PDA

View Full Version : Help with playing my 360 on my computer monitor

AK46 Guerriero
06-17-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey, i have a HD computer monitor, and i connected my xbox to it via HD cable. I can see the picture fine, but unfortunatly there is no sound!! I also have the sam eproblem with my PS3, and the speakers are working because i can play music, listen to youtube videos etc. Any help is appreciated, thanks alot, Daniel.

jukkakhan
06-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Hey, i have a HD computer monitor, and i connected my xbox to it via HD cable. I can see the picture fine, but unfortunatly there is no sound!! I also have the sam eproblem with my PS3, and the speakers are working because i can play music, listen to youtube videos etc. Any help is appreciated, thanks alot, Daniel.

When you say HD cable, do you mean HDMI? If so, it transmits audio and video, but if your monitor doesn't have built in speakers, it has no way to interpret the audio signal. You'll have to run an optical cable if your computer supports it, or use the RCA audio conneters and use a converter to turn it into a headphone jack.

AK46 Guerriero
06-17-2009, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the help. I actually just brok the VGA's casing so that it fit in with the HDMI cable at the same time, and plugged the R/W into the speakers and it is now working. Thanks for the help.