PDA

View Full Version : Hiding games from others

DTLIONS1013
06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
If there is a game that I do not want people to see that I have played, is there a way I can hide it from them when they compare games with me

Ry Fryy
06-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Hannah Montana, huh?

jamieCR7
06-16-2009, 07:27 PM
What game is it?

And yes you can, go into privacy settings I think and you can block people from seeing your achievements on games. It blocks every game though, not just the shameful one :p

mrtrick92
06-16-2009, 07:34 PM
Hannah Montana, huh?

Exactly what i was thinking lol :D

DTLIONS1013
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
not Hannah Montana, Magic the Gathering

mrtrick92
06-16-2009, 07:42 PM
not Hannah Montana, Magic the Gathering

Lol dont be embarresed about these games just make up some excuse as to why you play them looool :p

SeanTM22
06-16-2009, 07:44 PM
lol does it really matter/.?/?

Deyankees1
06-16-2009, 07:45 PM
How is magic embarrassing I'm I missing something. I never played the card game but I don't find it embarrassing enough where you have to hide the arcade game.

Ligerblaze
06-16-2009, 10:25 PM
My Horse and Me 2, anyone?

NoToRi0uS
06-16-2009, 10:31 PM
My Horse and Me 2, anyone?

lmao maybe HSM3

TheVoidRose
06-16-2009, 10:37 PM
At least now we know he played Magic, oh no...

I don't see why you should have to feel bad for loveing something. Suck it up, stand up for yourself. Don't let anyone put you down for enjoying yourself, I enjoy Earth Defence Force 2017 AND Bulletwitch.. as well as Rumble Roses XX! I see no shame in any of them.

Besides that you can only hide all or none of your games, not select few.

An Amish Woman
06-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Hiding ur games just makes you look guilty. Defiantly shouldnt hide them!

Revolver
06-16-2009, 11:42 PM
Lol, what kind of games would you be playing if you're ashamed of others seeing them on your played list?:woop::eek:

Shelton
06-17-2009, 12:30 AM
Using the privacy settings makes you look like a gamesaver/hacker.

Who cares if you do play Hannah Montana, or Magic: The Gathering. At the end of the day, it's all about what you enjoy.

I don't see how it is embarrasing to play Magic... I think it's kind of cool personally.

L0cke89
06-17-2009, 12:44 AM
At least now we know he played Magic, oh no...

I don't see why you should have to feel bad for loveing something. Suck it up, stand up for yourself. Don't let anyone put you down for enjoying yourself, I enjoy Earth Defence Force 2017 AND Bulletwitch.. as well as Rumble Roses XX! I see no shame in any of them.

Besides that you can only hide all or none of your games, not select few.

EDF, you should be proud XD

I really love the recent retrospective on eurogamer.net

I couldn't care less about this stuff. I played, Avatar, My horse and me 2, bionicle heroes and even LSL (well I got payed to review it ;p) I f someone is like "Duuuuh gaaayyy" I just go *facepalm* and block the bitch.

v SnOwMaN v
06-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Hiding ur games just makes you look guilty. Defiantly shouldnt hide them!

How does it make you look guilty. I've blocked mine for the simple fact I got tired of getting tons of messages asking how to get certain achievements or to help them with one I got and it takes some boosting to get.

Thegreatest7884
06-17-2009, 01:51 AM
There's no reason to hide Magic. I never played it, but it isn't as bad as Hannah Montana or something like that.

ILoveFawkzes
06-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Maybe his church pastor is looking at his gamertag lol

Hangman Records
06-17-2009, 02:41 AM
Beats me. Let the world know I'm a beast at all games with extreme violence, strong language, alcohol reference, drug reference, and sexual themes/partial nudity.

darquesyde
06-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Best excuse for those games is "I have a girlfriend who plays." Works for me...oops. But I'll own up to Bulletwitch as well.

Gackt
06-17-2009, 04:31 AM
, I enjoy Earth Defence Force 2017 AND Bulletwitch..

oooooh ....you have excellent taste in games :D EDF is fantastic

Shelton
06-17-2009, 10:27 AM
How does it make you look guilty. I've blocked mine for the simple fact I got tired of getting tons of messages asking how to get certain achievements or to help them with one I got and it takes some boosting to get.

There is no harm in saying no or ignoring the messages.

Generally, if I see someone with privacy settings on, I believe them to be a gamesaver/hacker.
What is the point of working hard on all those achievements, if not to share them with others? I know there is personal satisfaction, but still.

Dragon's Heart
06-17-2009, 10:40 AM
Who really cares what games are on your account...I get shit from people all the time, just b/c I have Totemball and Yaris on my account and actually have some achievements on both games...I don't really care...The only thing that I hate for a game on my list are the ones that have those stupid achs right at the beginning to where you can't delete the game if you decide you don't like it...I did used to have my games list viewable by friends only (I dunno if it still is or not), but that was only b/c I was getting sick of constant friend request and messages of 'can you help me with this game, or these achs?' I swear to god I couldn't even log on for 2 seconds without somebody sending me a message...

jackanape
06-17-2009, 10:59 AM
Check my card - yup, it's full of crap. Hannah Montana, My Horse and Me 2, Shrek the Third, Dash of Destruction etc etc but who really cares?

