PDA

View Full Version : Xbox.com and the Xbox LIVEŽ service are currently down for maintenance.

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 04:05 AM
Xbox.com and the Xbox LIVEŽ service are currently down for maintenance.

Signs that you're addicted to Online Gaming and will have trouble without it:

When Xbox Live and xbox.com go down you have to try and remember how to play single player games.
You hold off getting achievements whilst offline so that they're correctly time/date stamped when the service comes back up.
You find yourself posting in forums and checking the status of the site all day at work to see if all will be well when you get home
You post dumbass messages in Microsoft forums along the lines of "We'd better get something in compensation for this outage!!!!!!!!!"
Forums are littered with messages seeking frantic help as the service has gone down and people know not why (despite the email notification, Xbox live message and website notifications posted"

Did I miss any?! lol

Always cracks me up seeing all the forum posts here and on other sites by the people struggling to survive one day of downtime.

It's one day! Downtime like this is great on the odd occasion as, for example, I had some time to look away from the screen and see that my son has now learnt to walk, talk, ride a bike, get a job, move out of home, marry a hooker, divorce said hooker.... you get the point :)

PS : Sorry for the long message but I can't access xbox.com to send message, fill their forums and see which of my lucky friends are online whilst I'm at work... so I have to post here instead... or I could do some work I suppose.

ThrillKillBill
06-17-2009, 04:13 AM
Thank you Psycho, I needed this chuckle. I'd say you just about covered the field

NinjaGrinder
06-17-2009, 04:16 AM
You hold off getting achievements whilst offline so that they're correctly time/date stamped when the service comes back up.

You worry too much about what other people think of how you get your achievements. You can still obtain them legitmately offline and you would not get reset. Offline achievements have timestamps that are not visible to the general public but MS can still see them. There is a big difference between hacked gs offline and earning them.

How do i know this, you ask me? I pull up my profile in the hex editor (with legit gs) and i can see it the same way they would look at it.

Gackt
06-17-2009, 04:25 AM
You worry too much about what other people think of how you get your achievements. You can still obtain them legitmately offline and you would not get reset. Offline achievements have timestamps that are not visible to the general public but MS can still see them. There is a big difference between hacked gs offline and earning them.

How do i know this, you ask me? I pull up my profile in the hex editor (with legit gs) and i can see it the same way they would look at it.

What are you doing opening your profile with a hex editor in the first place?

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 04:34 AM
my friend just txtd me that xbl is back up. i am away from my xbox so can anyone prove this positive?

Hee hee, just saw this post. I forgot to add to my list of signs

5. You receive texts on that status of Xbox live and, when received, you want them verified to ensure that you're not being misled...despite not being near your Xbox and able to utilise the knowledge in any way

:D

NinjaGrinder
06-17-2009, 04:36 AM
What are you doing opening your profile with a hex editor in the first place?

Obversation. Of course i would naturally know about something like this since i USED to cheat for gamerscore, just thought id point out the facts. It doesnt matter if its unlocked out of order or offline, its still legitmately possible because there are chapter selects in alot of games, or someone could play their profile at a friends house offline it doesnt mean they cheated for it. Developers (such as Epic) help detect cheaters too because MS relies on game leaderboards to tell who earned their achievements and who didnt. MS can only reset if someone unlocks an achievement (such as Race Day community on Prostreet or Carbon, not sure) it automatically gets red-flagged for the next wave.

katesith
06-17-2009, 04:40 AM
Hee hee, just saw this post. I forgot to add to my list of signs

5. You receive texts on that status of Xbox live and, when received, you want them verified to ensure that you're not being misled...despite not being near your Xbox and able to utilise the knowledge in any way

:D i am in my room where i can not get to my xbox, my friend is waiting to get online(WaW), i could try to get my xbox but i do not want to get grounded for taking the xbox. so i ask if anyone could.

EDIT: and this also my falt for not reading 5 completely through. i take blame. but i have a txt message that my friend is online. i doubt it but some people could probaly get online somehow. but i wanted to see if anyone could help prove this

Poida
06-17-2009, 05:29 AM
LOL at me for not seeing this. I kept thinking my net was fucking up.

DENAz666
06-17-2009, 05:34 AM
LOL at me for not seeing this. I kept thinking my net was fucking up.

