PDA

View Full Version : Question involving Hard drive memory

SetsunaFSeiei
06-17-2009, 04:59 AM
Does the amount of memory being used effect the xbox performance at all ? Like lagging when broswing through the dashboard or a list of some sorta like friends list or achievements

Just wondering, i have 1.5gb left after installing Ninja Gaiden 2 so i just wanna sure theres no negatives results after installing it

Pure Efficiency
06-17-2009, 05:19 AM
I've pretty much filled my 20gb drive to the max before. I never noticed any problems while gaming on the arcade or games on the drive. Everything should run for you just fine.

PwcrLinux
06-17-2009, 05:58 AM
I've pretty much filled my 20gb drive to the max before. I never noticed any problems while gaming on the arcade or games on the drive. Everything should run for you just fine.

Arcade games can be saved on memory cards (60 MB or less), if you use arcade on the hard drive and you can move to memory card either 256 or 512 MB cards.

My Duke Nukem 3D game on my 256 MB card.

Gackt
06-17-2009, 02:35 PM

Same as him ^^ I have pretty much filled up my HD space before and never noticed any change in performance

TJGamer360
06-17-2009, 03:27 PM
No. It's different from a computer as the save files aren't being used most of the time. With a PC, there are always background tasks being performed that may reduce performance if there isn't enough free memory. It's nothing to worry about, anyway. ;)