PDA

View Full Version : Natal??

Quiksilvaguy24
06-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Hi People, Sorry to say but this may sound like a really silly question, but what exactly is Natal that I have heard a lot about lately??! Is there a link I could go to where I can read up about it?? Is it the thing that incorporates digital tv of some kind?? The motion capture thing I've seen over Live???
Sorry if it seems silly, but I've missed a lot of gaming updates recently and wanna check it out!!!
Cheers People!!! :woop: :confused:

GR1N_REAP3R
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Hi People, Sorry to say but this may sound like a really silly question, but what exactly is Natal that I have heard a lot about lately??! Is there a link I could go to where I can read up about it?? Is it the thing that incorporates digital tv of some kind?? The motion capture thing I've seen over Live???
Sorry if it seems silly, but I've missed a lot of gaming updates recently and wanna check it out!!!
Cheers People!!! :woop: :confused:

This should help you understand. YouTube - Project Natal for XBOX 360

Quiksilvaguy24
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks, its what I thought, much appreciated!

Xedoss
06-17-2009, 02:43 PM
This should help you understand. YouTube - Project Natal for XBOX 360 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oACt9R9z37U)

The people in that video really scare me...they look like mindless happy-drones on prozac. I only smile like that when i'm on something.

EpicGinge
06-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Go here for extra info: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/projectnatal/

taylorxxx
06-17-2009, 04:48 PM
i was almost interested in natal until this video.

Pixo
06-17-2009, 09:06 PM
I wonder how this is going to work with shooter games.. like Gears of War, how are you going to run or take cover?

epik499
06-18-2009, 05:26 PM
That video already has me wondering about it's limitations.. the skateboarding for one, what do I ride around town for hours doing ollies? The monster thing, does the kid walk in circles because he's already walked as far forward has he physically can? Sports on this thing? hmmm...
Shooters, how do you move, you can squat behind on screen cover but is Natal gonna tell where I aim and when I pull the trigger or switch weapons?
The racing, is she actually moving her feet for acceleration an braking? It look like she shifted, is she using a clutch?

What about depth perception, the dude being kicked in the face, well does he actually dodge anything?
Lastly, before I start a huge rant, why does everyone move so slow while playing everything on it?

I love the idea, the execution just seems miles away.