Did the same thing last night for about 10minutes before i realised :P

Luckily i didn't make it to the forums :| Or i'd be one of the examples above :P

Poida
06-17-2009, 05:46 AM
Suppose someone was gonna be an example eventually lol

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 06:08 AM
Suppose someone was gonna be an example eventually lol

Well my example was initially anonymous... until he/she posted to defend themself :D

I've now further enabled people to expose themselves by joining Liveaholics Anonymous. To join this exclusive club of people unable to play without live simply visit http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/group.php?groupid=440

:D

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:14 AM
well my example was initially anonymous... Until he/she posted to defend themself :d

i've now further enabled people to expose themselves by joining liveaholics anonymous. To join this exclusive club of people unable to play without live simply visit http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/group.php?groupid=440

:d it was me!!!!!!!!!!! Yay, go ahead and join liveaholics anonymous, me and chicken have founded it

Poida
06-17-2009, 06:19 AM
Well my example was initially anonymous... until he/she posted to defend themself :D

I've now further enabled people to expose themselves by joining Liveaholics Anonymous. To join this exclusive club of people unable to play without live simply visit http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/group.php?groupid=440

:D Haha Id join but I only go on Live like once or twice a month :p

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:21 AM
Haha Id join but I only go on Live like once or twice a month :p yay you joined

Andreas_loel
06-17-2009, 06:25 AM
Seems like im not addicted to online gaming seeing as not a single one of those were right

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 06:26 AM
it was me!!!!!!!!!!! Yay, go ahead and join liveaholics anonymous, me and chicken have founded it

FFS man what did I tell you about advertising?! If you don't tell them about the free Megaman & Rush Bobble head set giveaway noone will join!!! Gives members something to look at whilst live is down :P

Poida
06-17-2009, 06:27 AM
yay you joined Lol signed up :p

PMILL69
06-17-2009, 06:29 AM
i see people feel the same what i do its stupid

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:30 AM
FFS man what did I tell you about advertising?! If you don't tell them about the free Megaman & Rush Bobble head set giveaway noone will join!!! Gives members something to look at whilst live is down :P what are you talking about, it was a free Megaman & Rush Bobble head set giveaway along with a free 5 minute Gold membership that is already expired. whoops. well join us and we will take over the LIVE network for our evil plot of doom. ELLO

nastymastadaddy
06-17-2009, 06:32 AM
i guess ill join nothin else to do

NinjaGrinder
06-17-2009, 06:33 AM
You guys are trippin...i signed in Xbox Live around 1:10 pm CST. Just chillin at the dashboard waiting for a few friends to come on to play Gears2, anybody else signed in yet?

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:35 AM
nope, everyone i know cant get online except 1 but it didnt last

gdozer1
06-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Anybody have any idea when this is actually going to come back on??? I'm becoming very impatient...

Killer66250
06-17-2009, 06:40 AM
#2 is so true. :(

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:41 AM
Anybody have any idea when this is actually going to come back on??? I'm becoming very impatient... within an half hour because it would be 24 hours at the most.

gdozer1
06-17-2009, 06:43 AM
Figures they would stretch it as long as possible. I was hoping they said 24 hours but it would be more like 22 or something. Guess that didn't pan out the way I hoped.

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:45 AM
Figures they would stretch it as long as possible. I was hoping they said 24 hours but it would be more like 22 or something. Guess that didn't pan out the way I hoped. well i am in my room where the xbox is waiting to come in but its on the other side of the house and i have to sneak it across and return it b4 anyone wakes up.

gdozer1
06-17-2009, 06:48 AM
well i am in my room where the xbox is waiting to come in but its on the other side of the house and i have to sneak it across and return it b4 anyone wakes up.

Good luck with that. I'm just sitting here on the dashboard waiting til it finally allows me on LIVE.

O and I joined your little group.

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:50 AM
Good luck with that. I'm just sitting here on the dashboard waiting til it finally allows me on LIVE.

O and I joined your little group. great! well i have it all unpluged and just have to get past my dogs and up the wooden stairs

nastymastadaddy
06-17-2009, 06:51 AM
i wish i was just sitting on the dashboard cant take much more seriously 2.0

gdozer1
06-17-2009, 06:51 AM
Are you not supposed to have it or what?

katesith
06-17-2009, 06:55 AM
mom went to bed so i cant be in the living room so i unpluged it before coming up here so i can sneak down and grab it.

