PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Store Freezes/Magic Ball not loading

NinjaGrinder
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Alright guys, so heres the problem i have...after blowing dust off my PS3 its been collecting the last 2 months, i decided to turn it on and access the PSN store to see whats new. Well, it decides to freeze on me every single time i try to enter the store and i have no idea why. I have upgraded to the latest version and just about everything possibly on the PS3. Any advice on this?

Also, i have 2 arcades i bought when i first got my PS3 3 months ago, Mortal Kombat 2 and Magic Ball. I can play MK2 with no problems, but for the life of me i cannot get Magic Ball to load to the title. If anyone has this game, it stops when there are 5 little blue balls at the bottom right screen indicating that it is loading just right before the title and i have left this on for an hour and nothing happens! It doesnt freeze like when i try to enter the PSN store, it just loads forever, and i have had this problem since i first bought it. Can anyone else play this game or even get to the title screen successfully?

Ive tried googling these problems but cannot find anything specifically to help me. I have a 20$ PSN card that i would like to redeem to buy a few more arcades but i dont have too much confidence for that right now.

Edit- i realize this is a 360 section, but hopefully anybody who has a ps3 as well can shed some light on this and help me out, any help is appreciated, thanks!

Jethrow
06-17-2009, 11:56 AM
shouldn't this go in the ps3 trophies site?

Ligerblaze
06-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Kill it with fire :p

TheVoidRose
06-17-2009, 12:59 PM
I find that unplugging the system solves all of its problems...

Mind you that is a one step solution.

mmartynn
06-17-2009, 01:41 PM
or, u could first off realise 2 things

first off, the ps3 is shit and shuld be left in a box in the deepest and blackest pits of video game hell
2ndly. this is an xbox site! it says general xbox 360. not general crappy blue ray dvd player. u shuld hower try on the ps3 throphie site. theyll help.

Pure Efficiency
06-17-2009, 01:59 PM
We also have a PS3 forum here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=227
You'll probably have better luck there ninjagrinder.

Louis BCFC1875
06-17-2009, 03:45 PM
This is a xbox forum, not a PS3 forum, take your PS3 and burn it, it's not worthy! :uzi:

IncensedCape
06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
This is a message from above telling you to put the PS3 back in the cupboard were it belongs :p

Alas, I cannot help you with your problem.

NinjaGrinder
06-17-2009, 06:32 PM

Doesnt have anything to do with trophies, just a few technical problems. But i think ill give Sony a call today.

Everyone else, yes i can relate because im a xbox fanboy but how is it coming in here telling me to burn my ps3 going to justify the $400 somethin i spent for it?? I just want to play some Wheel of Fortune, goddamnit! So this could be why ps3 offers free online service- you get what you pay for.

Chrono180
06-17-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't hate the PS3, I just hate the people who designed it and then said things like "People will buy the PS3 even if it didn't have any games" and "The PS3 is too cheap at 600$"

I still bought it. More fool me.

Jethrow
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
We also have a PS3 forum here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=227

huh i didn't actually know that! good to know even though its pointless for me

jimi_stephen
06-18-2009, 12:47 AM

How the hell do you get there. I've seen it posted a few times but can't seem to find the way. I need to go brag about my mad Gamecube skills man.

Dz06lt
06-18-2009, 01:01 AM
lots of rediculous fanboy hate in here, anyway as for your problem do you perhaps need to perform a system update?