured it'd probably be a problem with the game itself.

The only other thing I can think of is if you delete the game again, then make sure any save file for Golden Axe that exists on the system is deleted, then redownload the game again. Could be a corrupt save file messing things up?

Ligerblaze
06-16-2009, 11:52 PM
If you waited a couple years to play it i dont think its worth it to try now :p