PDA

View Full Version : xbox.com?

GradeAbra
06-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Isit down at the moment? I can't access it for 2 days..

AcKronic1988
06-17-2009, 02:42 AM
It Stopped working for me after the Maintenance started-Any Connection?

HLR zdmetal
06-17-2009, 02:42 AM
I thought just live was going to be down and the forums were going to be read only, but I can't get on xbox.com either.

L Demonic I
06-17-2009, 02:44 AM
They are fixing some stuff. It should be back up soon

wHw7
06-17-2009, 02:47 AM
From the home page:

Just firing a reminder out to everyone that in just under 2 hours (12:01am PST, 8:01am GMT) various aspects of the Xbox Live service will be down for up to 24 hours for maintenance.
So that means Xbox Live and the My Xbox area of Xbox.com will both be unavailable, whilst the Xbox.com forums will be read only. Who needs Xbox.com anyway when you have x360a. *wink wink* *nudge nudge*
With regard to what it is ... Major Nelson says "scheduled maintenance," but if you wanted to try and connect the dots further, the Zune service will also be down for the same period. Whether MS are doing all their spring cleaning together, who knows, but I would say, it doesn't take a genius to see what they're preparing for.
Weirdly enough as well, Twitter will be unaccessible for an hour of downtime from 2PM PST (10pm GMT) today. Please don't tell me that's coincidence too.
Notice I said preparing though, because Major points out that "you won’t see anything different on your console" when they fire the service back up on Wednesday.
Looks like offline achievement whoring today then if you need a gaming fix.

QueenFragger000
06-17-2009, 03:04 AM
Yeah, xbox live and xbox.com are down for maintenance.

I'm getting a little testy tho..I figured they'd be back up by now. They said it would be down for 24 hours max...and its been about 22 hours already, hasn't it? I thought they took it offline last nite at like midnight...

Geeeze...I need my killing people fix!! Somehow killing AI isn't doing it for me!

Youngtone 03
06-17-2009, 03:11 AM
they are taking forever
i want to kill some people in modern warfare

dakisbac
06-17-2009, 03:20 AM
If you guys are struggling without XBL I think it's an indicator that you play too much. And Live has only been down for 20 hours

ConfederateSuga
06-17-2009, 03:29 AM
22 and a half hours! lol and yes, this is ridiculous. I've been calling xbox.com all day and they're still not giving any definitive timelines. fags

dakisbac
06-17-2009, 03:32 AM
22 and a half hours! lol and yes, this is ridiculous. I've been calling xbox.com all day and they're still not giving any definitive timelines. fags

Perhaps I can't count, but it went down at 3 Am EST. It is now 11:30 Am EST, which is 20.5 hours. And why are you wasting your time harassing them? Wait the full 24 hours, then if it's not back you have a right to harass them. Fuck, some people.

v SnOwMaN v
06-17-2009, 03:33 AM
Sad.....damn just watch a movie or go to sleep. They said it will be down for 24hrs. So it will be back up at the same time it went down. 2AM PST.

katesith
06-17-2009, 03:39 AM
Sad.....damn just watch a movie or go to sleep. They said it will be down for 24hrs. So it will be back up at the same time it went down. 2PM PST.

I agree just do something else. but they said up TO 24 hours so just wait a few more hours.

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 03:54 AM
*sob* now my achievements will post without a time stamp and I'll get accused of hexing again! I knew I shoulda left Oblivion and NBA 2K on the shelf for a little longer, lol

DENAz666
06-17-2009, 03:55 AM
wow i can't beleive you actually called and harrassed them about it. Shit they gave us HEAPS of warning, and on top of that they told us 24hrs. So how about waiting that long before you start pissing them off.

katesith
06-17-2009, 03:57 AM
*sob* now my achievements will post without a time stamp and I'll get accused of hexing again! I knew I shoulda left Oblivion and NBA 2K on the shelf for a little longer, lol this sucks i did the same thing! who and how can they see if u unlocked an achievement

vI-Youneek-Iv
06-17-2009, 03:57 AM
God, did people not look at the Live Message?

DENAz666
06-17-2009, 03:59 AM
this sucks i did the same thing! who and how can they see if u unlocked an achievement

Nah i wouldn't worry about it honestly. They will see that it was unlocked during the down period. They worry about when you unlock ONLINE achievments (like get 20 kills in a ranked match) when your offline, lol thats kind of the give away :P

Coadster1
06-17-2009, 04:02 AM
Yeah, I think it's down untill LIVE is back up.

katesith
06-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Nah i wouldn't worry about it honestly. They will see that it was unlocked during the down period. They worry about when you unlock ONLINE achievments (like get 20 kills in a ranked match) when your offline, lol thats kind of the give away :P
ok well it was COD4 single player achievements and GH smash hits achievements which came out today

katesith
06-17-2009, 04:08 AM

No i didnt. My sister deleted it, she told me that it would be down the 26th.

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 04:10 AM
this sucks i did the same thing! who and how can they see if u unlocked an achievement

It'll go back up as soon as live comes back online so I wouldn't worry :) My message was meant to be taken tongue in cheek :P

As DENAz666 said; You'll only ever get people suss if you unlock one of the online achievements offline. Even then some of them are available via system link so it is possible :)

Lol, I just had a rant about that here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=154665

CyanideBreathMint
06-17-2009, 04:11 AM
katesith, just an fyi that you can edit your own posts so you don't have to double post.

katesith
06-17-2009, 04:26 AM
katesith, just an fyi that you can edit your own posts so you don't have to double post. sorry i forgot, my friend just txtd me that xbl is back up. i am away from my xbox so can anyone prove this positive?

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 04:31 AM
sorry i forgot, my friend just txtd me that xbl is back up. i am away from my xbox so can anyone prove this positive?

