PDA

View Full Version : E68

rocadepunk
06-17-2009, 11:34 AM
Just curious, Have any of you guys had an E68 error on your 360 since live has been back up? Just switched my box on and walla, flashing red light and E68. I managed to fix it, but I was curious if it might have been caused by the live maintenance. I was told by a customer support rep on the phone, that the hard drive is trying to update through live which causes the problem. I don't know if I trust them seeing as they don't have the greatest track record.

Thanks guys.

Ligerblaze
06-17-2009, 12:19 PM
I doubt live had anything to do with it... did you try removing the HDD and playing without it to see if you get an error?

67 - Hard Drive Error... It could be a problem with the Hard Drive itself or a problem with the internal connection to the hard drive, Try removing the hard drive and playing without it
68 - HDD Error (See 67)

Taken from this link > http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6259

Deathblow23
06-17-2009, 03:22 PM
I have 2 HDD's...one is the 20GB from launch night...and the other is a 60 GB. The 60GB is the on I use 99% of the time, while the 20 GB has some data that will not transfer itself...such a PDZ saves, Bejeweled 2 saves, etc.

Well I decided last night I was going to chase a few PDZ cheevos and I popped on the 20 GB HDD and I got the E-68 error. I tried 2 more times last night and the same kept happening. I realized that although I had the NXE on it...it probably was up to date so I thought I would wait until today when LIVE was back up and running to try and update it. So I have tried twice this morning and I can't get it to work. I get the E-68 error every time. If someone knows anything about this...please help!!!