Psycho Chickan
06-17-2009, 07:09 AM

It was an example dude, I don't give a rats. Offline, Online, Sidelined. I just love playing my Xbox. I'm crap enough that playing against real people or bots doesn't phase me as they're both challenging enough :)

Jethrow
06-17-2009, 12:02 PM
So what is it that they fixed? I noticed the new xbox.com, but i was thinking we'd get something new with the dashboard.

dakisbac
06-17-2009, 12:35 PM
So what is it that they fixed? I noticed the new xbox.com, but i was thinking we'd get something new with the dashboard.

What do you see that's new? I'm still seeing a "down for maintenance" page. My Live is working though (not that it matters anyway since I'm gonna watch a movie)

EDIT: Weird... Typing "xbox.com" is supposed to redirect me to the proper URL but it didn't today. Not in Firefox anyway, like I said I got the unavailable page. Worked fine in IE though (obviously, that's how I got the above URL)

At a quick glance, I like the new setup already. Looks like the dashboard somewhat

Another edit: Didn't realise all I had to do was press F5 to get xbox.com working properly, silly me got the full URL from IE and copypasta'd. Looking at it in more detail now, there are a few issues, but I outlined them in another thread.

GR1N_REAP3R
06-17-2009, 12:43 PM
Signs that you're addicted to Online Gaming and will have trouble without it:

When Xbox Live and xbox.com go down you have to try and remember how to play single player games.
You find yourself posting in forums and checking the status of the site all day at work to see if all will be well when you get home
You post dumbass messages in Microsoft forums along the lines of "We'd better get something in compensation for this outage!!!!!!!!!"
Forums are littered with messages seeking frantic help as the service has gone down and people know not why (despite the email notification, Xbox live message and website notifications posted"

Did I miss any?! lol

Always cracks me up seeing all the forum posts here and on other sites by the people struggling to survive one day of downtime.

It's one day! Downtime like this is great on the odd occasion as, for example, I had some time to look away from the screen and see that my son has now learnt to walk, talk, ride a bike, get a job, move out of home, marry a hooker, divorce said hooker.... you get the point :)

PS : Sorry for the long message but I can't access xbox.com to send message, fill their forums and see which of my lucky friends are online whilst I'm at work... so I have to post here instead... or I could do some work I suppose.

I think that pretty common in most communities. Usually when anything that important to someone go down for an hour or two, people start to rage.

pinksheets
06-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Did they bring the ban hammer down during this maintenance? I jumped like 20 spots on my state's leaderboard on Xbox America. Also, the guy who was #1 is gone and Creech x360a is now at the top for my state. Anyone else notice anything similar?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it adjusted back to normal.

Zombie Ghandi
06-17-2009, 09:16 PM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WTF?!

Ok both me and my brother cant download game demos/trials from the xboxlive marketplace- anyone else having this problem?

I keep getting status code: 80070057 :mad:

Jethrow
06-17-2009, 11:59 PM
Did they bring the ban hammer down during this maintenance? I jumped like 20 spots on my state's leaderboard on Xbox America. Also, the guy who was #1 is gone and Creech x360a is now at the top for my state. Anyone else notice anything similar?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like it adjusted back to normal.

Hey man, that would be cool, i love to see people getting banned for cheating, gives me goosebumps!

ApochWeiss
06-18-2009, 12:13 AM
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WTF?!

Ok both me and my brother cant download game demos/trials from the xboxlive marketplace- anyone else having this problem?

I keep getting status code: 80070057 :mad:

Same thing happened to me, I came here looking for answers. I was so friggin' excited to get the new Magic The Gathering game on there, and then it reached 1% and wouldn't download.

XBox Live Maintenance, just another way for Microsoft to fuck everything up.

Oh well, I guess it's a sign to sit my ass down and play Ghostbusters. just wish people were fucking playing it on-line so I can grab the on-line achievements...SERIOUSLY! NO ONE!

Evil Demon55
06-18-2009, 12:55 AM
I absolutely hate non dated achievemnets :p. Every achievement is history for us to remember.