Doesn't matter what anyone else thinks as long as you're happy with what you're playing. If anyone gives me shit then I just ask them if they have fully completed Army of Two, COD 3, Topspin 3, Wheelman and so on. Just chuck some tough games on there and flip people the V's.

Deadly Moves
06-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Hannah Montana, huh?
There is no shame in having Hannah Montana on your games list.
I'm a proud to have 1000/1000 from it ;)

I dont understand why you'd be embaressed about Magic the Gathering though :S

TheLastAntidote
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM
It shouldn't matter what's on your list... If people give you shit, it shouldn't bother you anyway... Don't give a crap about what everyone else thinks.

Also, I know a lot of people are wondering why he's concerned about people seeing MtG on his tag. People have the perception that playing collectible card games means you're a nerd or a geek. Atleast that's how it was when I was growing up and playing MtG the card game. Maybe he thinks that way about the video game version.

If that's his reasoning, then don't worry, being a hardcore gamer like almost everyone else on here already makes you a nerd/geek and to be honest... I'm ok with that.

dakisbac
06-17-2009, 01:24 PM
I only think something is fishy with privacy settings if the person has a high GS. You're a member here, and with that game on your card as well you should just man up and admit "I'm a gamerscore whore" whenever someone asks.

Mentioning privacy settings, anyone know where they are on xbox.com now?

@Tully (Shelton): besides shame and hiding cheating there's another reason why even I'd want to block my games played. Almost everyone who sees my 1000 in GRAW automatically calls me a gamesaver (I already told you about that guy that called me a "gamesaving cunt" after I whipped him in GH3). The majority of the people that don't are the ones that see my name on the leaderboards in GRAW (still in the top 20 for team) and then message me/friend request me, which is also an annoyance.

The only reason I don't have my games list set to friends only is because then 360voice wouldn't work

Shelton
06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I understand that Dak, but from my perspective, it is a minor inconvenience. If I had the 1000 in GRAW, i'd be proud as. I'd tell the world lol. In truth, I do enjoy the feeling I get from completing tough games but I also like others to see what I've done.

Seeing the occassional message or friend request pop up is fine by me. Delete/reply/ignore.

Anyhow, those people who like to call you a gamesaver are just jealous. Relish in the fact that they think it is so hard ( to 1000 GRAW) that cheating is the only way to do it!

TDC333
06-17-2009, 09:09 PM
A game is a game. Who cares who sees it? The old MTG PC game was a billion times better than playing the card game.

If you purchased the game then why be ashamed? You spent $10 on it. If people have anything negative to say tell them to try it and see if they enjoy the game.

Silent Skeelz
06-18-2009, 09:26 AM
I kind of wanted to be able to do the same thing awhile back. But I got over it. My friend's little brother got on my Xbox and played Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones. Not that I don't really like those game, it's just that I never intend to buy them and am personally picky about having a certain amount of gamer score on my games. I was glad to find out that I could delete game content if I had zero gamer score on the game. But unfortunately he got one achivement for fifteen gamer score on the fudgenucker so I couldn't nerf it.

So now it shows that I got fifteen gamer score on Lego Batman. A game I'll never play.

Bummer bro, I know. Just gonna have to live with it otherwise.

An Amish Woman
06-19-2009, 05:50 AM
So now it shows that I got fifteen gamer score on Lego Batman. A game I'll never play.

Why not play it? The achievements are extremely to get.

KSizzle
06-19-2009, 06:53 AM
I really never understood why people enable privacy settings. I don't care personally. I rarely even look through peoples entire game lists. I will usually check and see if they are playing something I am though. I probably would hide Avatar if I could though ;)

itb72
06-19-2009, 07:10 AM
*flips through "Achievement Whoring For Dummies"*

says here that with every unmanly and/or crappy game you play, you need to balance it out by playing 3 Mature-rated games. that way you will keep what little achievement cred and dignity you might have left after defiling your GS with games like DDR and Hannah Montana. :p

NathAttack
06-19-2009, 07:28 AM
games like DDR and Hannah Montana. :p

Please never relate those two, ever again :P

SilentSpartan7
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
dude it don matter why be so conscious of what people think, f them man. im gonna get hanna montana now and play that for the spite of it lol

An Amish Woman
06-19-2009, 12:04 PM
People who hide behind their privacy setting, are hiding from the truth. Dont look as guilty as they do!

Silent Skeelz
06-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Why not play it? The achievements are extremely to get. Because I don't own it and don't really intend to buy it, seeing as there are other games I'd rather spend my money on.

Simzo
06-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Urgh, who cares man. It's all for a bit of fun. I have played Bulletwitch, Hannah Montana on the Wii. If someone says something about it to you then just block/delete them. Problem solved.

An Amish Woman
06-22-2009, 01:37 AM
Then rent it, its cheap and easy.

Veteran
06-22-2009, 01:54 AM
Who gives a shit what games you've played, a true gamerscore whore has no shame.