ROFL! Really? Are you seriously getting SMS's about it?

katesith
06-17-2009, 04:43 AM
ROFL! Really? Yea, it really happend but iam away from my xbox i went over this in ur thread about the maintence

nastymastadaddy
06-17-2009, 04:49 AM
still down ugh

katesith
06-17-2009, 04:52 AM
still down ugh dude this sucks

nastymastadaddy
06-17-2009, 04:54 AM
yes it does and yes i do realize i am addicted but i am fine with that

v SnOwMaN v
06-17-2009, 05:03 AM
I can't believe how serious people take unlocking an achievement offline. Some people go and visit family or go on vaction with their 360s and if they unlock an achievement offline they have a panic attack. I don't understand why someone would say your hacking/glitching achievements if you unlock a few SP achievements offline. Jesus I unlocked two achievements in ghostbusters will I get in trouble.

katesith
06-17-2009, 05:03 AM
only maybe 2 hours at the most.

katesith
06-17-2009, 05:05 AM
I can't believe how serious people take unlocking an achievement offline. Some people go and visit family or go on vaction with their 360s and if they unlock an achievement offline they have a panic attack. I don't understand why someone would say your hacking/glitching achievements if you unlock a few SP achievements offline. Jesus I unlocked two achievements in ghostbusters will I get in trouble. well i dont want to be to serious but i am in an competion with my friends on highest score and so far i am in second i want to win with a clean slate and not to be accussed

L Demonic I
06-17-2009, 05:06 AM
I can't believe how serious people take unlocking an achievement offline. Some people go and visit family or go on vaction with their 360s and if they unlock an achievement offline they have a panic attack. I don't understand why someone would say your hacking/glitching achievements if you unlock a few SP achievements offline. Jesus I unlocked two achievements in ghostbusters will I get in trouble. You're in deep trouble

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 05:09 AM
I can't believe how serious people take unlocking an achievement offline. Some people go and visit family or go on vaction with their 360s and if they unlock an achievement offline they have a panic attack. I don't understand why someone would say your hacking/glitching achievements if you unlock a few SP achievements offline. Jesus I unlocked two achievements in ghostbusters will I get in trouble.

Yes you will get in trouble. Microsoft will ban your accounts, send you a chain letter and NOT pay you 10c for every person you forward it on to. Your controllers will melt, terminators will be sent back in time to bring you forward in time to kill the past version of yourself that travelled to the future set in the past with Michael J. Fox to find a Delorean...wait a min.

Furthermore any new account you create will automatically be subjected to a 48 hour period without any Xbox live access at all. From the looks of these forum topics I sure hope they have a straight jacket lined up for people :P

Lol, crazy isn't it?! Good source of a giggle tho. I can't believe how many people aren't coping with downtime. It's not like you can't play games or anything :S

Simzo
06-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Amazes me how desperate some people are to play, I haven't even thought about LIVE being down. Just get on with it, what did you do before you had an Xbox?

katesith
06-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Yes you will get in trouble. Microsoft will ban your accounts, send you a chain letter and NOT pay you 10c for every person you forward it on to. Your controllers will melt, terminators will be sent back in time to bring you forward in time to kill the past version of yourself that travelled to the future set in the past with Michael J. Fox to find a Delorean...wait a min.

Furthermore any new account you create will automatically be subjected to a 48 hour period without any Xbox live access at all. From the looks of these forum topics I sure hope they have a straight jacket lined up for people :P

Lol, crazy isn't it?! Good source of a giggle tho. I can't believe how many people aren't coping with downtime. It's not like you can't play games or anything :S well i have a couple of sp chieves and no datestamp so would i counted as hexing?

@Simzo, uhhhhh,, playstation, gameboy, play outside but some people kant bc its 1 in the freakin mornin.

PMILL69
06-17-2009, 05:14 AM
i have an idea play a game offline

*MILLER gets and award intelligent idea*

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 05:19 AM
well i have a couple of sp chieves and no datestamp so would i counted as hexing?

I doubt it. Honestly I don't think anyone looks at the timestamp anyway. Also, if you're in a comp with friends then wouldn't they know you well enough not to accuse you of cheating?

DENAz666
06-17-2009, 05:23 AM
i have an idea play a game offline

*miller gets and award intelligent idea*

:o no way! ;)

katesith
06-17-2009, 05:23 AM
I doubt it. Honestly I don't think anyone looks at the timestamp anyway. Also, if you're in a comp with friends then wouldn't they know you well enough not to accuse you of cheating? depends on which ones, i would kick ones ass on Call oF duty4 and start getting higher in the ranks i have had it since 6/13 and iam kiking prestiges asses. so they would accuse me and say iam cheating or using a turtle beach headset.

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Agreed, HI my name is Paul i am a liveaholic, i have no friends that live around me so i can only mainly talk to them through live and i can play at the same time. my statement is done. Nice to meet yall'

Lol, I love that. So much so that I've created a Liveaholics Unanonymous group for you all to join! Link is here

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/group.php?groupid=440

Time for those unable to survive without the live to come out of the closet and team up to the ridicule you will no doubt receive! :D lol

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:05 AM
already joined.

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:11 AM
WOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Xbox said that there was gonna be a maintance update on the 16th that will take UP to 24 hours to do. it started at 3 Am EST and it is now 210 EST we are on our way. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

GradeAbra
06-17-2009, 06:34 AM
Why can't you guys just play the game offline for awhile? Why does it has TO BE online?

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:37 AM
Why can't you guys just play the game offline for awhile? Why does it has TO BE online? well i am waitin so i can advance towards prestige mode and higer in the ranks on cod4 and talk to friends anyway x360a is a great place to hangout.