PDA

View Full Version : Not another XBL is down thread (sort of)

MightyWingo
06-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Ok, so we all know that XBL has been down for the better part of the day. Almost 24 hours at this point. And we all know that it sucks a fair amount of ass and so on and and so forth. But I'm wondering why do we need XBL to be up and running to use the netflix watch instantly feature? From a technical stand point the only thing really required to use this service is an internet connection, which we all still have. I mean people on PC's can still use WI so why can't we? Any thoughts? Oh and before anyone tells me to just watch on the computer, I only run Linux and to date netflix doesn't support it.

PMILL69
06-17-2009, 05:41 AM
thanks man i just made a thread just like this about xbl being down its quite anoying isint it

Pure Efficiency
06-17-2009, 06:00 AM
We seriously don't need this many threads about this. Why couldn't you have just posted your small rant in one of the other 30 threads related to Xbox Live being down?

MightyWingo
06-17-2009, 06:13 AM
We seriously don't need this many threads about this. Why couldn't you have just posted your small rant in one of the other 30 threads related to Xbox Live being down?

Because it isn't just about XBL being down, its about not being able to use the netflix service while XBL is down, which as far as I can tell is unnecessary. I did do a quick search through some of the existing threads and didn't see one that shared this view point. It is possible that one exists and I missed it. If thats the case then I apologize.

Thegreatest7884
06-17-2009, 06:53 AM
You need a connection to xbox live to use netflix over xbox live. Right now, you can't connect to Live. That means there is no way to stream your rentals over the service.